watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Out of interest

Started by Fulham 442, February 18, 2021, 11:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

I know that Scott Parker has played for a number of clubs during his career but does anyone know which team he actually supports?

filham

Right now Fulham but in a few seasons when West Ham or Spurs poach him his allegiance will switch to them.

Fulham 442

But you can change your job in football but not your allegiance. I'm just curious to know what Scott's is. I'm presuming it will be a London team as he was born in Lambeth...

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 18, 2021, 06:31:15 PM
But you can change your job in football but not your allegiance. I'm just curious to know what Scott's is. I'm presuming it will be a London team as he was born in Lambeth...

It's probably Fulham at this point... but if not us I would like to hear him say Charlton. Good, old fashioned club them.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on February 18, 2021, 11:03:48 PM

It's probably Fulham at this point... but if not us I would like to hear him say Charlton. Good, old fashioned club them.
First team he signed for... so possible....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Andy S

Not Brentford?

In all honesty as a player or a  manager you support the club you are with. They pay your wages after all

love4ffc

I have no doubt that Parker has Fulham's best interest at heart.  Though, I thought I read somewhere not long ago that he grew up supporting West Ham  :023:  I could be completely wrong and probably are  :dft001:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

I grew up in Lambeth and my family supported Palace, in Croydon, the  nearest club, which most  round that area supported.
Millwall, not in Lambeth, is also near.

But living in London, you can support anyone.

He must have had a favourite team as a a boy, probably went  to games with his  dad.

He could have a Charlton connection, since that was the first team he played for. I had an uncle who supported them, and he took me to the Valley a couple of times.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I like to think he is a Millwall fan, but hides it well :-D

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: love4ffc on February 18, 2021, 11:41:54 PM
I have no doubt that Parker has Fulham's best interest at heart.  Though, I thought I read somewhere not long ago that he grew up supporting West Ham  :023:  I could be completely wrong and probably are  :dft001:

I'd believe this, too.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulham 442

Quote from: love4ffc on February 18, 2021, 11:41:54 PM
Parker definitely has Fulham's best interests at heart atm as he will be judged as a manager by how well we do.  Staying up this season will be a massive feather in his cap.  As far as which team he supports I had a feeling, with no grounds or information at all, that he is a West Ham fan.

Dr Know

As a kid Parker was a Spurs fan !

alfie

You can change I did, I was an ardent Arsenal supporter, until I started working for Fulham, the club just grew on me, so now I am a Fulham supporter and an Arsenal follower.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham 442

Quote from: alfie on February 19, 2021, 09:04:09 AM
You can change I did, I was an ardent Arsenal supporter, until I started working for Fulham, the club just grew on me, so now I am a Fulham supporter and an Arsenal follower.

I would say you are in the minority there Alfie, especially switching in adulthood...

alfie

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 19, 2021, 11:39:12 AM
Quote from: alfie on February 19, 2021, 09:04:09 AM

I would say you are in the minority there Alfie, especially switching in adulthood...
It's hard to explain, it wasn't a conscious decision, Fulham results just started to mean more to me, probably because I was seeing them every day. I do realise that for some this is wrong, but it's been said on many occasions on all subjects, you have no control over your feelings. Arsenal will always be with me, just a tad behind Fulham now.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

3 Cherries

Quote from: RaySmith on February 18, 2021, 11:46:58 PM
I grew up in Lambeth and my family supported Palace, in Croydon, the  nearest club, which most  round that area supported.
Millwall, not in Lambeth, is also near.

But living in London, you can support anyone.

He must have had a favourite team as a a boy, probably went  to games with his  dad.

He could have a Charlton connection, since that was the first team he played for. I had an uncle who supported them, and he took me to the Valley a couple of times.

Lambeth is a large borough - I was raised in Clapham SW4 where we would often walk to Battersea Park for a swim in the boating lake - on our estate you had to choose Fulham or Chelsea - although at my Boyz school b'coz we were so crap at singing hymns the headteacher made us sing: forever blowing bubbles (Chelsea version) at assembly   - Palace/Croydon was never considered London (still isn't in my eyes :005:) - the suburbs and all that - Scotty dresses up like a Mod so maybe he's a closeted Chelsea Boy...