watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So who did play well?

Started by Lambo, February 18, 2021, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lambo

So many posts about who did not play well last night indeed I think nearly half the team has been mentioned. We got a 1-1 draw against a team who in recent weeks have beaten Liverpool and Crystal Palace away and Aston Villa at Home.

So someone must have played well?

FFC In Oz

Tete was our best player IMO.

No idea why Scotty subbed him off.

Maja was OK given he had zero service.

I think the rest of the team looked like they were struggling a little bit, which is probably due to fixture congestion and the combative style Burnley were playing

davew

Overall our defence played well, not sure I can say the same for our midfield and attacking players.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jim©

Tete looked like he could barely run just before he got subbed off. Thought it was a good sub.
Cav did really well when he came on, back four, bar the one Tosin error were excellent in the air as they have been for some time now.

Maja showed a few little bits of great movement and quick feet, I'm liking the way he's looking.

RLC is the disappointment still for me. I'd start Cav over him on Saturday.

Reed was his usual busy self.

What you can't really say about this team is that they don't have a good load of spirit. 4 points from those two games is more than we've ever got in our history from those two fixtures (well for 70 years at least), all whilst under pressure. One defeat in 9 away games, if only we'd turned one or two of those into 3 points, we'd be fine by now.

colinwhite

Tete looked kanckered even in the first half. probably not used to playing matches so close together

Milo

Reed
Tete
Aina
Maja
Anderson
Cav - surely starts next game?

Mullers OG

Cavaleiro was excellent after coming on and having the opportunity to play in his right position for once. Apart from one calamity the defence was ok. Bit punchless up front and the midfield looked tired.

Having said that this is a team up for the fight. Grinding out draws at places like Turf Moor seriously hard work. Compared to our last Premier team this lot are miles better. I just hope we will have an opportunity to see Areola, Andersen et al in a full season at the Cottage. 

FFC1987

They had significant injuries compared to those results so I think we played enough to compete, not enough to win a game we definitely could of done with winning.

WindyCity

<<So who did play well?>>

Simply put, in a word......Nobody

I thought Reed and Tete had a fairly good game.  However, the entire team, including even them at times, was just terrible with poor passes and easy giveaways.  That was my biggest critique about the game.  A total disconnect from the previous game played. 

perry geyton

Statto

Tete watched the goal we conceded unfold in front of him. Stopped and claimed offside (wrongly) allowing Barnes to run free. He had a good game otherwise but that was an egregious error IMO.

Don't really think anyone played well. It was a poor game against a poor team and we never really got going.

I thought Reid looked lively at times. Respectable performances from Aina, Reed, Maja and the subs. Can't be anymore positive about anyone than that sorry.

scotto2000

Quote from: Statto on February 18, 2021, 04:33:41 PM
Tete watched the goal we conceded unfold in front of him. Stopped and claimed offside (wrongly) allowing Barnes to run free. He had a good game otherwise but that was an egregious error IMO.

Don't really think anyone played well. It was a poor game against a poor team and we never really got going.

I thought Reid looked lively at times. Respectable performances from Aina, Reed, Maja and the subs. Can't be anymore positive about anyone than that sorry.
I agree about Tete stopping. If he had kept going he just might have been able to pounce on Barnes's initial poor control

filham

Quote from: davew on February 18, 2021, 12:57:39 PM
Overall our defence played well, not sure I can say the same for our midfield and attacking players.
Burnley stifled us, the whole team did well to stay in the match and come home with a point.

millsy

Particularly disappointing performances from Lemina and RLC, which meant no link-up play, nor flowing moves forward. I think this caused Maja and Lookman to be reduced to fighting for scraps and chasing long balls, which Burnley's defence gobbled up effortlessly.

We need a creative midfielder. When is TC back?