News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Only 2 goals against heavily make-shift defences, but.....

Started by Jeroen, February 21, 2021, 07:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

We only scored 2 goals against heavily make-shift defences, Burnley missing Mee who is their leader and Sheffield who were missing a heap of defenders and had 1 going off during the games as well (we than scored via this side)

Not good enough, but......

They were both very organised and structured defences - they defended with almost 9 men at the time and let us try to break it down.
Up upcoming games (except palace maybe) all play more open and I think this will suit us MUCH better and more goals will come. COYW!!

Let's just hope that teams don't clock on to this.

Tempest

4 points. Good return. Move on to Palace with the aim of another 3 points.

Really, what more do people want?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Jeroen on February 21, 2021, 07:08:20 PM
We only scored 2 goals against heavily make-shift defences, Burnley missing Mee who is their leader and Sheffield who were missing a heap of defenders and had 1 going off during the games as well (we than scored via this side)

They were both very organised and structured defences - they defended with almost 9 men at the time and let us try to break it down.
Up upcoming games (except palace maybe) all play more open and I think this will suit us MUCH better and more goals will come. COYW!!

Bet you're fun at parties

DevonFFC

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 21, 2021, 07:45:05 PM

:Haynes The Maestro:

Jeroen

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 21, 2021, 07:45:05 PM

To be honest, I'm alright to have at a party, thank you!

Point I was trying to make before people start shutting me down for having an opinion is:

Our team is not set up to play against a defence that is completely bunkered in - we miss that creative pass to cut them open, maybe Cairney.
We will do a lot better against better teams that try to play football, rather than just defend, hence there is hope/believe for the remaining games (spec. The next 6) as they will all play more open than Burnley & Sheffield.

Bassey the warrior

We weren't at our best in either game and will need to play better next game.

Milo

Agree I think if Lookman wasn't selfish and took game by scruff of neck then we would've never scored all night.

We need Mitrovic back.. we will need him before the end of the season to chip in with valuable goals.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it is all hands on deck, every player will be needed to contribute including Cairney and Mitro.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

the problem is the style of play we are too static upfront most of the time, players stood still receiving the ball easy to mark, how many times are balled played like the one Andersen played for someone to run onto, a lot harder to defend against someone running at pace then stood still and getting the ball

RaySmith

Quote from: Nero on February 21, 2021, 09:01:00 PM
the problem is the style of play we are too static upfront most of the time, players stood still receiving the ball easy to mark, how many times are balled played like the one Andersen played for someone to run onto, a lot harder to defend against someone running at pace then stood still and getting the ball

They'd been attacking at the time, and Andersen saw Lookman in space and played a brilliant long pass for him to run onto.
But they they mostly had everyone  back when we attacked, which is hard to break down.

But  having players like Lookman, who can take defenders on and go past them is one way of  scoring against such defences. BCR is another who has this ability, and RLC and Aguissa can do this too, but need to improve their shooting.
I also have high hopes for Maja, who has looked promising in the centre forward role.
Mitro  can also play an important part.

Cairney back  would help to unlock defences with a killer pass.

WE all know that scoring is a major problem for Fulham, though we create plenty of chances.
If we can start putting them away, this would make a lot of difference.

Milo

Quote from: RaySmith on February 21, 2021, 09:19:03 PM
Quote from: Nero on February 21, 2021, 09:01:00 PM

They'd been attacking at the time, and Andersen saw Lookman in space and played a brilliant long pass for him to run onto.
But they they mostly had everyone  back when we attacked, which is hard to break down.

But  having players like Lookman, who can take defenders on and go past them is one way of  scoring against such defences. BCR is another who has this ability, and RLC and Aguissa can do this too, but need to improve their shooting.
I also have high hopes for Maja, who has looked promising in the centre forward role.
Mitro  can also play an important part.

Cairney back  would help to unlock defences with a killer pass.

WE all know that scoring is a major problem for Fulham, though we create plenty of chances.
If we can start putting them away, this would make a lot of difference.

Agree.

filham

Perfectly clear we are having trouble scoring goals and all of our attacking players are guilty of not taking chances. We really need Mitro and Cairney back for the run in, not sure that either of them will command a starting place but even as an option on the bench they may help in an exrtra  goal here and there,

SouthIslandWhite

Not complaining, we did just fine offensively. Considering the guns we bring to the fight, we ought to be very happy to make even a few dents in the opposition's armour. Mitro's contributions in March & April, that is the key imo.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.