more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Path to safety?

Started by We Are Premier League, March 01, 2021, 03:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Path to safety...

The below will get us to 36points, we may need to find four more wins to stay up!

33                                            Tottenham Hotspur             1
27   Sa. 06.03.21   15:00   A      Liverpool FC                       0
28   Sa. 13.03.21   15:00   H      Manchester City                 0

29   Sa. 20.03.21   15:00   H      Leeds United                     3
30   Sa. 03.04.21   15:00   A      Aston Villa                         1   
31   Sa. 10.04.21   15:00   H      Wolverhampton Wanderers 1
32   Sa. 17.04.21   15:00   A      Arsenal FC                         0
34   Sa. 01.05.21   15:00   A      Chelsea FC                         0

35   Sa. 08.05.21   15:00   H      Burnley FC                         3
36   Mi. 12.05.21   19:45   A      Southampton FC                 1
37   Sa. 15.05.21   15:00   A      Manchester United              0
38   So. 23.05.21   16:00   H      Newcastle United                3

Cookie6262

We need to get to get to 37/38 points and see what happens that will give us a chance and considering where we were after 8 games would be a massive achievement in itself, if my maths is right we need to average a point a game from here which will give us 34 points going into the Newcastle game, win that and 37 points gives us a shout.
What would be massive for us would be an unexpected win from somewhere like one of our next 3 games most of the teams in this with us have had that kind of result.

Statto

I actually can't see us losing 5 out of those 12 games. We've only lost 3 of our last 15. So that could be a couple of extra points that could get us there. But even 3 wins will be tough.

Jim©

If we could beat Burnley & Southampton (for example, the two lowest on current form) and Newcastle, we'd only be needing a few draws. The more I look at it the more doable it becomes.
Shame we left the European charge a bit late!

70sPimlico

Under normal circumstances, I'd buy this but right now, I'd be very surprised and pretty down if we didnt take 1 point from Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea & City.

Wingnut

Cant see us losing that many games. Man city aside, we can pick up points in every game. Wins are different story, and a bigger concern. We should have won that game yesterday, for example. Two points dropped.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

filham

Right now I am only going to think of two things, wow can we contain Bale and Kane to give us a point against Spurs which  would be great and then how are we going to start scoring goals to give us a few wins in the remaining games.

clarkey

The simple fact is to have a chance to survive we just need to be within 3 points of Newcastle going into that final match. That is the lowest we can go.

But really if we match or better their tally we are favourites to stay up.

bill taylors apprentice

Playing Newcastle last game of the season is a blessing and a curse at the same time.

If we win it can turn the tables on them at the last moment but if we lose it can ruin the good work we have done up to then.

I think 35 points might be enough as long as we beat the Geordies but I hope we will be safe by then.

davew

Quote from: Statto on March 01, 2021, 03:59:06 PM
I actually can't see us losing 5 out of those 12 games. We've only lost 3 of our last 15. So that could be a couple of extra points that could get us there. But even 3 wins will be tough.
Hate to be negative especially after the progress we have been making, but it is very possible that we will lose the away games against Liverpool, Villa, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, what we can't afford to do is lose any others and a couple of the other games are dodgy i.e. Spurs and City at the Cottage and Southampton away. not feeling confident that we will avoid relegation sorry.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

grandad

We will win the friggin lot.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I don't have a good feeling about the spurs game. I reckon we could do Arsenal though, bit of a smash a grab, but could as easily get smashed because they have just hit a bit of form. Liverpool will be at their weakest and a good chance for us to grab a point.
We need to just go out and play to win, we need to "click" like SP has come out and said, and, as has been the case for the entire season thus far, we need to score.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Jim© on March 01, 2021, 04:10:31 PM
If we could beat Burnley & Southampton (for example, the two lowest on current form) and Newcastle, we'd only be needing a few draws. The more I look at it the more doable it becomes.
Shame we left the European charge a bit late!

The biggest issue is those three games all are within our last four, so there would be a lot of pressure to take nine points (excluding anything possibly at Old Trafford). Newcastle also has Sheff Utd in MD37 at home, so I think we need to be at least level with them with two matches left.

It should be very close. People mock us trying to "draw our way to safety," but 11 draws and a win over Newcastle gives us 37 points and very well could be enough.

humphrey

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 01, 2021, 03:43:06 PM
Path to safety...

The below will get us to 36points, we may need to find four more wins to stay up!

33                                            Tottenham Hotspur             1
27   Sa. 06.03.21   15:00   A      Liverpool FC                       0
28   Sa. 13.03.21   15:00   H      Manchester City                 0

29   Sa. 20.03.21   15:00   H      Leeds United                     3
30   Sa. 03.04.21   15:00   A      Aston Villa                         1   
31   Sa. 10.04.21   15:00   H      Wolverhampton Wanderers 1
32   Sa. 17.04.21   15:00   A      Arsenal FC                         0
34   Sa. 01.05.21   15:00   A      Chelsea FC                         0

35   Sa. 08.05.21   15:00   H      Burnley FC                         3
36   Mi. 12.05.21   19:45   A      Southampton FC                 1
37   Sa. 15.05.21   15:00   A      Manchester United              0
38   So. 23.05.21   16:00   H      Newcastle United                3

How on earth ?

