watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruben

Started by somerset cockernee, March 04, 2021, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger53

BBC website has Ruben with highest rating for us - God he must have a great agent with deep pockets because something stinks how such a poo player is constantly rated so highly. He is dreadful.

Somerset Fulham

What's this? Could it possibly be one of those lesser spotted RLC threads?

Gosh!

RaySmith

He seemed to have a lot of the ball, often  fouled by Spurs, who seemed keen to stop him.

Often through on goal-
just a pity he can't shoot, like  most of our players unfortunately.

Willham

Read a few times the comparison with RLC and aluko and I had made this distinction myself, watching hull city me and my dad would call aluko the nearly man, watching him was so frustrating because he'd skillfully take on ten men then fall at the last hurdle.

Rlc is very similar but one thing I've noticed is RLC will only dribble towards corner flags, hell always take the outside and head put wide, might be because he knows he cant shoot but we also know he cant cross, or at least I've never seem him attempt one so believe he can't. But he then gets in a decent area but as he wont cross the only logical option for him os to pass back to the LB or RB or someone in the centre circle. So alls hes achieved in his decent dribble is a whole lot of time wasting which as a team that needs 180-270 mins to score a goal is not helpful.

If we started every match winning one nil then RLC would be by far our best man but we dont, instead we need to get a goal so personally I wouldnt have him starting. Hes a decent player but not the man we need.

I'd love to see him actually get his head on the ball, the amount of times I've watched it come towards him and he prepares to head it, then jumps and the ball bounces two yards next to him, is he slightly blind or something because you cant misjudged the bounce that many times a match! I counted 8 against palace, I havent been able to watch the full tottenham match as I'm at work but if I do I'll get his tally from today too

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: RaySmith on March 04, 2021, 08:43:16 PM
He seemed to have a lot of the ball, often  fouled by Spurs, who seemed keen to stop him.

Often through on goal-
just a pity he can't shoot, like  most of our players unfortunately.

Is he fouled or very good at conning the ref ? I think the latter - very good at going down convincingly when touched by the opponent

perry geyton

Receive the ball, go around a player, fall over
And repeat
Over and over and over again

Sting of the North

Quote from: perry geyton on March 04, 2021, 09:23:16 PM
And repeat

Still more than some other of our attacking players managed today.

HV71

Glenn Hoddle said it all , when reminded of RLC's stats of one goal and zero assists , that this simply wasn't good enough for a player in that position.  Spot on - in spite of all the hype and talent  - not good enough !!!

hovewhite

Plays well up to the piont of hitting the target where he is toothless

ChesterTheTabby

His inability to shoot on target or make any use of his size in the box is just staggering.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

perry geyton

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 04, 2021, 09:27:38 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on March 04, 2021, 09:23:16 PM
And repeat

Still more than some other of our attacking players managed today.
[/quote

Oh yeah and that's without mentioning his shooting...

Lean back and sky it over the bar OR timidly tap it into the opposing goal keepers arms

bigalffc

Unfortunately his shooting is on a par with Lemina and Cav
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

AnOldBrownie

And who should we play in the position instead of him? Tom is hurt and Onomah isn't considered a goal threat at this level (neither is RLC really).

He plays because we don't have a better option.  He's never been considered a "goal scorer" so I'm not sure why people keep slagging him off.

He is what he is.

Hopefully next season we'll have a better finisher playing in his spot.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

FFC In Oz

The only thing RLC actually does that benefits the team is win free kicks.

Every time he makes one of his "driving runs" in to the final third he scuffs the shot or mishits a pass/cross.

No end product whatsoever.