watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sick of people's lack of fulham knowledge

Started by Willham, March 02, 2021, 11:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

Sick of people underestimating our team and/or reading articles of RLC being our 'best' player and 'very impressive' displays.

I can understand with people who dont watch us play but then I hate that they come to me with opinions on my club, if you want an opinion, go watch us play then come back to me. And if I read another article that RLC has been amazing on his loan spell I'm gonna explode!

I think the clubs trying to insert that confidence on him by telling him hes doing good but it's been more than half a season now, he needs more goals and assists if hes to have been very impressive!

Holders

If it's been a confidence issue, I can understand Parker bigging him up. He's undoubtedly got talent and potential and I'm not one of those who've been drawing attention to him not really having lived up to that, for that very reason (not that anyone of significance would read what I write anyway).

That said, I think a lot of the media hype is because he's our only "big name" player and must be good as he came from that lot up the road, to whom we are but the poor relations begging for scraps at their tradesmen's entrance. Aren't we grateful that they deigned to loan him to us.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

When you see him going through  about 3/4 players trying to stop him, and only doing this by giving away a foul, you see how good he is.
And these dribbles have led to him having shots on goal and nearly scoring, and potential assists, like for Lookman v Everton, in recent games.

I think Scott praises him because he thinks he is  good, or at least the best in the squad for that position, and also  he may wish to combat criticism from fans - (not sure about this, because is  he even aware of it if he avoids social media?).
If he wanted to help his confidence, the best thing would be   talking to him quietly wouldn't it?

Regarding the press saying how great he is - well, i suppose it's easy to  fill in column inches and seem knowledgeable saying that, I suppose, even if you don't know if it's actually true.
But he is also better than   the  impression given on here, i think.

Sammyffc

RLC has been much better playing in the lines, when he was outwide he was terrible. It is a confident issue but it has gone on for too long.
Most of my friends who tell me that RLC is a good player haven't actually seen him, they have just read articles. However, that is a football fan in a nutshell though

ALG01

RLC is not really that impressive and when he runs at the oppositon more often than not he ends up on the floor. In the old dayshe would have been called a lightweight (or worse) because as soon as he is touched he falls over.

When he is in full flight and committed, you can see a glimpse of former glories, but currently if it was up to me he would not be anywhere near the starting 11. I honestly think scott has been got at and is obliged to play him. If my career was on the line, I would not put my faith in RLC rising to the occasion.

The OP is my opinion. the fiction spouted about him is staggering.

fulhamfan

perry geyton

He will finally find his Form by the  last game of the season and the last game of his Fulham career,
Just be patient !!!!

WindyCity

Quote from: perry geyton on March 02, 2021, 03:02:47 PM
He will finally find his Form by the  last game of the season and the last game of his Fulham career,
Just be patient !!!!

Haha.  Oh yeah, he'll at least get that chance, as SP rates him big time.  Sorry, but this player has displayed NO end product.  Not holding my breath either, but I do wish he would give us a reason to cheer for him.

perry geyton

Quote from: ALG01 on March 02, 2021, 01:15:18 PM
RLC is not really that impressive and when he runs at the oppositon more often than not he ends up on the floor. In the old dayshe would have been called a lightweight (or worse) because as soon as he is touched he falls over.

When he is in full flight and committed, you can see a glimpse of former glories, but currently if it was up to me he would not be anywhere near the starting 11. I honestly think scott has been got at and is obliged to play him. If my career was on the line, I would not put my faith in RLC rising to the occasion.

The OP is my opinion. the fiction spouted about him is staggering.
Agreed those runs generally end up with him going to ground cos he's too slow on moving the ball on the final pass, something TC is constantly criticized for on here but is far more effective at it

filham

Another RLC thread and I must I have said all I think already on other threads. However just two more points. Who have we better than him in the role he is filling, remember Cairney is not fit and it is just possible that on Thursday he could put in a MOM performance with a goal and a lot of opinionons will change instantly.

Slaphead in Qatar

I agree with OP. And it seems it's the male pundits that keep going on about RLC. I actually think the female pundits are generally more clued up about Fulham's season so far.

The Old Count

Quote from: filham on March 02, 2021, 05:26:36 PM
Another RLC thread and I must I have said all I think already on other threads. However just two more points. Who have we better than him in the role he is filling, remember Cairney is not fit and it is just possible that on Thursday he could put in a MOM performance with a goal and a lot of opinionons will change instantly.
Spot on. Alf Ramsey used to decide how be wanted his team to play and picked the best available players for each position. Those individual players may not have been the best players but they were the best available for that position. That is pretty much the case with RLC.

ALG01

Quote from: The Old Count on March 02, 2021, 06:39:40 PM
Quote from: filham on March 02, 2021, 05:26:36 PM
Spot on. Alf Ramsey used to decide how be wanted his team to play and picked the best available players for each position. Those individual players may not have been the best players but they were the best available for that position. That is pretty much the case with RLC.

