watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker isn't happy.

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, February 13, 2021, 01:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Agree with many on here. TK is a problem. Also, to say Parker was given the talent on this team, nooooo. The powers that be thought Mitro was the saviour, then he goes off form, injured etc. Fulham was left up s... creek without a paddle.

Parker, with the new players, fixed the defence. Attack.... you cant make a silk purse from a sows ear.  Not Parkers fault.

Some very good forwards were available last summer transfer.  It appears TK wasn't even at the races.

Twig

Quote from: jarv on February 14, 2021, 03:16:14 AM
Agree with many on here. TK is a problem. Also, to say Parker was given the talent on this team, nooooo. The powers that be thought Mitro was the saviour, then he goes off form, injured etc. Fulham was left up s... creek without a paddle.

Parker, with the new players, fixed the defence. Attack.... you cant make a silk purse from a sows ear.  Not Parkers fault.

Some very good forwards were available last summer transfer.  It appears TK wasn't even at the races.

I actually think we ended up with too many defensive players. If you look at our depth in that area we have Ream, MLM, Hector, Kongolo, Bryan, Mawson etc. All in addition to Tosin, Robinson, Aina, Tete and Anderson. And I'm sure I've forgotten someone else!
Meantime we have Mitro and pretty much no alternative up front in the central striking role. Advanced players who, with the exception of BDR, rarely score. Plus a midfield that, with TC injured, is utterly incapable of chipping in with goals.
The squad is imbalanced and that has been our problem in recent seasons, there doesn't appear to be a coherent strategy to our transfer policy.

The Old Count

Quote from: Statto on February 14, 2021, 02:42:29 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 14, 2021, 02:30:13 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on February 13, 2021, 10:31:03 PM
I am 100% thinking that the class is half full, but this feels like the beginning to the end...TK an SP going at it in media will result in one of them leaving... :031: Just hope we can rack up a few wins on the trot so that its TK and not SP...don't think they will both be in their current job come June...

Let's get this correct. You want Shahid Khan to allow the DOF to spend "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players, but you don't want the person spending "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players to be Tony Khan.

No we want Shahid Khan to allow the DOF to spend "Fulham's TV money" on Fulham players and we don't want the person spending "Fulham's TV money" to be Tony Khan

The TV money is paid to the club and The Khans own the club so it is in fact their money.

Statto

Quote from: The Old Count on February 14, 2021, 08:42:56 AM
I am 100% thinking that the class is half full, but this feels like the beginning to the end...TK an SP going at it in media will result in one of them leaving... :031: Just hope we can rack up a few wins on the trot so that its TK and not SP...don't think they will both be in their current job come June...

Let's get this correct. You want Shahid Khan to allow the DOF to spend "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players, but you don't want the person spending "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players to be Tony Khan.

No we want Shahid Khan to allow the DOF to spend "Fulham's TV money" on Fulham players and we don't want the person spending "Fulham's TV money" to be Tony Khan

The TV money is paid to the club and The Khans own the club so it is in fact their money.

Well that is of course why they're allowed to take it from us and pour it down the drain. But what's your point? Are you saying that's OK? If they liquidated the team and ground, sold everything and used the money to buy another yacht for themselves, would you still be on here telling other posters they shouldn't complain because "The Khans own the club so it is in fact their money"?

I'm not sure you've thought this through...

Kylereyo

I think he earned a signing or 2 but RLC and Maja were smart bits of business.

The Old Count

Quote from: Statto on February 14, 2021, 09:41:43 AM

Well that is of course why they're allowed to take it from us and pour it down the drain. But what's your point? Are you saying that's OK? If they liquidated the team and ground, sold everything and used the money to buy another yacht for themselves, would you still be on here telling other posters they shouldn't complain because "The Khans own the club so it is in fact their money"?

I'm not sure you've thought this through...
But they haven't used the money to line their pockets They've used it for what they believe to be in the club's best interest. Whether they've used it wisely is, of course, up for discussion but not deserving of tiresome, childish and inaccurate observations.

Penfold

Quote from: Kylereyo on February 14, 2021, 09:44:26 AM

I wouldn't say RLC is a smart piece of business unless he gets a load of goals and/or assists in the final third of the season. The purpose of signing loanees, in my opinion, is that they have an impact quickly.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Penfold on February 14, 2021, 10:27:36 AM

I wouldn't say RLC is a smart piece of business unless he gets a load of goals and/or assists in the final third of the season. The purpose of signing loanees, in my opinion, is that they have an impact quickly.

You could say that business is always a gamble and from time to time it simply does not work. I suspect many on here, pundits and correspondents thought ' hang on a minute. RLC on loan. Shrewd move'. Despite what some tele pundits say the loan is probably not going how many thought it would. We will never know if there was a plan to rotate RLC with TC or if the former was intended to play behind a No.9, both have some merit, but both of those options have been scuppered by injury and poor form so we are left with a very big square peg for a round hole.

Statto

Quote from: The Old Count on February 14, 2021, 10:15:07 AM
But they haven't used the money to line their pockets They've used it for what they believe to be in the club's best interest. Whether they've used it wisely is, of course, up for discussion but not deserving of tiresome, childish and inaccurate observations.

Well hold on. Are you saying that SK honestly believes that TK is the best DOF in the industry that he could attract to Fulham right now? That TK is there entirely on merit, nothing to do with being SK's son, and even if he wasn't related to him, SK would have put up with the mistakes and Twitter outbursts and not fired him? I don't believe even you actually think that. As such, he's not acting "in the club's best interests" now, is he? He's using the club's resources in an attempt (which thus far has spectacularly failed) to advance his son's career.

Thanks for the insults by the way.

Penfold

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 14, 2021, 10:39:24 AM

You could say that business is always a gamble and from time to time it simply does not work. I suspect many on here, pundits and correspondents thought ' hang on a minute. RLC on loan. Shrewd move'. Despite what some tele pundits say the loan is probably not going how many thought it would. We will never know if there was a plan to rotate RLC with TC or if the former was intended to play behind a No.9, both have some merit, but both of those options have been scuppered by injury and poor form so we are left with a very big square peg for a round hole.

Transfer business will always be a bit of a gamble. However, when you've had a deal not work out having signed someone recovering from a major injury (Mawson), you'd think that you'd be careful taking a similar gamble, albeit only on loan.

ALG01

Quote from: Twig on February 14, 2021, 08:16:33 AM
Quote from: jarv on February 14, 2021, 03:16:14 AM

I actually think we ended up with too many defensive players. If you look at our depth in that area we have Ream, MLM, Hector, Kongolo, Bryan, Mawson etc. All in addition to Tosin, Robinson, Aina, Tete and Anderson. And I'm sure I've forgotten someone else!
Meantime we have Mitro and pretty much no alternative up front in the central striking role. Advanced players who, with the exception of BDR, rarely score. Plus a midfield that, with TC injured, is utterly incapable of chipping in with goals.
The squad is imbalanced and that has been our problem in recent seasons, there doesn't appear to be a coherent strategy to our transfer policy.

I happen to agree. we could have less defenders and still have enough. I am not sure why we pourchased kongolo, he was injured when we got him, still seems to remain so and was spectacularly unimpressive on hios one run out. He was the proof if any was needed that TK is the wrong man and unable to learn from his errors.

ALG01

the purpose of loans is two fold.
first, as an impact player that hits the ground running
OR
Second just for emergency back up

as it is RLC was neither.

Woolly Mammoth

Let's us get this correct. You want SK to allow the D of F to spend TKs inheritance on Fulham player, but do not want the person spending TKs inheritance on Fulhams players to be TK.

Message for the The Rational Fan or is it Tony Khan, I always seem to get the two of you mixed up, I wonder why that is.
For a start it is not TKs inheritance yet assuming he will get any.
In a nutshell Junior Khan has his wrestling business and we all know that as the walls of his house are plasters with posters of men in tights in this Pantomime I mean phoney sport. Plus he is also likes to be known as a Director of Football of Fulham Football Club, as well as his position as Vice Chairman.
Therefore, even if he had the qualifications and background he cannot give Fulham FC his full attention, that is an impossibility.
So on that basis he is falling well short of doing his job as D of F which has been proved time and time again, and at the same time he has sacked 7 managers so far in a short space of time to cover up his own short comings, yes the same 7 he employed. So either he is a very bad judge of a manager in which case he is in the wrong job or he needs a fall guy to camouflage his incompetence, negligence and inefficiency.
Either one or the other.
Further more may I reiterate that because of all his other toys he plays with, he is not giving Fulham FC his full attention as D of F.
What is it they say about the actors I mean men in tights, two falls, two submissions or a knockout.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Penfold on February 14, 2021, 11:00:28 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 14, 2021, 10:39:24 AM

Transfer business will always be a bit of a gamble. However, when you've had a deal not work out having signed someone recovering from a major injury (Mawson), you'd think that you'd be careful taking a similar gamble, albeit only on loan.

True enough and add to that the gamble on a loan has to be worthy of a place in the limited numbers allowed in the first team squad. Football has alas become such a financial monster that even the loans market is big business these days. I suppose you cannot foresee injuries, Anderson for example, but existing/repeat injuries, Kongolo for example, should be a red rag to our DoF. However as it's match day and we want a positive vibe about the place I think our current loans and purchases are leaning towards better than they have been over recent seasons.

simplyfulham

RLC is the exact opposite of smart business.

