watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stand up if you Still Believe

Started by 70sPimlico, February 14, 2021, 09:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

I know us rose tinted Fulham fans get pretty outnumbered on here but my that felt good

ChesterTheTabby

Standing until it can't be mathematically accomplished. Why support otherwise?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Fulham Tup North

Massive game v Burnley this week.... although tbf they are ALL massive....
COYW 👍⚽️⚽️😉
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Statto

Genuinely in two minds now... invest some hope in the possibility that we stay up, with the likelihood that it will prolong the pain... or accept relegation despite a fantastic result and small chance it's the chance of something special...

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Statto on February 14, 2021, 09:07:21 PM
Genuinely in two minds now... invest some hope in the possibility that we stay up, with the likelihood that it will prolong the pain... or accept relegation despite a fantastic result and small chance it's the chance of something special...

Yep.

Then next game is massive. Absolutely massive.

General

Everyone wants the guys to stay up but it's look increasingly unlikely as the games kept coming and going and we didn't get any extra points past the usual. It was great to get the win, but we've won before and then gone back to drawing.

Today's game was a glimpse of the fight and tenacity we've be desperately in need of, players hassled and harried everton.

That being said though, we shouldn't get carried away and it would be naive to do, despite our dominant performance - we A) need to up it still to take away the issue of chance of us 'not getting the luck', B) need to seriously take into consideration the fact that Everton played a very long and tough game against tottenham and C) rested their two main CB's.

That's not to take away from the performance, we deserved the win and the team turned up - it's a relief to see us having won and also promising that Maja scored simple goals - but we need to move forward from this and make it count. We've got three big games coming up which if we continue to get wins can make a huge difference for us, but we can't let up after one win - we HAVE to keep up the aggression and keep converting our chances.

Andyb

Fulham newcastle last game will be the decider

Woolly Mammoth

This has to be almost the perfect all round team performance. History was made today with our first League win at Everton and how could anybody have any doubts we couldn't do it. We actually played Everton off the park for 90 minutes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Andyb on February 14, 2021, 09:11:12 PM
Fulham newcastle last game will be the decider

I'd take that. I think we have their number. It's just a case of whether we can close that gap.

blingo

Quote from: General on February 14, 2021, 09:08:37 PM

Everyone wants the guys to stay up but it's look increasingly unlikely as the games kept coming and going and we didn't get any extra points past the usual. It was great to get the win, but we've won before and then gone back to drawing.

Today's game was a glimpse of the fight and tenacity we've be desperately in need of, players hassled and harried everton.

That being said though, we shouldn't get carried away and it would be naive to do, despite our dominant performance - we A) need to up it still to take away the issue of chance of us 'not getting the luck', B) need to seriously take into consideration the fact that Everton played a very long and tough game against tottenham and C) rested their two main CB's.

That's not to take away from the performance, we deserved the win and the team turned up - it's a relief to see us having won and also promising that Maja scored simple goals - but we need to move forward from this and make it count. We've got three big games coming up which if we continue to get wins can make a huge difference for us, but we can't let up after one win - we HAVE to keep up the aggression and keep converting our chances.

+1 Agree with all you've written

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

SouthIslandWhite

We have a sliver of hope, but it's hope.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

SuffolkWhite

Said ages ago it will go to the wire, still believe that, the Newcastle game could be our play off final!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

clarkey

Pick that team Scotty, play like that boys and Maja score the goals and we are standing all the way back up the league.

filham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 14, 2021, 09:08:26 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 14, 2021, 09:07:21 PM

Yep.

Then next game is massive. Absolutely massive.
I have but one thing on my mind, more of the same please. We were magnificent against a team tipped for a European place on a ground we have never won a league match on.

Woolly Mammoth

This is cause for celebration, whose round is it 🍺
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bigalffc

Believing till it's mathematically impossible always did always will
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Logicalman

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on February 14, 2021, 09:02:16 PM
Standing until it can't be mathematically accomplished. Why support otherwise?

Exactly. We can still believe in our hearts, even if our heads tell us it's diminishing.

#StillBelieving
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.