watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 managers that aren’t well liked

Started by St Eve, March 03, 2021, 07:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Warnock and McCarthy. Yet they always seem to get the best out of their teams. Boro were awful last year and Cardiff not much better. Now both have a chance of the play offs.

Tabby

Warnock got sacked at the same Cardiff when they were 14th and they finished in the playoffs last season though.

St Eve

filham

I have always had a lot of respect for McCarthy, he usually does well without big spending and seems honest and straightforward . Perhaps his Yorkshire bluntness may upset a few people.

mancwhite

McCarthy is an excellent manager - has nearly always done well on a very limited budget - did a great job at the Republic of Ireland and put Keane in his place as well
Your just too good to be true Fulham

FFC1987

On McCarthy, I'm a Suffolk lad so have a lot of friends who're Ipswich Town Fans. Lots wanted Mick gone saying he played terrible football even on a tight budget. People wanted the attractive football. They ended up with Lambert. Grass isn't always greener and what managers like him do isn't attractive. Its limited success but still success.

Rupert

McCarthy can do no wrong as far as I am concerned. When my Dad was dying from cancer one of his friends wrote to McCarthy, who was managing the Republic of Ireland at the time, asking if he could send Dad (who was Irish) a good luck card, and he did do that and sent a signed jersey too, but it was clear from his message that he went to a bit of trouble personalising it for my old man. Tigana did the same when I sent a similar request to Fulham. Some people have that sort of class.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.