I do not agree with you at all. Alf did have a way he wanted to play in 66 and had the players to do it. he was changing the football from old style britsish wm to a modern 4 3 3 and we had the personnel. If he had the brazilian players we would have played differently. and actually it was ramsey's stubboneress that lost us the world cup in 70 and then against poland away stiocking with players that were past there sell by date.

a top manager looks at his sqyuad and decides how to make a style the team are most comfortable and effective playing. very few get away with anything else, But no great coaches play players that are underperforming because in the end that cancer spreads through the squad and undermines the wpork ethic. Playing RLC regardless is not lost on the lesser lights that are not being given a proper chance and when needed will not perform as a result.

Willham

I am sorry many of you thought this was purely a RLC thread, I agree with pretty much all the views here, I agree we havent really got any better for the position and he makes some good runs, its just a shame those runs do nothing for us 999,999 out a million times. I'm moaning just about the general consensus around our team because of our position, my betting club constantly lose their bets when they bet against us, I constantly tell them but they never listen, media booming about us on a five match unbeaten record, in sure we managed 7 earlier in the season but no mention of that? Everyone banging on about bad decisions and possible handball for man u being the ultimate decider in the title challenge, what about the loving ridiculous handball for the liverpool draw and granted I did however see one article mention the incident with newcastle, only to say it evens out with our recent decisions? Does it? Does it really, I can count numerous other handballs that at this stage of the season wouldnt have been given against us.

They was once a league table online that corrected every decision in a game and made the league, arsenal and man utd. Would have been mid table teams one year when the 'actual' table had them fighting for the title. I'd love to find one of them again, I'm sure the site I used stopped updating.

Thank you if you read all my rant and for any help with frustrations you have ^-^

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Willham on March 02, 2021, 11:36:14 AM
Sick of people underestimating our team and/or reading articles of RLC being our 'best' player and 'very impressive' displays.

I can understand with people who dont watch us play but then I hate that they come to me with opinions on my club, if you want an opinion, go watch us play then come back to me. And if I read another article that RLC has been amazing on his loan spell I'm gonna explode!

I think the clubs trying to insert that confidence on him by telling him hes doing good but it's been more than half a season now, he needs more goals and assists if hes to have been very impressive!

You have an inferiority complex. Please try to overcome it. Deal with the naysayer with humor and intelligence.

Also RLC is obviously not performing poorly. Realize that Scott Parker knows more about midfield play than you do. You know less than Scott Parker.

The Rational Fan

The "Whoscored Statistics" says that RLC is a) our second best-attacking player (after Lookman) and b) our tenth best player overall this season so far (with 7 of our top ten players being in a more defensive position than Anguissa). If you want to ignore statistics, then fine read the journalists at your pearl and accept the conclusions of ex-players that rate RLC as this season's number #1 Fulham player.

The truth is somewhere in-between the statistics and the journalist assessments, but "The more I read football journalist the more I think the statistics are the better judge of who are the best players". RLC is only providing 0.7 key passes per game and only having 1.5 shots per game; with only 1.1 expected assists all season and only 3.4 expected goals all season. Statistically, RLC's creativity of 1.1 expected assists this season is not as good as Seri's creativity of 5.3 expected assists in 2018/19; but RLC works much harder in defense and buildup so is overall better.

ex-Pat

Haha,,Mitro must start,,,,,,RLC is a great addition to our team.

Jamie88

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 03, 2021, 03:59:58 AM

The "Whoscored Statistics" says that RLC is a) our second best-attacking player (after Lookman) and b) our tenth best player overall this season so far (with 7 of our top ten players being in a more defensive position than Anguissa). If you want to ignore statistics, then fine read the journalists at your pearl and accept the conclusions of ex-players that rate RLC as this season's number #1 Fulham player.

The truth is somewhere in-between the statistics and the journalist assessments, but "The more I read football journalist the more I think the statistics are the better judge of who are the best players". RLC is only providing 0.7 key passes per game and only having 1.5 shots per game; with only 1.1 expected assists all season and only 3.4 expected goals all season. Statistically, RLC's creativity of 1.1 expected assists this season is not as good as Seri's creativity of 5.3 expected assists in 2018/19; but RLC works much harder in defense and buildup so is overall better.

Interesting how this can be correct when he has 0 assists to his name this season and one goal.

MJG

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 03, 2021, 03:59:58 AM

When you look at the Whoscored rating he's actually 12 in the list which is interesting because for me it backs up a lot of what we have seen this year, in that when he has played, he has been one of the worst/11th best on the pitch compared to others. He's exactly where you would expect him to be given a majority of comments by fans, in the team because parker wants him but is he fully deserving of that starting line-up week after week? I would say no.

Now there are many things wrong with the WS rating and marking system, just as there are with transfermarket site but the good thing is its the same for everyone and is a fair comparrison tool when looked at it like that.
Just the views of a long term fan

colinwhite

Loftus Cheek has been disappointing at times,but looks to me like he is starting to turn things around. Of course he needs a goal . If he starts finding the back of the net,which he clearly has both the potential and ability to do , we are going to look an even better side.
Parker likes players who can drive between the lines at pace with the ball. In this regard he is head and shoulders above anyone else in the side,and apart from the pre- covid Frank,the only player we have who is looking to move straight forward with the ball.