watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A different perspective

Started by love4ffc, February 04, 2021, 02:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Having had some time now to sit and reflect on the match, which has allowed me to let my blood pressure to also calm down and think more about the match events.  I feel I have come to a different conclusion then most I.

Doom and gloom, doom, and gloom.  Yes, the results over the last three matches have been dire and yes things are looking bleak.  Don't ask me why but, even though there have been chinks shown in the armor I am not ready to give up.  Call me stupid or call me whatever fits your needing to justify your temper and anger this very moment.  Don't care.

Watching the match, I was disappointed when the first goal went in for Leicester City.  As always, a bit of unluck.  If Anderson had been a foot more in front or gotten into the air a few more inches to head away that ball in, then there would have been no goal.  But, that then is how matches are won, by inches.   

About Scotty and TK.  I don't buy into the whole thing that Scott has lost the plot or the players.  I think the player actually really like Scott as a manager and like playing for him.  I do think however that Scott is putting his faith into certain players that are dragging him and the performances down.  Picking the likes of RLC and Anguissa baffle me and I have been made fun of for saying so.  I have said this before here and elsewhere, but I would have wished to have seen Lemina and Bobby start in their place.

As for TK and the January transfer window, while I am not one to defend TK and how he deals with transfers late.  Lord knows he has made me upset and scratching my head with how things are done.  Though I do think he has explained how awful and difficult this particular transfer window has been with FFP and Covid.

Bottom line is I could have dropped this post into any thread.  There are just so many now a days.  But, if there is one thing I have learned from following Fulham, is that nothing is set in stone.

On wards and upwards.  I look forward to the casting of stones to begin ASAP.
Hopefully fingers crossed. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

TK has said that FFP has affected transfer policy, in what is a difficult time anyway.

But we  seemingly tried hard to bring in  King, but understandably, perhaps, he chose Everton   and Ancelotty.
Would h have come if we'd offered more money? Who knows.

The thing is, it is what it is. Whatever people might think of the khans, and you might ask 'where would we be without them?'  they are owner and son for the  foreseeable future, and we just have to get  on with it, try to keep behind the  club and the  manager and team.

As for Anguisssa - well he's had a lot of praise for his performances  this season, while RLC  has certainly received praise from pundits, though his is  often frustrating, but has often looked one of out most effective attackers going forward - except when it comes to putting the ball in the net, like all our players.
Maybe lemina and Bobby needed rest.

Thrre is also the possible unknown affects of corona virus on the players.

Last night's game - well, we were unlucky to some extent, with good chances just not going in, or being squandered, but we were obviously  just lacking in overall quality compared to Leicester.
I feel that Scott might have been going for a much  needed win, but  thus sacrificed  our defensive solidity r that has been so important in our  turnaround from the start of the season.

He needs to find a way of combining defensive solidity, but getting wins tooo. Look at what WBA and Brighton have done to Liverpool at Anfield.

And perhaps Fulham are better away from home at the moment, though not sure how much difference it makes at the moment - a psychological one, at least. If you're at home, a team is still expected to go for a win, while a defensive away performance is still more acceptable.

Yes, we were poor last night, but we need to remember   our other recent  performances against top opposition, where we've been unlucky not to get more from the game. Along with the  awful ref decisions against us.

It's dead easy to rant and rave  against TK, Scott , and the players at moment, and obviously hard to stick your head above the parapet on here, and  I  don't want to pretend that we are not in a dire situation - because of our recent performances, rather than the points gap, which I don't feel is  insurmountable with the games left, though i feel that is maybe affecting the players mentally.

But look at Sheff U, and their attitude - I feel they may have the best chance of escaping  the drop . when they really did look gone - but have they better players than us? even WBA could go on a run i think..

I've seen us in  bad situations before, in the old  First Div days, as  well as more recently, when all looked lost, but we have managed to turn it round.

Now is the time for us all to get behind our team.

COYW
049:gif

bill taylors apprentice

For what its worth I believe having RLC and Zambo in the same struggling midfield is a mistake.

