Main Menu

I think we know

Started by 70sPimlico, February 14, 2021, 07:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

what this game has written all over it.

Change history boys...please

Jimsbeerbelly

A Josh King winner after coming off the bench on 72 minutes, as Fulham fail to capstailse once again.

colinwhite

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on February 14, 2021, 07:39:29 PM
A Josh King winner after coming off the bench on 72 minutes, as Fulham fail to capstailse once again.

oh for christs sake we have dominated and thats all youve got ? poor

70sPimlico

Quote from: colinwhite on February 14, 2021, 07:49:55 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on February 14, 2021, 07:39:29 PM

oh for christs sake we have dominated and thats all youve got ? poor
I'm going to defend him as I pretty much set him up and I'm sure it wasn't the usual doom and gloom, just a gallows humour old fashioned Fulham quip, which is what the post intended.

colinwhite

ok fair enough no offence meant to anyone

Dunstable Fulham

We have to capitalise when we are on top in games. I'm sure Everton won't be as bad in the second half. If I had to put my money on King scoring the winner for Everton or anyone of our boys getting the winner for us I know where I would put my money.

Having said all that the quality of our football has been good and we have created some decent openings.

70sPimlico

Couple of things.

I don't want to state the bleeding obvious but we are very often guilty of (in the final 3rd) having a pass on, but taking a shorter pass, then getting it back, only to make the pass that we could/should have made 40 secs before.

At the back I get it, we're creating space but attacking wise, we just let the defence settle and we really try for the well made chance, we rarely get a lucky break because someone wasn't ready. But, other teams do it to us all the time.

and the other thing...why, when a player makes a tackle but the guy with the ball falls down, is it always a free kick...apart from when it happens to a Fulham player?

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 14, 2021, 07:56:54 PM
Couple of things.

I don't want to state the bleeding obvious but we are very often guilty of (in the final 3rd) having a pass on, but taking a shorter pass, then getting it back, only to make the pass that we could/should have made 40 secs before.

At the back I get it, we're creating space but attacking wise, we just let the defence settle and we really try for the well made chance, we rarely get a lucky break because someone wasn't ready. But, other teams do it to us all the time.

and the other thing...why, when a player makes a tackle but the guy with the ball falls down, is it always a free kick...apart from when it happens to a Fulham player?
You are correct in all you say. I also think we are so much quicker  going forward when Anguissa isn't playing. Not slating him or anything, just a brief observation from this and the West Ham game