watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burnley away, did we get a say ?

Started by Riversider, February 09, 2021, 01:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

When a game is rescheduled do both sides get an equal say as to when the rescheduled game will take place, does anyone know ? Or is it a case of The Premier League imposing a new date on both sides ?
I will be astounded if anyone says that Fulham had any kind of say, our schedule from Sunday is truly horrendous,  3 games in six days and two of them will either give us a glimmer of hope or confirm our relegation to the championship, 
Everton away on Sunday followed by Burnley away on Wednesday,  so two days rest before such a crucial game, and we then follow it up with Sheffield Utd at home on Saturday,  again after just two rest days, the Blades have got a week to prepare, 
Many will disagree I'm sure, but I would rest two or three against Everton to have them fresh against Burnley ,
The Burnley and Sheffield Utd games will decide our fate, just a shame we couldn't have had a bit more preparation time, especially as they will have had more recovery time than us.

Andy S

When you are as fit as they are you don't need that much recovery time. You are training every day anyway. If we are on a winning streak watch us go. If we are on a losing streak watch us cry

Riversider

Quote from: Andy S on February 09, 2021, 01:49:38 PM
When you are as fit as they are you don't need that much recovery time. You are training every day anyway. If we are on a winning streak watch us go. If we are on a losing streak watch us cry

Sorry but I totally disagree,  in over 50 years of following Fulham I've never once heard a single manager state that a lack of recovery time is a good thing, I've heard many complain about the heavy schedule over Christmas though.

filham

Just think of the travelling involved for Fulham , Lancashire and back twice in four days and in mid winter with a good possibility of being stranded in snow.
These Premier league officials don't seem to put their thinking caps on when fixing match dates.

Twig

Agree it's pretty horrible.

junior white

I would assume we will stay up in Lancashire, isnt that the norm when games are that close in the same area?

FFC1987

Quote from: Riversider on February 09, 2021, 02:01:26 PM
Quote from: Andy S on February 09, 2021, 01:49:38 PM

Sorry but I totally disagree,  in over 50 years of following Fulham I've never once heard a single manager state that a lack of recovery time is a good thing, I've heard many complain about the heavy schedule over Christmas though.

I think managers have always lamented a lack of momentum taken away from them, a key example is international weeks. But I do think 3 games in 6 days I think it was, is excessive although sportsmen from other sports manage it so I guess its about squad rotation/depth and good management.

WhiteJC

Quote from: junior white on February 09, 2021, 03:47:56 PM
I would assume we will stay up in Lancashire, isnt that the norm when games are that close in the same area?

where would the team stay? aren't all hotels closed due to COVID?

LittleErn

It's not just the recovery time, it's the lack of tactical preparation time. Scott complained about this before the Spuds game. Two days is not enough to analyse the opponents style and possible weaknesses and train our lads to take advantage of them and or nullify their strengths. It's one thing to talk about them another to put them into practice in training. I would like to think that the club could appeal against what is clearly an unfair advantage gifted to Burnley who will have an extra day and especially Sheff Utd. who will have a whole week to prepare.

AJW48361

Lake of preparation time didn't do any harm away to Spurs maybe a omen.

LittleErn

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 09, 2021, 04:33:27 PM

hope springs eternal.......

filham

I did wonder if that was the case but setting up camp in Lancashire for four days for players and coaching staff must be expensive and not without its difficulties. Also we would be denied our familiar training and medical facilities at Motspur Park for four days or more.

Dodger53

Quote from: whitejc on February 09, 2021, 04:05:56 PM

where would the team stay? aren't all hotels closed due to COVID?

They even stayed in a hotel the night before the (postponed) Spurs away game. An early evening game about 8 miles away, I think they stay in hotel before home games. Is it because they don't trust the players?

AJW48361

The Government looking for good Hotel deals.

davew

Quote from: Riversider on February 09, 2021, 01:43:40 PM
When a game is rescheduled do both sides get an equal say as to when the rescheduled game will take place, does anyone know ? Or is it a case of The Premier League imposing a new date on both sides ?
I will be astounded if anyone says that Fulham had any kind of say, our schedule from Sunday is truly horrendous,  3 games in six days and two of them will either give us a glimmer of hope or confirm our relegation to the championship, 
Everton away on Sunday followed by Burnley away on Wednesday,  so two days rest before such a crucial game, and we then follow it up with Sheffield Utd at home on Saturday,  again after just two rest days, the Blades have got a week to prepare, 
Many will disagree I'm sure, but I would rest two or three against Everton to have them fresh against Burnley ,
The Burnley and Sheffield Utd games will decide our fate, just a shame we couldn't have had a bit more preparation time, especially as they will have had more recovery time than us.
Best to get those games out of the way, it will either cheer us up or put us (almost) out of our misery.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ffcne

Didnt pan out to well for Chelsea and Man u games did it?

Absolute joke.Not noticing other teams having this situation.
Burnley extra days rest and Sheff utd extra days rest

ffcne

Quote from: filham on February 09, 2021, 04:36:18 PM

I did wonder if that was the case but setting up camp in Lancashire for four days for players and coaching staff must be expensive and not without its difficulties. Also we would be denied our familiar training and medical facilities at Motspur Park for four days or more.

Probably fly home Sunday night from Liverpool. and fly back Tuesday night to Manchester

davew

Quote from: ffcne on February 09, 2021, 06:25:25 PM

Didnt pan out to well for Chelsea and Man u games did it?

Absolute joke.Not noticing other teams having this situation.
Burnley extra days rest and Sheff utd extra days rest
Not a joke really, some people are looking for any excuse for why Fulham are where we are in the League and sorry 1 of the main reasons isn't that we are being unfairly treated in playing matches. Chelsea and Man Utd should not be affected even if they played Burnley and Sheff Utd 24 hours after playing another match, they are so much better! Perhaps they feel it is better to lose those games to give them teams a better a chance of staying up and then an easy 6 points from each team next season, while of course we are a different proposition no pushover these days! It is what it is and we have to get on with it!

davew

It could have been worse, we could have beaten Burnley in the Cup and had to play tonight, but as it turned out they now will have played 1 more game than us in the next couple of weeks (since last weekend), bet their fans will be complaining now as well?

Riversider

Quote from: davew on February 09, 2021, 08:46:01 PM
It could have been worse, we could have beaten Burnley in the Cup and had to play tonight, but as it turned out they now will have played 1 more game than us in the next couple of weeks 8since last weekend), bet their fans will be complaining now as well?

They rested 8 players last night then proceeded to use the game as a training exercise showing absolutely no effort at all, so the point about one extra day's rest still stands,
But anyway back to what I really wanted to say, so I can take it from this thread that nobody actually knows whether or not Fulham had any say in the Burnley and Sheffield United fixtures being three days apart ?