Both are PL quality players and do a decent job off the ball when defending but neither offer goals and rarely hurt the opposition in any offensive way.

Combine this with the lack of goals elsewhere, no goals from dead balls, no goals from defenders and only the odd goal from anyone else and their lack of end product puts us at a great disadvantage before we start.

toshes mate

Well said love4ffc and Ray Smith.  Include me in the up for a fight group.

Whatever happened to gumption, you know that certain something that people have when they are in a fight?   Once upon a time we were free to have the gumption to think for ourselves and make decisions accordingly.  The choice between sinking or swimming was our personal responsibility to make.   Strong individuals fight while they still can; weak individuals give in at the first opportunity being under duress allows them to.

If we are going to be relegated this season let's do so with our pride intact, knowing we did our very best, and save the inquests for those times when they are absolutely necessary.

filham

The op doesn't address the major problem of our goal drought.
Last night we demonstrated beyond doubt that we have an inability to score goals, that is a prime ingredient for relegation.

The Cravenette

I agree with the sentiments on this thread.  I would never give up until it is mathematically impossible to stay up- and we are a long way off that.  But I think the concern is that we have not been putting in the performances in the last game and a half.  The players look tired and frustrated too and you begin to wonder if they do have the fight.  I really hope so.

Seeing Jesse Linguard score 2 for West Ham yesterday was a good example of a January signing making a difference.  He hasn't played for ManU for months yet was match fit enough to start their game.  Maja hasn't played for a couple of weeks and was clearly not felt to be fit enough for the bench last night.

We have a run of weekly games coming up (the 2 games a week has not been kind to our small squad) let's hope Scott can get the players up for it.

The Cravenette

I said we have a run of weekly games (as in one a week) instead of the twice weekly we have been.  We are making the same point I believe.

Ronnief

I misread the Cravanettes comment. Our squad is the same size as all other teams in the league but the quality and balance is missing.

filham

We need goals badly and we need improve in all attacking areas.
We are still not a threat from corners and set pieces. This should  not be the case, last night for corners we had Mitro, Andersen, Tosin , RLC and Aguissa all in the box but they failed to offer a threat.

SG

Quote from: filham on February 04, 2021, 11:24:04 AM
We need goals badly and we need improve in all attacking areas.
We are still not a threat from corners and set pieces. This should  not be the case, last night for corners we had Mitro, Andersen, Tosin , RLC and Aguissa all in the box but they failed to offer a threat.

Well Tosin's header from a corner brought a good save out of Kasper. He really should have scored. We seem to be unable to put the ball in the back of the net. Just look at Brighton's goal last night - talk about a fluke.

Count me in for the fight chaps. I am not giving this up until the fat lady is warbling away. Yes I admit it looks bleak but I can recall great escapes in 1962/3 and so on. I believe the players are still fighting for the manager and the shirt. They are professionals and have their pride

shepperton white

As the superb Capt. Sir Tom Moore said "tomorrow will be a better day"
Let us hope that Maja proves to be the answer to our prayers, just don't hold your breath

3 Cherries

If you were a betting man you would just need to look at the table , our form and the teams around us

And to compound the above is the lack of visible passion and grit from the team 

Reminds me of the last days of Hitler in his bunker whilst being encircled by the red army in Berlin... 

Black and White Blood

Plodder

I agree with the author and some others on this thread. Objectively, I recognise that our chances of avoiding the drop are diminishing quite quickly. However, with 17 games to go, and with things being able to turn around remarkably over a period of just a few games, I can't accept the "we're 100% down and it's hopeless" message which seems to be written by many on this board. I recognise that we are up against it, and the odds are against us staying up, but I shall continue to "support" the team as best as I can. For my part (not asking others to think the same way, they are entitled to post what they like), I would never post a message along the lines of "we have no chance" even if I thought it was the case, as in my opinion it would not have any constructive purpose, but would serve only to undermine determination to defy the odds.

SuffolkWhite

Agree with the Op COYW  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"