News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How would we fair back in the Championship?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, February 26, 2021, 09:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Not trying to be negative here, but, with the likely hood of us getting relegated again, I started looking at the team we'd be left with in the Championship, and how it would most likely fair.

Naturally, all the loan players will go back, with say the exception of Maja, who I feel we might buy for the Championship, and, we're likely to get pickpocketed for a few of our own players as well, with loanee's returning. 

GK:
Rodak
Bettinelli
Fabri

DEF:
Kongolo
Hector
Adarabioyo
Ream
Odoi
Le' Marchand
Mawson

LB/RB:
Christie
Sessegnon
Robinson
Bryan
Tete

MID:
Cairney
Johansen
Reed
Onomah
McDonald
Anguissa

ST/WING:
Mitrovic
Kamara
Reid
Cavalerio
Knockhaert
Kebano

Unless I've missed anyone, these will be the contracted players to Fulham, although appreciate some will be out of contract, some will not want to stay, and we may have to sell.

How does that team fair, who will go, and where will we need to strengthen?

Whitestone

The Championship isn't something that I am considering whilst we have a chance of Premier League survival. I just can't think about it for one minute. Looking forward to the Palace match on Sunday.

The Rock

I think about this often.

You forgot Anguissa, who would be sold for £15m because  051 should be slinging tire shops.

I would think we finish top even without our starting 6 which we will lose.

But we need to have the chinsy owners to replace the Reams with the Dan Burns. I'd like to think regardless of FFP, the Khans are better than the last place Jacksonville Jags because it isn't in their interests to run Fulham FC into the ground no matter how inept they are.

We might be idiots but we're not stupid.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: The Rock on February 26, 2021, 11:57:30 PM

You forgot Anguissa, who would be sold for £15m because  051 should be slinging tire shops.

But we need to have the chinsy owners to replace the Reams with the Dan Burns. I'd like to think regardless of FFP, the Khans are better than the last place Jacksonville Jags because it isn't in their interests to run Fulham FC into the ground no matter how inept they are.

Added

Denver Fulham

If we keep our defense mostly intact, we'll be pretty good, and with some shrewd adds, could compete for autopro. Something like this as a starting XI?

Rodak
Tete    Kongolo     Tosin     Robinson
           Reed     Onomah?
BDR         Cairney          Cavaleiro
               Mitrovic / Maja

RaySmith

Quote from: Whitestone on February 26, 2021, 11:41:28 PM
The Championship isn't something that I am considering whilst we have a chance of Premier League survival. I just can't think about it for one minute. Looking forward to the Palace match on Sunday.

:plus one:

perry geyton

jarv

I think we have a reasonable chance of surviving. If not, need to hang on to as many of the good players we have. Newcastle did it one year and came straight back up stronger.

Statto

Agree that we might keep Maja but Anguissa won't be playing second tier football next season.

Also I can see why you've kept them in the list but in reality I can see us offloading Fabri and MLM (and Seri) and possibly AK47. 

Ream, Kongolo, Mawson and McDonald no longer have careers in the Championship or above.

Woolly Mammoth

I prefer to discuss how Fulham FC will develop when we secure our place in the Premier League for next season 2021/22.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

I don't want to give it a minutes thought,
Right now full focus on Newcastle v Wolves tonight and our match at Palace tomorrow.

General

Quote from: Denver Fulham on February 27, 2021, 12:15:33 AM
If we keep our defense mostly intact, we'll be pretty good, and with some shrewd adds, could compete for autopro. Something like this as a starting XI?

Rodak
Tete    Kongolo     Tosin     Robinson
           Reed     Onomah?
BDR         Cairney          Cavaleiro
               Mitrovic / Maja

I would hate to go down and want our focus to be on fighting tooth and nail to stay up - I think we've got the foundations of a good premier league side - particularly in defence - and a lot of that defence have recently come out to say they'd be interested in staying at the club if we do (Areola, Andersen)...

What's clear though is that our defence will be a lot stronger this time around in the championship if we do go down, Tete, Robinson and Tosin - not to mention Kongolo - if they all stayed with us, would be a step up even from the defence we had. Not to mention having the likes of Bryan, Christie and Hector as more than competent players at that level too.

alfie

There are also 1 or 2 from academy that should step up, unless they choose to leave.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Rock

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on February 26, 2021, 11:59:39 PM
Quote from: The Rock on February 26, 2021, 11:57:30 PM

Added

Sorry I missed anguissa. I still think we'd go straight back up with the current leftovers.

bog

Not even giving this a thought yet and I hope I don't have to!

092.gif

YankeeJim

After close to 17 years on Fulham sites, I still haven't picked up the joy of negativity that pervasive around anything Fulham. You all do realize that this time tomorrow we could very well be out of the relegation zone?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

WindyCity

I'm with you stoner!  I don't even want to go there........