watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next 4 games season defining

Started by Whitesideup, February 12, 2021, 11:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas White

It make me sad to say but I think our seasons already defined....

WindyCity

Yeah, frustrating.  Just noticed Burnley up 2 nil early.  FFC sinking further adrift.......

SP

The thought of losing our best centre half pairing since Brede & Aaron is a choker.

SP

Quote from: WindyCity on February 13, 2021, 03:31:13 PM
Yeah, frustrating.  Just noticed Burnley up 2 nil early.  FFC sinking further adrift.......

Don't forget the old FoF mantra that there's always a team that drops down in the second half of the season. This season, I think it's Liverpool?

FFC In Oz

Quote from: SP on February 13, 2021, 03:33:37 PM
The thought of losing our best centre half pairing since Brede & Aaron is a choker.

People around these parts seem convinced that it's more or less a given that Tosin will be here next season.

I'm not so sure, I think that his performances will definitely have sparked some interest from elsewhere.

JoelH5

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 10:13:11 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on February 13, 2021, 08:54:54 AM
If I'm honest I've lost all interest this season. Knew it would be a long season so decided to get into the NFL before the season started there and it was so much better. Actually enjoyed it and didn't have my weekends ruined. I wouldn't get your hopes up over the next 4 games. You'll more than likely be disappointed again

Who do you follow Joel?

I'm a Vikings fan, so I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment and subconsciously it's ingrained in me to follow teams that inevitably let me down more often than not! Haha

The Bucs which obviously helps with me enjoying it so much right now haha. It's just caused me to lose a lot of interest in football.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

YankeeJim

Seems as if this thread pops up every week. Every match is a must win, season defining. We are ten points adrift with sixteen to play. The season has been defined. :012:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

filham

Terrible thought and that alone could mean an early Championship relegation position.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 13, 2021, 05:17:13 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 10:13:11 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on February 13, 2021, 08:54:54 AM
If I'm honest I've lost all interest this season. Knew it would be a long season so decided to get into the NFL before the season started there and it was so much better. Actually enjoyed it and didn't have my weekends ruined. I wouldn't get your hopes up over the next 4 games. You'll more than likely be disappointed again

Who do you follow Joel?

I'm a Vikings fan, so I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment and subconsciously it's ingrained in me to follow teams that inevitably let me down more often than not! Haha

The Bucs which obviously helps with me enjoying it so much right now haha. It's just caused me to lose a lot of interest in football.

Well done mate, nice win.

The offence gets many of the accolades (especially due to GOAT & Mike Evans), but that D really stood up in the SB, especially Barrett & Devin WHite.

Jules

Quote from: filham on February 14, 2021, 12:39:26 PM
Terrible thought and that alone could mean an early Championship relegation position.
especially if/when we go down, Brentford go up and take our best players  :016:

Tempest

Wolves are not out of danger of being dragged into relegation, they don't have the players for a relegation struggle, as we are finding, it's hard to turn it around.

I know we need to win games but Palace, Wolves and Newcastle are under a lot of pressure.

A point today for us is good. 6 points in next 2 games is essential. It's getting to the fun part now.

Enjoy the ride!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

General

Just a note - but every game should be treated as season defining and should've been since the season started, by everyone at the club - that competitiveness is what makes a team a premiership team.

Jules

Quote from: Tempest on February 14, 2021, 12:47:32 PM
Wolves are not out of danger of being dragged into relegation, they don't have the players for a relegation struggle, as we are finding, it's hard to turn it around.

I know we need to win games but Palace, Wolves and Newcastle are under a lot of pressure.

A point today for us is good. 6 points in next 2 games is essential. It's getting to the fun part now.

Enjoy the ride!

Hmm Wolves look pretty safe now after winning at St Mary's. They are on 30 pts. Not sure we will make 30pts for the season.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Jules on February 14, 2021, 01:56:51 PM
Quote from: Tempest on February 14, 2021, 12:47:32 PM

Enjoy the ride!

Hmm Wolves look pretty safe now after winning at St Mary's. They are on 30 pts. Not sure we will make 30pts for the season.

I'm not sure we'll make 20

SP

What a disastrous afternoon so far, even the much lauded Bees that are taking our place at the top table are currently losing.

ALG01

I have to take the OP to task.

I think the season was defined weeks and weeks ago. Last chance saloon was the transfer window and Tony Khan the owner's son decided for whatever reason to sabotage any remnants of glimmering hope

Since then he seems to be trying to engineer an artificial dispute with the manager which presumably will lead to scott's sacking.

no manager could get enough results without forwards. TK killed the season stone dead, the season was defined weeks ago.

somersetwhite

It was season defining about 6 games ago, move on, Championship next year......

Texas White

Quote from: ALG01 on February 14, 2021, 02:19:48 PM
I have to take the OP to task.

I think the season was defined weeks and weeks ago. Last chance saloon was the transfer window and Tony Khan the owner's son decided for whatever reason to sabotage any remnants of glimmering hope

Since then he seems to be trying to engineer an artificial dispute with the manager which presumably will lead to scott's sacking.

no manager could get enough results without forwards. TK killed the season stone dead, the season was defined weeks ago.

You are quoting second had information and hearsay. No facts. You really think the owners son wants us relegated.... makes no sense

WindyCity

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 13, 2021, 08:37:34 AM
Quote from: WindyCity on February 12, 2021, 04:37:16 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 12, 2021, 02:25:02 PM
We've been saying the next game is season-defining for the last 6 weeks.
We've had our chances and blown them, that's it.

Yep, that's the truth!  I thought the back to back draws v Brighton and WBA were key and very telling, and going into them 'season defining'.  Blown chances.  And the draw v WHU was also yet another blown opportunity.  I think we just have to accept that FFC can't score goals.  Nice and improved defensive posture, but set up right now will only lead to draws as the best outcome.  And now we need wins!  Simple as that.  Can't keep hoping against hope that all the teams around us lose all their games.  It's up to FFC now, and this team needs three-pointers!!!
Yep, that's it.
Crazy how toothless we are in front of goal compared to Fulham sides of old.

FFC does get several good scoring chances in most all of their games.  The challenge/problem/shortcoming is being more "clinical" when those chances arise.

TC's Sporran

to have any chance of staying up,  Fulham need 20 points from the next 4 games......