Main Menu

for 40+ points we need...

Started by WhiteJC, December 12, 2010, 11:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

...to get 4 points from every 3 games we play until the end of the season

on current form we're not going to do it

drawing games at home and loosing away is relegation form

yesterday Sunderland were just about the worst team I've seen at the Cottage, and getting a point flattered us!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 12, 2010, 11:26:18 AM

yesterday Sunderland were just about the worst team I've seen at the Cottage, and getting a point flattered us!

I don't think that anyone would argue that if we continue to play as poorly as we are, we will get relegated

SmithyFFC

All we need is one scrappy 1-0 win and suddenley the confidence comes flooding back, new players in January and everything looks ok. Thought we played well in patches yesterday, when we get a lucky break things will turn.

Keep the faith.  :54:
FTID

ScalleysDad

The same was being said after Everton, who were mostly still on the coach, Brum, who were as impotent as us up front and their centre backs were a bigger threat, Villa where we got lucky and now yesterdays fare. Add  to those the points we could have taken if we had taken the games to Chelsea, West Brom and Newcastle who on the day were equally lacklustre only to come out of it with points. Lots of comment this morning on tactics, Hughs, lack of form etc but the bottom line is that it is all getting oh so predictable. Some of the clearances yesterday, especially Hangers, were Sunday League stuff. Wheres the control gone ?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

How right you are ........but our defence has been compramised and that is the really worrying thing .....
I do not think Salcido is good enough, yes, yes  I know !!!he played for PSV.  He gets turned every game,  it's frightening !!  Mark Hughes plays him because he brought him in,  I do not agree with the notion that we have not see the best of him, he will be 32 in March and if he has not learned how to stay with his man , he is not going to learn now. 
For several games Hangeland has been flakey and I believe that is because he cannot trust the man to his left. It is trust that builds a great back four, that has been lost  ...............
Dixon need to be ditched and he need to stop mouthing off in the Evening Bog-Standard and get down to it ................

.....................................And our supporters Booing must be doing wonders for the team
God another Spring of will -we,  won't -we........oh joy !!!

Tom

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 12, 2010, 12:03:21 PM
All we need is one scrappy 1-0 win and suddenley the confidence comes flooding back, new players in January and everything looks ok. Thought we played well in patches yesterday, when we get a lucky break things will turn.

Keep the faith.  :54:
+1
Fulham for life!

Burt

The main thing is to get the old home form back on track.

Its normally the bedrock of our season, but it ain't happening so far.

I'm sure it will all come good.

Keep the faith!

HatterDon

With all due respect for your opinions on here, how on God's green earth did "getting a point flatter us?" When was it that we EVER looked like losing? The thing that makes this result so frustrating is that there was only one team in it who ever caused their opponent's keeper to break a sweat. I know it's getting closer and closer to "We're all going to die if this keeps up," but let's not go overboard.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WhiteJC

Quote from: HatterDon on December 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

With all due respect for your opinions on here, how on God's green earth did "getting a point flatter us?" When was it that we EVER looked like losing? The thing that makes this result so frustrating is that there was only one team in it who ever caused their opponent's keeper to break a sweat. I know it's getting closer and closer to "We're all going to die if this keeps up," but let's not go overboard.

HD, from where I sat in the Johnny Haynes stand there were two awful teams "playing" at Craven Cottage, if Sunderland's attack had been slightly above Sunday League form they would have scored and we would have lost, thats why a draw flatter us.

I can't remember when I last saw a team as bad as Sunderland, they had no idea, they didn't have a half decent attack, they had a make-shift back four and a substitute goalie, who didn't need to "break a sweat" because we didn't threaten on more than 2 or 3 occasions.

and all this "we were unlucky" stuff is just not good enough, as someone once said "the harder you work, the luckier you get"

ImperialWhite

I think it's swings and roundabouts. We could easily have lost - although we had many more shots on target than them(13:2), in the second half we were ever so vulnerable to the counter attack, and I counted at least two counters which looked like by 2 on 2, but fortunately came to nothing.

Tonywa

[ He gets turned every game,  it's frightening !!  Mark Hughes plays him because he brought him in,  I do not agree with the notion that we have not see the best of him, he will be 32 in March and if he has not learned how to stay with his man , he is not going to learn now. 

When it happened for Spurs first goal I thought that he had been beaten rather easily, but that it was probably just a lapse in concentration or a mistake.  The worrying thing is that it seems to have happened in every game he has played since.  I accept that he was nowhere one hundred per cent fit for a couple of those matches, but it seems to be a weakness which I don't think any of us spotted at the beginning of the season.  Tony Gale commented on it during the commentary of Sky's Saturday night highlights.  It's a worry, particularly when you have someone accident-prone as John Pantsil on the other flank and a lack of cover from the central midfielders.