watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Team Reflects Our Manager

Started by fancyfeet4, March 01, 2021, 06:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fancyfeet4

Do you ever feel like the team plays like there are 10 Scotty Parkers out there? 

We are solid box to box.  We work hard and are profressional.  We move the ball side to side and backwards.  We take the smart and safe pass almost always.  We dont have a lot of pace.  And we arent very strong in the final third.  Sound like anyone?

We are so boring to watch.  I just hope we can squeeze enough results out to stay up but I am not very optimistic. 

Finnans Right Peg

Wouldn't say we are boring and if we took just a couple of our chances on sunday we would have won easliy .Was it more entertaining for you when we were losing at the start of the season I would rather watch us play then most teams in the premier league

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: fancyfeet4 on March 01, 2021, 06:53:45 PM
Do you ever feel like the team plays like there are 10 Scotty Parkers out there? 

We are solid box to box.  We work hard and are profressional.  We move the ball side to side and backwards.  We take the smart and safe pass almost always.  We dont have a lot of pace.  And we arent very strong in the final third.  Sound like anyone?

We are so boring to watch.  I just hope we can squeeze enough results out to stay up but I am not very optimistic.
Sounds like you have given up....would you rather have 11 of you out on the pitch?

filham

Scott is doing a great job and we are hanging in there with solid performances but oh we do need to score a few goals.

hovewhite

The OP post that sounds also a lot like Palace and would say we were more ambitious than Palace on Sunday. The

fancyfeet4

We are 18th with 4 wins and 21 goals in 26 games. Our Expected Goals is higher, but overall we play pretty boring football.  Athletico Madrid get results (and are the best at this) but they are beyond boring.  Regardless on how you view the results of late, you cant be overly entertained by what we watch each week. 

As for giving up, I have not. But we cant just keep counting on other teams to fail and there is a very good chance we are back 6 points (or more) after these next 3 games.  That leaves us 9 games to try and make up that ground. 

I would say that if the next 12 games for everyone was played out 10 times, we would go down 9 or them.  The odds are very long (in my opinion).

Twig

I would agree that under SP there have been times when we have been frustrating to watch. Even then I wouldn't have said we were "so boring" as that's just not an emotion I feel when watching Fulham.
Right now I quite enjoy watching us, we aren't perfect and our lack of cutting edge is still a frustration but boring? No.

The Rational Fan

We do have a lot of Scott Parker type players in the team, but it's because Tony Khan uses stats to recruit players and according to stats typically Parker type players are undervalued (that consistently work hard without that touch of magic) because that touch of magic is overvalued. We have invested heavily in positions where we can get good value for money, but we lack someone like Zaha for that bit of magic as such players are often overpriced.

Woolly Mammoth

All Fulham lack is a player with the X Factor. As for boring that is not Fulham, we are easy on the eye and try to entertain. The boring yesterday came from Palsce, even their own fans admit that.
May I remind anybody that finds it necessary to find fault with Fulhams system of play and feels it is necessary to accuse them of being boring after their performance yesterday which only lacked a goal, must remember we are Fulham, little old Fulham everyone's second favourite team.
We are not Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea or any of the big Northern clubs.
So being in the Premier League is a great achievement, staying there will be an even greater achievement. So be careful what you wish for. Another clubs our size never get the opportunity.
Look at Charlton Athletic now in Division 2, along with huge clubs like Sunderland.
Sheffield Wednesday a sleeping giant are flirting with relegation from the Championship,
Fulham are in the Premier League again fighting against the odds due to the handicap at the start of this season, and to pull us back by catching within touching distance up with the likes of Newcastle a huge club and others, and may I remind you we have done it in style, plus plenty of grit and resilience.
So to find criticism in Fulhams attempt to play their way out of trouble and not kick their way out I find disappointing to say the least. At this time we should all be supporting them no matter what, otherwise anyone that feels they need to moan after the way Scott and the team have turned it round this season I feel needs to reconsider.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

OtherHodgson

Here here Woolly, well said!  Back the boys, up the Fulham, and COYW!!!

I for one have grown very fond of this team and look forward to each match almost as much as our best years. I so want us to stay up and have a shot at keeping most of the team intact. Then with a couple of the missing pieces found we'd have one beautiful puzzle. 

