more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Sess interview.

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, February 12, 2021, 05:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyle from Hangeland

cmg

Mature, positive comments from a young man who knows what he wants and has the skill and the mentality to persue it.

Just what you might expect from someone who grew up with us, always impressed in his manner and atitude and who contributed mightily. He is progressing towards the realisation of his potential, with the advantage of having achieved some financial security.

He is due to return from injury soon. Best of luck to him.

Matt10

Good article. Really been enjoying his play for Hoffenheim before the injury. He's scored some goals, including a winner this season. He may face some competition of his own as the youngster (18) Marco John is playing well.

FulhamStu

How about bringing Sess back next season for our promotion push ?  Team him up again with Mitro.  With a much better defence and more depth we could do worse.

filham

Interesting thought is would Sess. command a place in our team right now. I am not sure that he would.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on February 13, 2021, 09:59:56 AM
Interesting thought is would Sess. command a place in our team right now. I am not sure that he would.

Surely he'd command a spot in the team over Cav?

Sgt Fulham

Always wish the best for Sess and don't understand any resentment towards his transfer. It looked like he would just end up as another player that never reached their potential, however the move to Germany could be an ideal one. This guy is a breath of fresh air in a business of egos and 'big personalities'. Best of luck Ryan.

Twig

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 10:11:09 AM

I'd have thought so.

Slaphead in Qatar

Glad he is getting good game time in the bundeliga for a decent team.

cmg

Interesting question. Personally I'd think he would be ideal for us.

Given that he obviously (and understandably) regards himself as a LB or LWB, those who think he wouldn't make our team presumably regard the deal that brought in Anthonee Robinson (supposedly £4.5m, against the supposed £25m we got for Sess) as one of the best bits of business of all time.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 13, 2021, 12:18:33 PM
Always wish the best for Sess and don't understand any resentment towards his transfer. It looked like he would just end up as another player that never reached their potential, however the move to Germany could be an ideal one. This guy is a breath of fresh air in a business of egos and 'big personalities'. Best of luck Ryan.

Its not resentment at all. I wish him the best. I just also wish he'd stayed.

Gezza

I think he would feel playing for us in The Championship a step backwards.

davew

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 13, 2021, 09:10:50 AM
How about bringing Sess back next season for our promotion push ?  Team him up again with Mitro.  With a much better defence and more depth we could do worse.
Do you really think he would come back?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 13, 2021, 12:18:33 PM
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Pluto

Agree. No resentment towards this guy. We were relegated the season he left and we got a decent fee for him. Can't blame the lad for wanting another Premier League opportunity. He could have left earlier for a tribunal fee like Harvey Elliott did but he signed a pro deal with us and played a big part in that seasons promotion winning side. Credit to him and wishing nothing but the best.

Twig

Quote from: Pluto on February 14, 2021, 02:15:52 AM
Agree. No resentment towards this guy. We were relegated the season he left and we got a decent fee for him. Can't blame the lad for wanting another Premier League opportunity. He could have left earlier for a tribunal fee like Harvey Elliott did but he signed a pro deal with us and played a big part in that seasons promotion winning side. Credit to him and wishing nothing but the best.

Same from me.

General

He's 20, his parent club is Tottenham - he's played for them, and even scored against Bayern Munich for them, he's now playing for a top division team in germany getting regular game time and perhaps on the same wage he was on when signing for tottenham, which would've been a step up. He's also there with his gf and has a point of relatability with his peers in the england youth setup (Sancho etc)..

He could be shipped out on loan for the next two years and still have plenty of time to get into the tottenham lineup. Time's on his side and given how we've done since he left, I think whilst he'll probably want us to do well and look out for our results, he'll not be regretting the decision.

filham

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 10:11:09 AM

Cav.'s continual selection is a mystery, lots of players must think they deserve to be ahead of him in the pecking order