watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley away, did we get a say ?

Started by Riversider, February 09, 2021, 01:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Got a horrible feeling that this six day schedule is going to bit us on the arse on Saturday, in fact I will go as far as to say that we couldn't have a worse opponent than Sheffield Utd to face after 3 games in six days, their front three will play a high press from the first minute to the last, as good as we are, our whole game plan seems based around rest, for example all our players look so much better when we haven't played for seven days,
It will be an amazing result and an amazing effort if we were to take all three points on Saturday,
Following this game our schedule looks decent until the end of the season, it's just clearing this final hurdle though.

RaySmith

WEll, playing Devi's Advocate, if the rest of our season is going to be that bit easier, then the result of this game maybe  doesn't matter so much. Not Life or Death.

'Must Wins' put a lot of pressure on the players, as if - if you lose this, then might s well give up, which i don't agree with, and i'm sure Scott won't.

WE need to treat this as another Prem  game, which we want to win, doesn't matter about  who it is, or the stakes involved - though obviously impossible for the players not to be aware of this.

But Sheff u are no easy opponents at all,and have some  big scalps, and came close to wining at Brighton, and to drawing home to Man u, too.

Whitestone

Quote from: Riversider on February 18, 2021, 01:28:39 PM
Got a horrible feeling that this six day schedule is going to bit us on the arse on Saturday, in fact I will go as far as to say that we couldn't have a worse opponent than Sheffield Utd to face after 3 games in six days, their front three will play a high press from the first minute to the last, as good as we are, our whole game plan seems based around rest, for example all our players look so much better when we haven't played for seven days,
It will be an amazing result and an amazing effort if we were to take all three points on Saturday,
Following this game our schedule looks decent until the end of the season, it's just clearing this final hurdle though.

I don't understand your logic. We couldn't have had a better opponent than Sheff Utd at home as the third game in six days. I'm not saying it'll be a walk in the park but surely we have to be pleased that we are up against a team that are bottom of the table having already lost 19 of 24 Premier League teams. I don't doubt that it will be tough but, all games in the Premier League are, but we really should be more positive and look at this game as three expected points in the same way that we will probably look at the Man City game coming up as any points being unexpected.