watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Positives Are You Able To Take?

Started by White Noise, December 11, 2010, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

From that game and our overall situation at present?

finnster01

As hard as I try, the only thing I can come up with is 45 mins of good football and another great performance by H&H (Hughes in particular)
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

VicHalomsLovechild

EJ and AJ thought there was the beginning of something there this afternoon.

SmithyFFC

Murphy played his best game of the season, Hughes and Hangeland were terrific, Pantsil played well, AJ looked sharp, Clint was good second half, Gera was creative and Davies actaully turned and ran forward! Also thought Schwarzer looked back to his commanding best.

When we get that lucky break, we'll shot up the table.
FTID

michaelread

last time I fell asleep during a match we scored 4 against Juventus at 5am in the morning and I didnt talk for a week.

This time? I woke up in the 94th with the score still 0 - 0

At least I didnt miss anything.

Mr_Moon

Another clean sheet today

Conceeded 9 goals in 8 away games

Lighthouse

The positives are -

AJ looked sharper and maybe we only need a forward to help him after all.

Hughes is terrific.

Davies works hard.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Dempsey looked good and should have had a couple goals.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

We seem to have sorted out the defense. Schwarzer could have played in an organdy gown and not gotten a wrinkle. AJ and EJ looked better. Hopefully, Kamara has lost his key to Craven Cottage and will never be seen again.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

The previously bearded special one one that sits next to me brought his new iPad in and now i'm tempted to buy one.

Was there a football match on as well?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

BalDrick

We're being linked with a keeper who'll cost more than we've ever spent on that position before, which could imply we'll be spending big elsewhere too.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

LBNo11

... :022:  :023:  :024: the new TOOFIF was on sale..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ImperialWhite

The chant:

All we are saying, is give us a goal! (to the tune of Give Peace A Chance, obviously)

Genius. Pity it didn't really catch on outside of the back of H5.

White Noise

Quote from: BalDrick on December 13, 2010, 10:19:51 AM
We're being linked with a keeper who'll cost more than we've ever spent on that position before, which could imply we'll be spending big elsewhere too.

I think so. Though we have not spent much in the last two years or so and are probably in credit on transfer expenditure over that period there have been signs that MAF was willing to spend biggish on the right player/s. Under RH we were being linked with increasingly high quality players at each transfer window. In the Summer the players rumoured to be joining us were the highest quality (and value) we have probably ever been linked with - though how realistic many of them were is arguable.

What type of players do you think Hughes will predominantly go for -

1) Canny buys of proven and experienced players like Salcido and Dembele
2) Players he has worked with before like Ireland, Santa Cruz and Wright-Philips
3) Young unproven players who may come good in their first season or two
4) Big physical players that no-one has ever heard of
5) Quality players like Duff who are past their peak but still have something to bring

BalDrick

1. Yep, think that's our budget level - we're still a selling club at the end of the day
2. Depends if they'll take a (probably severe) wage cut
3. Requires a lot of scouting, but more in line with our budgetary requirements
4. Hope not
5. Not convinced of the economics of these purchases - we end up not being able to get shot of them after they've completely lost anything they had - Duff, Murphy, AJ - and they still have a few years left on their contract.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Staffs White

Wasn't at the game and haven't seen the highlights yet but we didn't lose and we are not in the bottom 3

The transfer window opens in a couple of weeks so we can strenghten the squad.