watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pressing is the Key!

Started by VamosFFC, February 14, 2021, 09:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VamosFFC

Tonight we played superbly, and I think a big part of that was our eagerness to press Everton every time they had possession. Everyone tonight played their part in pressing at every chance. I think if we can keep this up and press every team we play, it may well give us a good chance to win games.

Also, hats off to Reed! He's been the engine in midfield that chases everything down. The whole team was MoTM tonight, but Reed is quickly becoming my favorite player at the moment.

hovewhite

Reed set the tempo tonight from the first ball and the team followed pressed from the front to the back.

Woolly Mammoth

Agreed, we hunted in packs, but also if we lost the ball we won it back almost immediately, and because of that Everton found it difficult to string many passes together and we pressured them into errors including unforced errors. But even when they did get into our third of the pitch, because we had so much depth in defence we were able to delay Everton long enough for our midfield to get goal side. Therefore forcing Everton to put in the early cross which was meat and drink to our defenders.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Finnans Right Peg

Think we have pressed well most of the season .The big difference today was Maja's movement in the box to score the goals