watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Colds and Flu

Started by Holders, February 15, 2021, 12:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Prompted by thinking how Mitro might have caught Covid, I was wondering how many people on here have had, or know anyone who's had, a cold or flu this winter.

One would imagine that the numbers will be pretty well zero as the same social distancing/mask wearing protocols should have eliminated them especially as Covid is particularly (more) infectious.

If I caught a cold I'd come to the conclusion that I must have been careless at some point and thus also exposed myself to Covid.

Jab booked for Saturday!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Kylereyo

lookin forward to gettin a pre-game pint down by the river when this shiv is over  :beer:

Holders

But do you know anyone who's had a cold?

Andy S

I was talking with my family just the other day and nobody has caught a cold this winter. Masks could be here to stay

cmg

Quote from: Holders on February 15, 2021, 12:44:53 PM
But do you know anyone who's had a cold?

I know someone who has got one.
He would be willing to sell it to you for 2.5 Bitcoins...or a PapaJohns Pizza.

blingo

Colds and flu seem to have magically disappeared along with non urgent ops, Doctors appointments and just about every other ailment that has nothing to do with covid. It's really rather sad that we have to vaccinate so many people over a virus with a 99.7% survival rate.

Holders

My primary thought was that if people are protecting properly against Covid then no-one should have caught a cold or flu. If anyone has, then it shows that they might have caught something much worse.

I remember saying to the nurse who gave me the flu jab this year (the first time I've bothered) that no-one should get it anyway.

Not suggesting that masks should be here to stay other than voluntarily but it illustrates a point.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: blingo on February 15, 2021, 12:56:09 PM
Colds and flu seem to have magically disappeared along with non urgent ops, Doctors appointments and just about every other ailment that has nothing to do with covid. It's really rather sad that we have to vaccinate so many people over a virus with a 99.7% survival rate.
This exactly

MikeTheCubed

Flu has disappeared off the face of the earth because people have worn masks and socially distanced.

But Covid cases skyrocketed because people refused to wear masks and socially distance.

:022:

Riversider

Flu is still here, in fact it's a particularly bad flu season, it's just that they are not calling it  flu this year they've given it another name, now what was it 🤔

_Putney_

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 15, 2021, 01:12:12 PM
Flu has disappeared off the face of the earth because people have worn masks and socially distanced.

But Covid cases skyrocketed because people refused to wear masks and socially distance.

:022:

LOL

Statto

Funny also that no one dies of old age anymore. We must have eradicated that in 2020 too.

Holders

This is getting rather off the point.

Has anyone had, or know anyone who's had a cold? Genuine question.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Holders on February 15, 2021, 01:38:09 PM

No

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Holders on February 15, 2021, 01:38:09 PM

I had a cold in September, only time I'd been ill in the whole of 2020. Was probably one of the worst colds I've ever had but only lasted 2 days.

blingo

not this side, they've all suddenly become immune

filham

Quote from: Andy S on February 15, 2021, 12:52:57 PM
I was talking with my family just the other day and nobody has caught a cold this winter. Masks could be here to stay
Keeping out of those busy shops at Christmas time will have helped reduce the colds and flu. Make no mistake colds are not caught by going out in bad weather but more by going into hot crowded places.