A significant chunk of our wage bill spent on a player who's already said publicly there is no chance of him signing permanently beyond his loan spell.

A player who has been signed on his past reputation (a good season with Palace in 17-18 and a place at the World Cup 18' with England) without much consideration for where he fits in to our set up and how is serious injury has effected his ability and style.

That's before we get into whether you think he's been any good for us or not this season.

The Rational Fan

Well that is of course why they're allowed to take it from us and pour it down the drain. But what's your point? Are you saying that's OK? If they liquidated the team and ground, sold everything and used the money to buy another yacht for themselves, would you still be on here telling other posters they shouldn't complain because "The Khans own the club so it is in fact their money"? I'm not sure you've thought this through...

I was specifically referring to the spending of Tony Khan's Inheritance outside the Fulham FC Books, being transferred from Shahid Khan to Fulham FC to buy players, when I said "You want Shahid Khan to allow the DOF to spend "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players, but you don't want the person spending "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players to be Tony Khan".

I would point out only 45.8% of 2017-18 spending was FFCs, the rest was Tony Khan's inheritance moved into the club and if we didn't get a promotion that year we could have been pretty much washed up, no different to Hull. Tony Khan's inheritance got us those extra players that allowed Slavisa to win a playoff promotion, and more TV money.

While quite a lot of owners like ManUtd take money out of the club, I am only saying leaving Fulham FC money in Fulham and Tony Khan's inheritance where it is, would be enough to ruin the chance of Fulham. Only a world-class DOF that is dirty cheap (i.e. no one knows he's world class) could be better than "TK without access to TK's inheritance". I have no reason to believe the Khan's could recognize a genius DOF before other clubs did and quite confident they couldn't.

Let's start with Fulham's 2017-18 Season, which was critical to getting TV money. In that season Fulham Football Club spent £83.5M, where £45.2M (54.2%) was from the Khan's Bank Accounts, £21.7M (25.9%) was the TV money in the final year of parachute payments, and £16.7M (20.3%) from all other sources of income (gates, sponsors etc).

A DOF that only spend Fulham FC money would have only had £38.3M in 2017/18 to get promoted and the new DOF would have had to spend the money at least twice as well to get promoted, which is almost impossible given contracts like Tom Cairney's and Tim Ream's carryover from previous years.

Assuming the new DOF didn't get us promoted with TK'S inheritance, the TV money would have decreased to around £8M, so total non-player sales revenue would be below £25.7M plus whatever we could sell Ryan Sessegnon for. Basically, another DOF without TK's inheritance is in the same position a Nottingham Forest.

Hence, it's somewhat unlikely that any DOF could have done better than Tony Khan as DOF without getting money from Tony Khan's non-Fulham inheritance. I would frankly prefer to have "Frank Spencer" from "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" as DOF than have Malcolm McDonald as DOF without parachute payments or Tony Khan's inheritance to spend.

Professional Football is about money, Tony Khan's non-Fulham inheritance is key. In fact, if FFP was overturned, Tony Khan's inheritance is sufficient to allow a DOF like him to win the Premier League and Champions League too. People that say you cannot build a team using statistics alone, but give me the most expensive player in every position, plus the best reserves with the most succesful coach and we will win game after game.

Does anyone seriously think we would be where we are today without SK's and TK's money injected into the Club? FFC doesn't have the money required to compete, TK may be a problem, but without him and his money, I really doubt there is a solution. If anyone wants to invest £200m+ in a London Club, then they have QPR, Charlton, or Milwall, but those clubs are unwanted; we could easily end up unwanted too, so I conclude The Khan's are probably our only hope.

For those of you that hope that Shahid Khan will: i) sack Tony Khan, ii) then appoint a better DOF, iii) then deposits TK's inheritance into Fulham Football Club, and iv) then we achieve success; need to realise there are thousands of other possibilities most of them pretty bad and worse than our current YO-YO positioning with TK as DOF.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 16, 2021, 01:37:27 AM

Well that is of course why they're allowed to take it from us and pour it down the drain. But what's your point? Are you saying that's OK? If they liquidated the team and ground, sold everything and used the money to buy another yacht for themselves, would you still be on here telling other posters they shouldn't complain because "The Khans own the club so it is in fact their money"? I'm not sure you've thought this through...

I was specifically referring to the spending of Tony Khan's Inheritance outside the Fulham FC Books, being transferred from Shahid Khan to Fulham FC to buy players, when I said "You want Shahid Khan to allow the DOF to spend "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players, but you don't want the person spending "Tony Khan's Inheritance" on Fulham players to be Tony Khan".

I would point out only 45.8% of 2017-18 spending was FFCs, the rest was Tony Khan's inheritance moved into the club and if we didn't get a promotion that year we could have been pretty much washed up, no different to Hull. Tony Khan's inheritance got us those extra players that allowed Slavisa to win a playoff promotion, and more TV money.

While quite a lot of owners like ManUtd take money out of the club, I am only saying leaving Fulham FC money in Fulham and Tony Khan's inheritance where it is, would be enough to ruin the chance of Fulham. Only a world-class DOF that is dirty cheap (i.e. no one knows he's world class) could be better than "TK without access to TK's inheritance". I have no reason to believe the Khan's could recognize a genius DOF before other clubs did and quite confident they couldn't.

Let's start with Fulham's 2017-18 Season, which was critical to getting TV money. In that season Fulham Football Club spent £83.5M, where £45.2M (54.2%) was from the Khan's Bank Accounts, £21.7M (25.9%) was the TV money in the final year of parachute payments, and £16.7M (20.3%) from all other sources of income (gates, sponsors etc).

A DOF that only spend Fulham FC money would have only had £38.3M in 2017/18 to get promoted and the new DOF would have had to spend the money at least twice as well to get promoted, which is almost impossible given contracts like Tom Cairney's and Tim Ream's carryover from previous years.

Assuming the new DOF didn't get us promoted with TK'S inheritance, the TV money would have decreased to around £8M, so total non-player sales revenue would be below £25.7M plus whatever we could sell Ryan Sessegnon for. Basically, another DOF without TK's inheritance is in the same position a Nottingham Forest.

Hence, it's somewhat unlikely that any DOF could have done better than Tony Khan as DOF without getting money from Tony Khan's non-Fulham inheritance. I would frankly prefer to have "Frank Spencer" from "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" as DOF than have Malcolm McDonald as DOF without parachute payments or Tony Khan's inheritance to spend.

Professional Football is about money, Tony Khan's non-Fulham inheritance is key. In fact, if FFP was overturned, Tony Khan's inheritance is sufficient to allow a DOF like him to win the Premier League and Champions League too. People that say you cannot build a team using statistics alone, but give me the most expensive player in every position, plus the best reserves with the most succesful coach and we will win game after game.

Does anyone seriously think we would be where we are today without SK's and TK's money injected into the Club? FFC doesn't have the money required to compete, TK may be a problem, but without him and his money, I really doubt there is a solution. If anyone wants to invest £200m+ in a London Club, then they have QPR, Charlton, or Milwall, but those clubs are unwanted; we could easily end up unwanted too, so I conclude The Khan's are probably our only hope.

For those of you that hope that Shahid Khan will: i) sack Tony Khan, ii) then appoint a better DOF, iii) then deposits TK's inheritance into Fulham Football Club, and iv) then we achieve success; need to realise there are thousands of other possibilities most of them pretty bad and worse than our current YO-YO positioning with TK as DOF.

I note that you mentioned the word inheritance at least 13 times which is cause for concern.
When did you become familiar and party to the contents of Shahid Khans Will.
Inheritance as defined in the English, Oxford, Collins Dictionary includes among other salient points, inheriting the characteristics of your ancestors. Well for me TK does not possess the same characteristics of his father, and I expect his father is also aware of that.
Nevertheless, assuming for one moment you are not TK, in your efforts to promote Junior Khan you may have overlooked the fact that leaving Fulham in the hands of a novice part time D of F who is only in the position due to nepotism clearly is an error of judgement of Biblical Proportions, and that alone destroys your campaign of trying to promote TK as though it was the second coming of Jesus, therefore may I suggest you go back and reflect on the contents of your statement and amend it accordingly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Please explain to me then why MAF was perfectly happy to invest part of his rather more modest fortune in our club, including his kids' "inheritances" without any of them being appointed as DoF.
Your constant harping about TK's right to do an amateur DoF job just because his father bought the club is arrant nonsense, otherwise we would have many, many amateur DoFs through the entire football league trying to protect the spend of their Father's hard earned.

Statto

Let's start with Fulham's 2017-18 Season, which was critical to getting TV money. In that season Fulham Football Club spent £83.5M, where £45.2M (54.2%) was from the Khan's Bank Accounts

Well FFP limits the owner's contribution to £13m in a Championship season, even you know that, so these figures are clearly nonsense...

Penfold

Quote from: Twig on February 16, 2021, 07:25:34 AM

Please explain to me then why MAF was perfectly happy to invest part of his rather more modest fortune in our club, including his kids' "inheritances" without any of them being appointed as DoF.
Your constant harping about TK's right to do an amateur DoF job just because his father bought the club is arrant nonsense, otherwise we would have many, many amateur DoFs through the entire football league trying to protect the spend of their Father's hard earned.

Exactly. Shahid Khan also has a daughter. Should she have a say how Fulham is run as it might affect her inheritance? Or even Mrs Khan for that matter.