You put 3 points v Leeds ?   They will have their injured back, Phillips out for last 4 games.  Lucky to get 1 pt. they score hatfuls.
Max points being realistic end of term no more than 30-32, no more
Be realistic

Hugh Gentry

26                                            Tottenham Hotspur             2-1
27   Sa. 06.03.21   15:00   A      Liverpool FC                       0-0
28   Sa. 13.03.21   15:00   H      Manchester City                 1-1
29   Sa. 20.03.21   15:00   H      Leeds United                     3-2
30   Sa. 03.04.21   15:00   A      Aston Villa                         1-1
31   Sa. 10.04.21   15:00   H      Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1
32   Sa. 17.04.21   15:00   A      Arsenal FC                         0-0
34   Sa. 01.05.21   15:00   A      Chelsea FC                         6-0
35   Sa. 08.05.21   15:00   H      Burnley FC                         3-1
36   Mi. 12.05.21   19:45   A      Southampton FC                 2-1
37   Sa. 15.05.21   15:00   A      Manchester United              0-0
38   So. 23.05.21   16:00   H      Newcastle United                3-1

26 points to have us finish on 49......inbeaten in 18 to finish the season!

SP

The view from Southampton on the BBC at halftime tonight:

SMS Message: Saints fan here. I hate the board for what they've done to this club. If Ralph had an Aston Villa, West Ham or Everton budget Saints would be a real force. Instead we'll be playing Sheffield United next season in the Championship. We're down. from Anon

Lets hope he's right.

Woolly Mammoth

I do not think it's all as straight forward as we may imagine. Yes our eyes are on catching Newcastle. But the wider picture is that Brighton and Burnley have been sucked in the the relegation zone whether they would admit it or not. So currently for me if we consider that West Brom will not catch us and with Sheff Utd up the creek without a paddle, it's a straight fight between Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton and ourselves to avoid the third spot. We have to play Burnley and winning that match could be the key. Brighton at the moment have more trouble in scoring than we do, so let's target Burnley to close the gap on them and by doing so overtake or at least catch up with Newcastle.
I believe we need to win 3/4 games picking up a few draws, and a number of these points could come from games against Spurs, Liverpool, Man U, City, Chelsea, Arsenal.
Perhaps games like Villa and Leeds could turn out to be tougher in the way they will set themselves up.
One things for sure every single game will be a Cup Final whether it's Newcastle or Man City, so we cannot be occupied with concerning ourselves with the prospect of playing certain teams, they are their for the taking and we are their banana skin, and they know it.
So we should target Burnley who are only 5 points ahead and we still have to play them, by doing that we can end up overtaking others in the process

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 01, 2021, 09:57:12 PM
I do not think it's all as straight forward as we may imagine. Yes our eyes are on catching Newcastle. But the wider picture is that Brighton and Burnley have been sucked in the the relegation zone whether they would admit it or not. So currently for me if we consider that West Brom will not catch us and with Sheff Utd up the creek without a paddle, it's a straight fight between Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton and ourselves to avoid the third spot. We have to play Burnley and winning that match could be the key. Brighton at the moment have more trouble in scoring than we do, so let's target Burnley to close the gap on them and by doing so overtake or at least catch up with Newcastle.
I believe we need to win 3/4 games picking up a few draws, and a number of these points could come from games against Spurs, Liverpool, Man U, City, Chelsea, Arsenal.
Perhaps games like Villa and Leeds could turn out to be tougher in the way they will set themselves up.
One things for sure every single game will be a Cup Final whether it's Newcastle or Man City, so we cannot be occupied with concerning ourselves with the prospect of playing certain teams, they are their for the taking and we are their banana skin, and they know it.
So we should target Burnley who are only 5 points ahead and we still have to play them, by doing that we can end up overtaking others in the process

Agreed. Another interesting twist is the free fall of Southampton who have taken 1 point out of the last 27 and are only 7 points ahead of us.

FFC1987

I know a certain poster will like this but Saints could well be down and around it but they'd have to seriously implode for that to happen. Much like Newcastle, I think the early form will carry them through.

Statto

Quote from: SP on March 01, 2021, 08:54:06 PM
The view from Southampton on the BBC at halftime tonight:

SMS Message: Saints fan here. I hate the board for what they've done to this club. If Ralph had an Aston Villa, West Ham or Everton budget Saints would be a real force. Instead we'll be playing Sheffield United next season in the Championship. We're down. from Anon

Lets hope he's right.

Their last 9 game form is LLLLLLDLL

They must be close to imploding and sacking the manager

They still have to play 5 of the bottom 6 which looks like an opportunity to grab points... but will those games be even given their importance to the opposition?

They play Sheffield United on Saturday which is an absolute must-win, because after that it's Man City

Get the popcorn out

EDIT: FFC1987 you beat me to it!!!
064.gif