watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next 4 games season defining

Started by Whitesideup, February 12, 2021, 11:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

This is it. Can we give ourselves a chance of staying up, and how many points would we need from Everton, Burnley, Sheffield Utd and Crystal Palace to do so? I know it may depend on how many points teams around us get, but how about

6 points - bare minimum ?
7 - 8 points - leaves outside chance
9+ points - reason to hope?

3 games in the next 6 days - if they go badly, then that could be it. If they go well, well, the odds are still against us, but players and supporters would have reason to hope. The 9 points plus looks like pie in the sky, but why not? Get some breaks, take some chances, it's not impossible.

FFC1987

I think we need 12 from those to have any glimmer of a chance.

Woolly Mammoth

Minimum 10 but ideally 12. There is no margin for error.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

I think the topic heading is an accurate assessment as the 4 games after those 4 are unlikely to yield any points.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

St Eve

It would also be helpful if Burnley, Newcastle and Brighton don't get any points in their next 4 games

3 Cherries

Our season has already finished - we are toast

Haven't you had enough of all the false hopes and feeling down after underwhelming results?

Wingnut

If we manage to get nine points, then its game on. Cant see us getting nine points though.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

filham

We seem to have been saying all season that we are facing must win games. With Everton and Burnley , grounds where we have terrible records, I really don't want to face facts.
I am just thinking about whether or not we can score a goal and that is almost as depressing.

blingo

We can't rely on other teams dropping points now. It's time for the team to start winning. End of. Carry on losing or drawing and we are toast. It really is that simple so COYW's

Blawarmy

Would be lovely but i fear they've left themselves too much to do!  Brentford replacing us next season and us replacing them the following season is the best I think we can hope for! 

Whitesideup

Quote from: 3 Cherries on February 12, 2021, 01:08:59 PM
Our season has already finished - we are toast

Haven't you had enough of all the false hopes and feeling down after underwhelming results?

Underwhelming results - agreed. But I honestly believe we have had all the luck go against us, that our play deserved more points. And sometimes the margins by which we failed were so fine. We didn't deserve the win against Brighton,  but that final chance from RLC. And again West ham - I'd expect RLC to finish that chance 8 or 9 times out of 10. There were many more points that went begging. I appreciate that they went begging because being clinical in front of goal is a key attribute that we lack, but fine margins. Which probably means you are right, and that most hopes have been extinguished, but it's not yet impossible. in 2008 I thought our goose was cooked - having not won away all season, we needed three on the trot. So I'm not giving up just yet, but these 4 games for me have the potential to bang a big, and final, nail in our coffin.

Lordedmundo

It has to be at least at least 9 points - and that includes not losing at Burnley.

Burnley themselves have two very winnable games in the next four (in addition to our game against them!). So, we cannot afford to lose at Turf Moor - and even a draw is not really acceptable unless we win the other three.

Newcastle also have two winnable games against Wolves and West Brom - but we need to hope they drop points in at least one of those.

FFC In Oz

Realistically might grab a point against Sheffield United.

We've been saying the next game is season-defining for the last 6 weeks.

We've had our chances and blown them, that's it.

WindyCity

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 12, 2021, 02:25:02 PM

Yep, that's the truth!  I thought the back to back draws v Brighton and WBA were key and very telling, and going into them 'season defining'.  Blown chances.  And the draw v WHU was also yet another blown opportunity.  I think we just have to accept that FFC can't score goals.  Nice and improved defensive posture, but set up right now will only lead to draws as the best outcome.  And now we need wins!  Simple as that.  Can't keep hoping against hope that all the teams around us lose all their games.  It's up to FFC now, and this team needs three-pointers!!!

ScalleysDad

I actually think the first four games, league games that is, defined the season and the fifth offered an insight into how out of sorts Mitro was even then. The next four will be key for defining and moulding next season, especially Sheffield U. Any evident lack of commitment then and the player might as well pack his bucket and spade.

Woolly Mammoth

Whatever happens and of course we all hope the team can pull off another great escape, however if realistically it becomes a bridge too far, the important issue is that whether we eventually end up either in the Premier or Championship, it is important to finish the season on a high if we can to give us some kind of launching pad and the feel good factor in winning games, but it also creates good habits, and being successful in football is all about good habits.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

I do love the positive vibe on here...... 👍😉⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FFC In Oz

Quote from: WindyCity on February 12, 2021, 04:37:16 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 12, 2021, 02:25:02 PM

Yep, that's the truth!  I thought the back to back draws v Brighton and WBA were key and very telling, and going into them 'season defining'.  Blown chances.  And the draw v WHU was also yet another blown opportunity.  I think we just have to accept that FFC can't score goals.  Nice and improved defensive posture, but set up right now will only lead to draws as the best outcome.  And now we need wins!  Simple as that.  Can't keep hoping against hope that all the teams around us lose all their games.  It's up to FFC now, and this team needs three-pointers!!!

Yep, that's it.

Crazy how toothless we are in front of goal compared to Fulham sides of old.

JoelH5

If I'm honest I've lost all interest this season. Knew it would be a long season so decided to get into the NFL before the season started there and it was so much better. Actually enjoyed it and didn't have my weekends ruined. I wouldn't get your hopes up over the next 4 games. You'll more than likely be disappointed again
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC In Oz

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 13, 2021, 08:54:54 AM
If I'm honest I've lost all interest this season. Knew it would be a long season so decided to get into the NFL before the season started there and it was so much better. Actually enjoyed it and didn't have my weekends ruined. I wouldn't get your hopes up over the next 4 games. You'll more than likely be disappointed again

Who do you follow Joel?

I'm a Vikings fan, so I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment and subconsciously it's ingrained in me to follow teams that inevitably let me down more often than not! Haha