more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosh's Funeral

Started by sunburywhite, February 09, 2021, 01:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

On the Official

Fulham favourite Tosh Chamberlain will be laid to rest on Thursday 11th February, and his family have kindly provided a link for supporters to watch the service and pay their respects.

For fans who wish to watch the service, it will start at 1pm at obitus.com. You will need the following details to gain access:

Username: Luze1240

Password: 005261

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/february/Tosh-Chamberlain-s-Funeral/
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

WhiteJC

FFC365

Thanks for that Sunbury White, it's good to have the opportunity to pay my respect to this Fulham legend, who gave us oldies so much, not only on the field, but also brought his great friend Johnny Haynes to Craven Cottage. I have a unique memory of Tosh when he came and spoke to me at the funeral of Jim Langley, it meant a lot to me then as it does right now. Thanks Tosh for the memories.

filham

Very thoughtful of the family to make the funeral available on line, we must try to take advantage of this.

bobbo

I'll watch it . He entertained me in the 50's and was a very happy man always laughing and making others laugh.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I shall be watching Tosh a Fulham Legend.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodgin

A nice gesture from the family, one of Fulham's best loved characters ever.

sunburywhite

Quote from: FFC365 on February 09, 2021, 04:26:46 PM
Thanks for that Sunbury White, it's good to have the opportunity to pay my respect to this Fulham legend, who gave us oldies so much, not only on the field, but also brought his great friend Johnny Haynes to Craven Cottage. I have a unique memory of Tosh when he came and spoke to me at the funeral of Jim Langley, it meant a lot to me then as it does right now. Thanks Tosh for the memories.

Could I ask why you were at Jim Langleys funeral?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Bracken White

So happy to be part of it. We knew Tosh when I was a boy through our Fulham roots & constantly, one of the nicest, funniest, down to earth & generous of people you could wish to meet - & Margaret, too. Privilege to be asked & most certainly will be 'there' virtually.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

RaySmith

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 09, 2021, 01:45:44 PM
On the Official

Fulham favourite Tosh Chamberlain will be laid to rest on Thursday 11th February, and his family have kindly provided a link for supporters to watch the service and pay their respects.

For fans who wish to watch the service, it will start at 1pm at obitus.com. You will need the following details to gain access:

Username: Luze1240

Password: 005261

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/february/Tosh-Chamberlain-s-Funeral/

Lovely gesture. I'm sure many  Fulham fans will want to watch. Tosh was a much loved icon.

FFC365

Could I ask why you were at Jim Langleys funeral?

Fulham announced in the matchday programme that there would be a memorial service for Jim Langley at Breakspear Crem , as I live 5 minutes away I thought it was the least I could do but go along, I wore a black jacket with a simple FFC badge on it, and Tosh and Mark Lazarus came over and spoke to me. I guess with hindsight it would have been an unusual venue for a memorial, but I went anyway. I remember Tosh was disappointed that the club were not better represented!!

The programme it was in was against Newcastle United 15th December, page 11 "A memorial service will be held at 2.15 pm Friday 21 at Breakspear Crematorium"  so it was worth keeping 60 years of FFC programmes!!!!

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

Logicalman

:bump:

It's started.

The scarf - nice touch.  9739.gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fluffyninja

Bracken White

Don't know who the vicar was but some nice anecdotes - that's how most of us remember Tosh! RIP .... Rosebury Road legend.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

FFC365

Guessing the Vicar in the Fulham scarf was Gary Piper who was the Fulham FFC Chaplain for many many years and was perfect for the job as he knew the club, the history, and most importantly was a personal friend of Tosh. Really appreciate being able to share and remember the man who brought so much to our club. 

Dodgin

filham

A very nice modest funeral where every word confirmed that Tosh was the loveable fun loving  character we saw on the pitch. Young people today have so much to make like enjoyable but none of them can have a lot better than the entertainment Tosh gave to me and some 30,000 or so other fans at Fulham in the fifties.

SG

Quote from: filham on February 11, 2021, 02:23:32 PM
A very nice modest funeral where every word confirmed that Tosh was the loveable fun loving  character we saw on the pitch. Young people today have so much to make like enjoyable but none of them can have a lot better than the entertainment Tosh gave to me and some 30,000 or so other fans at Fulham in the fifties.

Couldn't have put it better - thank you