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 01, 2021, 11:36:51 PM
All Fulham lack is a player with the X Factor. As for boring that is not Fulham, we are easy on the eye and try to entertain. The boring yesterday came from Palsce, even their own fans admit that.
May I remind anybody that finds it necessary to find fault with Fulhams system of play and feels it is necessary to accuse them of being boring after their performance yesterday which only lacked a goal, must remember we are Fulham, little old Fulham everyone's second favourite team.
So being in the Premier League is a great achievement, staying there will be an even greater achievement. So be careful what you wish for. Another clubs our size never get the opportunity.
Look at Charlton Athletic now in Division 2, along with huge clubs like Sunderland.
Sheffield Wednesday a sleeping giant are flirting with relegation from the Championship,
Fulham are in the Premier League again fighting against the odds due to the handicap at the start of this season, and to pull us back by catching within touching distance up with the likes of Newcastle a huge club and others, and may I remind you we have done it in style, plus plenty of grit and resilience.
So to find criticism in Fulhams attempt to play their way out of trouble and not kick their way out I find disappointing to say the least. At this time we should all be supporting them no matter what, otherwise anyone that feels they need to moan after the way Scott and the team have turned it round this season I feel needs to reconsider.

Very Well said. If FFC come 18th in Top Division, then that is Fulham's Best Season since 1966–67 apart from MAF era. As for the football being boring, I didn't see Roy Hodgson or Scott Parker fall asleep watching the game so neither will a true fan. Everyone watching that game knew scoring a goal meant game over, which keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Bassey the warrior

The OP is harsh but there is some truth to the claim. Parker is doing well but we are clearly weak in the final third and I think we can get more from our attacking players. We simply need to commit more men forward, not Leeds style, but more than one as we do at the moment. That will create chances and goals. Reed can help cover against the counter.

Statto

I don't think we're boring.

I've watched us play Palace and Burnley recently, two stable PL teams, and came away feeling bloody grateful that I watch us instead of them every week. In fact against around a third of teams in the PL, I now expect us to dominate the game and create plenty of chances.

There's probably another third at the other end of the table against whom I expect us to sit back and go for the smash and grab, but even that isn't boring when it works - unless you think the Everton and Leicester games were boring.

And in fact, even if we did look boring, it's not like TK has given SP a lot of great PL quality options in attack. We basically have two PL quality forwards, Lookman and Mitrovic, and one of them is off form. So I wouldn't blame SP.

Was anyone seriously expecting this to be like the 17/18 promotion season?
:doh:

Fulham Tup North

We play some lovely possession football, are easy on the eye and just need to find the net more often.... if we can equal a point a game I think that we will survive..... this season results are all over the place, and so I have not given up and I don't want the players too either..
Parker might still do this you know...and if he does, then what an achievement.....
COYW ⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

colinwhite

Quote from: fancyfeet4 on March 01, 2021, 06:53:45 PM

Boring to watch ? do me a favour !   We played against a Palace  team that really is boring to watch ! The same people who get sentimental about Roy are often the ones slagging Parker. Roy was fantastic for us and so can Parker be.

Then of course there is the other Point about Parkers career . An oustanding performer in the premier league  from an early age and for many ,many years ,including footballer of the year and captaining England to a quarter finals in a world cup. What exactly is the point you are trying to make again?

Somerset Fulham

Agree totally with Wolly and Statto.  :54:

Burt

I think Parker has the makings of an excellent manager. He has a clear philosophy, he is tactically astute and the players clearly respect him. Were it not for the poor start we had to the season we would be nicely positioned in the middle of the table.

This is his first "proper" management job, give it another 10-15 years or so and he'll be the England gaffer...!

RaySmith

Yes, the Fulham team does reflect the manager - hard working, very fit,  unselfish, skilful, never say die philosophy, tactically astute, confident in own ability, driven, leaders on the pitch, self motivated winners.

bog

I don't think we are boring at all. Palace and Burnley are with Newcastle not far behind. We were an utter shambles when Scott took over and we aint now.   In our manger I trust.

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 01, 2021, 11:36:51 PM

+1. Well said Woolly.  :54: