watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Not happy.

Started by bog, February 07, 2021, 09:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I had to put up with the Radio London commentary. The lady with the mic and the so called 'expert'  made the game sound dull and boring. The so called expert could not understand why Wham were so 'flat' throughout. Nothing to do with how Fulham were playing of course. They seemed more interested in flirting at the mic. Then I saw the brief highlights on MOTD, those that Linneker felt there was nothing to comment on, and I thought we looked quite good.  If only we could get a break in front of goal. We did not ooze confidence but from what I saw we kept going. Did RLC
have his best game?

Oh to be able to shut all the pundits up and burst into winning ways like back in the '60's.  049:gif

092.gif     

WhiteJC

I'm afraid that, as far as most pundits are concerned, Fulham will never play a good game only that our opposition will have an off day

Fernhurst

Captain, prior to the game I was very pessimistic as a few days ago I witnessed a performance by WHU that so impressed me.
Please take it from me our team played very well for us, the manager, the owners and for each other.
The win alluded us but I'm not sure how, taking our chances remains our constant problem and reason for our relegation this season. Life has changed so much since the 60's Captain. There is so much money in the game and the squads are so big we just cannot rely on teams tiring and a mass of surprising results coming our way.
I was proved wrong last night predicting a heavy defeat when we ultimately should have won.
The game was thoroughly enjoyable to watch and if the fans had been there I'm sure they would of seen the boys home to victory.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Thank you gentleman. I too was expecting a heavy defeat Fernhurst, a cloud of gloom hung over me prior to kick off! I feel if we could just get a win we could get going. We are not far off a good side. Nowhere better to start than at Goodison Park seeing as we have never won in the league there! A Fulhamish at its very best!  049:gif

092.gif   

Enfield

If anyone needed to gauge how well we played against W.ham all you had to do was look at the bewilderment
on Moyes face during the game, he had no clue how to combat our play. 

bog

Quote from: Enfield on February 07, 2021, 04:43:27 PM
If anyone needed to gauge how well we played against W.ham all you had to do was look at the bewilderment

So annoying we could not grab a goal. Also the more I hear of how well we played the more annoyed I am with that stupid Radio London commentary.  :031:   

Andy S

our main problem is nobody from mid field wants to take a pop at goal. The odd rebound and a bit of variation is what's needed

Twig

In general your commentators weren't far wrong, it was rather dull and boring.

bog

Quote from: Twig on February 07, 2021, 06:36:02 PM

Not all on here agree

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on February 07, 2021, 08:52:43 PM

Not all on here agree

Yes- I thoroughly enjoyed the game.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Enfield on February 07, 2021, 04:43:27 PM

Yes I noticed that his eyes were popping out like organ stops.
Moyes settled for a draw long before the end.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

We were by far the better team, and made WH look ordinary, and this is a team the pundits have been drooling about.

In fact, I turned the  BT commentary off before the  game started because all they spoke about was how great WH were,  tuned it on again, since i couldn't get the FFCTV commentary, then had to turn the BT commentary off again  after about 10 mins play - it was so sickening, and watched the game in silence until half time, when I managed to get Jamie and Sean on FFCTV.

Kent Cassandra

I agree with you Mike, I watched the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I enjoyed the great team football that we played and the class we showed
is way above what I have seen with the bottom six or seven clubs.
The team is improving, Mitro is slowly getting his form back and I was
impressed by the way Loftus Cheek absolutely made mincemeat of West Hams
Midfield.  I am naturally disappointed that our luck continues to desert us in front
of goal but my seventy one year experience of playing and watching football tells me
that if we keep making as many chances our luck must inevitably change.
The poorer teams in this division are only good enough to take points from each other
whereas I think the football we play we will get the odd scalp from the top ten.
Take no notice of the pundits who are making loads of dough in the media, they may
have had some success as a professional footballer but wouldn't have a clue about
managing a team.  Believe me, theirs is the easy way to stay in football and to keep their jobs
all they have to do is keep their production managers happy by keeping the glory hunters happy
and make even more money for TV companies and the premier league top teams.

Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Arthur

Quote from: bog on February 07, 2021, 08:52:43 PM

Not all on here agree

I think for the neutral spectator, the game was dull. (I certainly wouldn't have kept watching had it not in involved us.) As a supporter, however, I found it thoroughly absorbing.

toshes mate

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on February 07, 2021, 11:12:24 PM
I agree with you Mike, I watched the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I enjoyed the great team football that we played and the class we showed
is way above what I have seen with the bottom six or seven clubs.
The team is improving, Mitro is slowly getting his form back and I was
impressed by the way Loftus Cheek absolutely made mincemeat of West Hams
Midfield.  I am naturally disappointed that our luck continues to desert us in front
of goal but my seventy one year experience of playing and watching football tells me
that if we keep making as many chances our luck must inevitably change.
The poorer teams in this division are only good enough to take points from each other
whereas I think the football we play we will get the odd scalp from the top ten.
Take no notice of the pundits who are making loads of dough in the media, they may
have had some success as a professional footballer but wouldn't have a clue about
managing a team.  Believe me, theirs is the easy way to stay in football and to keep their jobs
all they have to do is keep their production managers happy by keeping the glory hunters happy
and make even more money for TV companies and the premier league top teams.
Very nicely put.

Why on earth would any sane person believe our excessively partisan media would treat sport any differently to any other of life's many games?   Neutrality has to exist in a person's mind set before anyone can possibly express a non-biased opinion and that is why we once expected our main stream media to at least have a semblance of balance even if it was never entirely attainable.

If the majority of your audience are likely to favour one side against the other then our modern day media acts entirely in the knowledge that they know which side guarantees their job is safe.   These are weak minded people who get paid a lot of money to stay weak minded.

jarv

Excellent performance in the 2nd half.  should have won.

blingo

We would have won had we made substitutions earlier

bog

After all the comments would it not be nice to survive against all the odds. Begin the revival with a win at a ground that, other that cup games, have never won at?  A Fulhamish at Goodison Park would be very nice for starters.  049:gif

Hope all is well Terry.  :54:

092.gif