more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any news on Toms fitness ?

Started by perry geyton, February 18, 2021, 04:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: ex-Pat on February 23, 2021, 12:09:23 AM
We Only need Tom if we are relegated, until then I am much happier with RLC ,,Tom gives us nothing whatsoever while we are in the Premier league.

In your opinion that is
I feel quite the opposite

grandad

I don´t think we will see a 90 min TC this season. Hopefully he can get some time coming off the bench.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: blingo on February 22, 2021, 11:18:13 PM
He's a yard short of premiership quality and takes too long on the ball.
Agreed

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on February 23, 2021, 04:33:17 PM
Quote from: ex-Pat on February 23, 2021, 12:09:23 AM
We Only need Tom if we are relegated, until then I am much happier with RLC ,,Tom gives us nothing whatsoever while we are in the Premier league.

In your opinion that is
I feel quite the opposite

As do I

Twig

This was a thread asking about the fitness of one of our players. But some of our "supporters" have once again used it as a chance to knock and crucify that player.  Why oh why do some find this necessary? I'm not saying players abilities shouldn't be discussed and criticised on threads intended for that purpose, but why highjack threads just to keep on regurgitating the same old hackneyed stuff?  It's not carefully considered, it's nothing new, it's frankly lazy thinking.

Statto

I don't buy this idea that players like Cairney (and people said it about Mitrovic too) are too good for the Championship but not good enough for the PL. Top Championship players are better than lots of players starting regularly for bottom half PL teams. The last goal we conceded was scored by Ashley Barnes FFS.

Cairney has been unlucky in our PL seasons through a combination of injuries, playing in sides lacking confidence and organisation, and tactical preferences that don't suit him.

I agree he's limited by his lack of pace, physicality and ability to win the ball back, which indeed will stop him ever getting into a top PL team, but IMO he belongs in or around the starting XI in a team at our end of the table.

Having him as an option would strongly improve us at this point IMO.   

perry geyton

Quote from: Statto on February 23, 2021, 09:58:57 PM
I don't buy this idea that players like Cairney (and people said it about Mitrovic too) are too good for the Championship but not good enough for the PL. Top Championship players are better than lots of players starting regularly for bottom half PL teams. The last goal we conceded was scored by Ashley Barnes FFS.

Cairney has been unlucky in our PL seasons through a combination of injuries, playing in sides lacking confidence and organisation, and tactical preferences that don't suit him.

I agree he's limited by his lack of physicality and ability to win the ball back, which indeed will stop him ever getting into a top PL team, but IMO he belongs in or around the starting XI in a team at our end of the table.

Having him as an option would strongly improve us at this point IMO.   

Exactly get him back in this team with our new improved defensive system and he will shine and score goals

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on February 23, 2021, 09:50:11 PM
This was a thread asking about the fitness of one of our players. But some of our "supporters" have once again used it as a chance to knock and crucify that player.  Why oh why do some find this necessary? I'm not saying players abilities shouldn't be discussed and criticised on threads intended for that purpose, but why highjack threads just to keep on regurgitating the same old hackneyed stuff?  It's not carefully considered, it's nothing new, it's frankly lazy thinking.

The same people that have written Tom off all said Harrison wasn't good enough at this level either the minute we signed Lemina

I should dig up some old posts

Hopefully Tom'll be back in a week or two and prove Em all  wrong AND not off the bench either, in the starting 11

Fulham Tup North

Whenever I think of Cairney I see him slotting away his goal v Villa at Wembley.. that image will never get boring... Tom can do little wrong for me.... I would argue against him being Captain but that would be my only criticism of him.  Cannot wait for a 'fit' TC back playing 👍 COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

The Rock

Surprised everyone is tippy toeing around it.

We're protecting him. He could be used, mildly fits in the system, knee prob still isn't great, and he can produce if called upon. But he's on decent wages, and to be blunt if we stay up surplus requirements and if we don't slots in the starting 11.

Very fond of TC, and he's a bit of an ace in the hole. I can understand why it is the way it is. For now.