watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your Team For Tonight

Started by filham, February 06, 2021, 09:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Hard to think of how we can line up tonight after being so well defeated on Wednesday. The priority has to be to put some spark into our attack but I honestly think we had our best possible lineup out against Leicester and am going for the same again, Parker will have to do a lot of talking to motivate the team.

Areola
                                                       Aina         Andersen     Tosin
                                           Tete                                                   Robinson
                                                            Reed               Anguissa
                                                                        RLC
                                                             Mitro             Lookman

60 min. impact subs       Reid, Lemina, Maja (if fit)

I imagine Cairney is still recovering from injury and a long way off being match ready.

davew

Reid, Cav and Lookman as the front 3 for me, Maja, RLC and Mitro as impact subs
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FFC In Oz

I think it's time to go back to 4 at the back and look to get an ascendancy in the middle of the park.

Areola
Tete  Tosin    Andersen  Robinson
          Reed  Lemina
              Anguissa
Lookman               BDR
              Cav/Maja

JimmyConway

Would look at flat back four personally considering the way West Ham setup. Drop Tete and bring BDR in next to RLC as extra attacking option. We need wind badly.

Don't think for one minute Parker will change formation so if all fit?? perhaps Kongolo to the left of Andersen and Tosin to the right as the latter seems more right footed than left. Would choose Aina as the right wing back should give us a good balance. Then change Lookman for BDR as Bobby is one player currently who deserves a starting place and why not play him in  probably his best position.

SuffolkWhite

Whatever formation is picked we need two Strikers up top.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

If we want to win we have to score goals, and we have to win as we need maximum points.
Therefore two up front in conjunction with defending from the front. West Ham despite there lofty position unlike Leicester can be vulnerable.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Maja must start. Otherwise what was the point of signing him. We already know the other options aren't working. We need goals, we've signed a goalscorer so get him in please Mr Parker.

filham

Quote from: Whitestone on February 06, 2021, 11:05:03 AM
Maja must start. Otherwise what was the point of signing him. We already know the other options aren't working. We need goals, we've signed a goalscorer so get him in please Mr Parker.
The first question has to be is have we signed a fit match ready player. Then Parker will need more than two days of tactical talks and training with him to ensure he is familiar with our ways. I think the most we are likely to see of him tonight is a desperate substitution 15 minutes from the end.

Whitestone

Quote from: filham on February 06, 2021, 11:20:58 AM
The first question has to be is have we signed a fit match ready player. Then Parker will need more than two days of tactical talks and training with him to ensure he is familiar with our ways. I think the most we are likely to see of him tonight is a desperate substitution 15 minutes from the end.

On this occasion I believe we have signed a match fit player. Why would you think otherwise ?  Maja was on the bench for Bordeaux last weekend so must be  match fit. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of time so he has to start IMO. It's no good throwing him on when it's too late. Look at the effect Jesse Lingard had midweek. Signed for West Ham on deadline day and scored 2 goals 2 days later.  I thought Maja should have been on the bench against Leicester.

ex-Pat

Quote from: filham on February 06, 2021, 09:52:18 AM
Hard to think of how we can line up tonight after being so well defeated on Wednesday. The priority has to be to put some spark into our attack but I honestly think we had our best possible lineup out against Leicester and am going for the same again, Parker will have to do a lot of talking to motivate the team.

Areola
                                                                        RLC

I imagine Cairney is still recovering from injury and a long way off being match ready.

You want spark in the attack ? so you pick the Cart horse Mitro.

filham

Quote from: ex-Pat on February 06, 2021, 12:00:57 PM

Areola
                                                                        RLC

From what I see Mitro is always more likely to score than any other player.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on February 06, 2021, 12:58:24 PM
Quote from: ex-Pat on February 06, 2021, 12:00:57 PM

Areola
                                                                        RLC

From what I see Mitro is always more likely to score than any other player.

He's not scored in 1100 minutes of football in the PL so I'm not sure what you're watching

clarkey

Most likely to score on recent form : BDR and Neeskens Kebano. Lookman, Cav.
Least likely to score on recent form: RLC, Mitro, Anguissa, Reed, and everyone else

Most likely to score taking into account career stats and if they are still FFC players: Mitro, Cairney(inj)  Lookman, Bobby DR and Bryan
Least Likely: RLC, Cav, and everyone else.

So just using logic Mitro, Lookman and Bobby must play and up top. The rest simply do not score or are injured.New boy needs some pitch time today.RLC and Cav need a well earned break. Permanently.

Maidstone Lee

5 at the back leaves us so narrow going forward. Think we have to go for broke and revert to 4-2-3-1. We have a much better defence now so we're not so fragile if the opposition breaks on the counter.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 06, 2021, 01:41:57 PM
5 at the back leaves us so narrow going forward. Think we have to go for broke and revert to 4-2-3-1. We have a much better defence now so we're not so fragile if the opposition breaks on the counter.

Fully agree - think the midfield should be Reed, Anguissa in double pivot, BDR playing in front of them just behind either Maja or Mitro. Lookman on the left, Cav on the right. 4 at the back. We need goals and wins. Simple as that. 5 at the back just won't do.

JackHamlet90

For me

Areola

Tete       Andersen     Tosin    Robinson

Anguissa    Lemina

Cavaleiro            RLC          Lookman

BDR

Subs - Rodak Aina Kongolo Ream Bryan Reed Onomah Mitrovic Maja

70sPimlico

The last time we won a match that Mitro started in was against Shef W in July last year (I didn't put the date for dramatic effect as obviously we had a lockdown)

All I ask is that if we start Mitro and it doesn't work.And what I mean by doesn't work is that we become slow, ponderous, no movement, no chances and are forced to knock the ball back and forth at the back before we loft hopeful balls up front to a half that now has 20 players in it, then change it. And what I mean by change it, is not keep everything exactly the same by swapping different players playing in the exactly the same way but take Mitro off and change the tactics completely and do everything faster.

This is not an anti Mitro post

Caedal

Areola

Tete       Andersen     Tosin    Robinson

Anguissa    Lemina

Aina                  BDR          Lookman

Maja

Maja must start, the other forward options havent offered anything. Aina can help cover when defending if needed. BDR and Lookman can swap positions fluidly. Anguissa and Lemina are our best mfers

We Are Premier League

I dont like playing RLC and Mitro together in our 523 formation. One of them need to go since they both need willing runners around them. ATM, I would go with Mitro and play Reid and Lookman beside him.

filham

Quote from: Whitestone on February 06, 2021, 11:38:09 AM
Quote from: filham on February 06, 2021, 11:20:58 AM

On this occasion I believe we have signed a match fit player. Why would you think otherwise ?  Maja was on the bench for Bordeaux last weekend so must be  match fit. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of time so he has to start IMO. It's no good throwing him on when it's too late. Look at the effect Jesse Lingard had midweek. Signed for West Ham on deadline day and scored 2 goals 2 days later.  I thought Maja should have been on the bench against Leicester.
Right , I have taken in what you have said and it has made me feel more confident so I will live in hope for the next couple of hours that Parker sees things our way.
It would be just great if Maja could add that vital spark to the attack and inspire us to score a couple of goals today.