watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bobby Zamora

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 06, 2021, 07:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

I appreciate he's a West Ham fan but did he have to be so clearly biased in the studio. He had his best years as a player with us so he could have been a bit kinder in his comments.

Sgt Fulham

I'm surprised to hear him in a studio. Thought he hated football and didn't want anything to do with it after retirement? I don't think the chip ever left his shoulder after that first season with us. It's a shame, because he could have been held in much higher regard than he is.

ron

He doesn't hate money as much as he hates football.

filham

Every one in that studio thought they had a good opportunity to jump on a rolling West Ham band wagon and back a certain winner tonight. Got it wrong though didn't they.

john dempsey

I could never fault his effort.

hovewhite

Radio wise he's a bloke that goes with general opinion probably like in life as they say its easier not to rock the boat.

Andy S

I always liked him and thought the stick he got in his first season was way over the top. He did a lot for us during his years here. His opinion does not have to be the same as yours

Andy S

I thought the egg on face suited the commentators. They talked rubbish anyway

Enfield

Quote from: john dempsey on February 06, 2021, 08:24:51 PM

Once headed wide v W.Ham from two yards when it seemed impossible to miss, lots of fans reckoned it looked
intentional. 

bog

I will always remember Bobby with much respect. In our Europa run he was unplayable being the best centre forward in the tourna that year. If he had been fit for the final he would have been one of the major players in Fulham winning the second highest cup tournament in Europe.   :54:

092.gif

Andy S

Yes I agree the gods were not with us that night but what a season

clarkey

Bobby played well for us, but remember he is a footballer not an educated person. Makes a big difference, he is still not a fully formed adult for goodness sake. Nice guy though.

Baszab

He is known in the football business as being a sandwich short of a picnic

Cannot understand why Sky would select him as a pundit

He was bloody brilliant for us though 10 years or so ago

Peabody

Quote from: Enfield on February 07, 2021, 09:15:04 AM

Once headed wide v W.Ham from two yards when it seemed impossible to miss, lots of fans reckoned it looked
intentional

So, can you not tell us when that was?

Enfield

Quote from: Peabody on February 07, 2021, 06:38:29 PM

intentional

Not sure, at home in front of the Putney end, 2008 perhaps?

Enfield

Quote from: Enfield on February 07, 2021, 07:34:39 PM
Quote from: Peabody on February 07, 2021, 06:38:29 PM

intentional

Not sure, at home in front of the Putney end, 2008 perhaps?

Yes Sept 2008,

Extract from BBC Sport  ( this was after a red card for Johnson)
"It was the incentive Fulham needed and Zamora came close to equalising with a close-range header that he really should have done better with."

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 06, 2021, 07:50:38 PM
I appreciate he's a West Ham fan but did he have to be so clearly biased in the studio. He had his best years as a player with us so he could have been a bit kinder in his comments.

He got booed and jeered at, at virtually every game he played for us, the likelihood he likes us is slim.

john dempsey

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 07, 2021, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 06, 2021, 07:50:38 PM

He got booed and jeered at, at virtually every game he played for us, the likelihood he likes us is slim.
Well I seem to recall it a bit differently to that. he did take some stick when he first joined
but unless my memory fails me although he never warmed to some fans (cupping his earhole) he won
most of the fans over who appreciated him and the way he worked for Hodgson.

Woolly Mammoth

He had a good season when we reached that Euro Cup Final, I can never understand why supporters boo there own players, it seems pointless. To be honest I personally never really warmed to him, but I would never boo him or give him any stick.
My wife boos me when i wake up in the morning but that is understandable.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

glenhodgso

Quote from: bog on February 07, 2021, 09:31:03 AM
I will always remember Bobby with much respect. In our Europa run he was unplayable being the best centre forward in the tourna that year. If he had been fit for the final he would have been one of the major players in Fulham winning the second highest cup tournament in Europe.   :54:

092.gif

0001.jpeg. However I too was surprised and disappointed how little charity or credit he showed Fulham during his analysis