https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ManU now chasing Briggs?

Started by cebu, December 12, 2010, 01:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cebu

This was in Sporting Life:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/index_wk.html

But they were quoting the News Of the World, so ...

WhiteJC

if we get anywhere near £10, as we did for Smalling, then I'd be happy to let him go, wouldn't you?

PokerMatt

Finally MAF's "Manchester United of the south" statement starts to make sense.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

cebu

I think MAF would settle for less than 10m.

JBH

If we can mug Fergie for another £10 mil I would be very happy.  :beer:

Fluf

If that's all we are about (money) fof then we are not worthy to keep our graduate

JBH

Quote from: Fluf on December 12, 2010, 03:23:05 PM
If that's all we are about (money) fof then we are not worthy to keep our graduate

Get real do you really think we can hold onto Briggs if the Mancs come in for him?

Wake up and smell the Greenbacks  :doh:

FC Silver Fox

Curious that this story comes just 2 days after my post about Matthew Briggs.    :001:
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

cebu

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 12, 2010, 05:08:14 PM
Curious that this story comes just 2 days after my post about Matthew Briggs.    :001:

Hmmmm, secret journo for the News of the World?   :hook:

Burt

Trouble is they are buying on the basis of potential rather than track record...

Same with Smalling.

And last match I saw Smalling (the league cup tie v. WHU) he was not looking anything like a £10m+ player.

Its a tricky one. On the one hand, who really wouldn't take the money if it was offered? On the other hand, it would be great to see some of the development squad bubble up in to the first team and we get some new blood in there, who go on to grow with the club.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: JBH on December 12, 2010, 03:28:23 PM
Quote from: Fluf on December 12, 2010, 03:23:05 PM

Get real do you really think we can hold onto Briggs if the Mancs come in for him?

Wake up and smell the Greenbacks  :doh:

we are in a bit of a state at the moment so potential won't cut it,people who can put the ball in the net NOW will,so if we can sell the former and buy the later,we as a team in the premier league will have some sort of future,and that's the only thing that matters when it comes down to it.

LBNo11

...absolute tosh, surely sir red nose would know that at 19 he is far too young, it would shatter his confidence. Give him another 6 months and then buy him before he peaks... :025:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Motown

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 12, 2010, 06:10:04 PM
...absolute tosh, surely sir red nose would know that at 19 he is far too young, it would shatter his confidence. Give him another 6 months and then buy him before he peaks... :025:
May I remind you it's not Red Nose but Plum Chops when you refer to the Mancs' boss of bosses?  :dft003: