watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't blame Areloa for the Burnley Goal

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 17, 2021, 08:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Blame the defence totally, but I see a couple of folk saying Areola messed up.

No.

The Burnly player totally miscontrolled the ball pretty badly, and Areola was totally thrown by this (as was the Burnly player, almost).

But the defense on that was terrible.

Tabby

Tosin lost out to an easy dummy and Andersen completely lost his man. Barnes had acres of space.

RaySmith

But Aina gave it away first, further up the pitch, enabled them to hit the long ball and break when we wee committed  to attack.

Classic error though, of , turning off defensively after scoring.

But, to be fair, they missed quite a few good chances.

ChesterTheTabby

It was one of those where our defense almost seemed to play nonchalantly like they couldn't be beaten at that point... and we paid the price. Tosin should never have let it happen and Andersen rarely out of place...but he also didn't expect Tosin so be undone so easily. It happens I suppose...but a costly one.

Overall, a 1-1 draw was fair...despite their play acting and flopping about. 

The whole team turned off briefly after scoring - that was a team mistake, hard to blame anyone directly it would seem.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

Never thought Areola was to blame, Aina was the main culprit but we then totally failed to have any cover in place.

MikeCdawg

If anyone was to blame for the goal, it was tosin for getting sucked in. Andersen didn't expect tosin to get rolled so he was slightly out of position

FFC In Oz

Absolutely Tosin's error.

I have no idea what he was thinking on the halfway line, a metre in from touch and trying to overcommit and Rodriguez turned him easily.

Zero need to try and make the challenge, just keep your feet, hold your ground and he'll pass backwards he's out on half way FFS.