watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ian St John: Former Liverpool & Scotland forward dies at age 82

Started by sunburywhite, March 02, 2021, 09:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Andy S

Dodgin

Always enjoyed that double act with Jimmy Greaves, I remember seeing him getting sent off giving Pancho Prason a thump at the Cottage. RIP

Abbotsbury White

sad news, RIP St, another of my boyhood stars gone, used to love St and Greavsie show.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

ALG01

RIP
One of the unbderated players. If he was around today he would have been earning mega bucks

However, saint and greavsie was an unexpected brilliant second part to his career. A very unlikely knockabout double act.

jarv

Met him once. Scotland v England in Glasgow. In a hotel the night before the game, I was with 2 mates and at breakfast he sat at the next table (obviously going to the game too). Chatted for a bit, he was incredibly friendly and humerous.  Nice man. RIP Saint.

filham

A football icon in Liverpool and a national treasure on TV with Greavsie.
Remember that lovely story of the placard outside a Liverpool church which read "What will we do when the Lord comes".
Some Liverpool fan had written underneath "move St.John to inside left".

Fernhurst

Us senior Fulham fans seem to be losing players we grew up watching at an ever increasing rate.
RIP Ian, condolences to your family and friends.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Cambridge Pete

RIP Saint. Condolences to family. Wasn't he the first player to use TV evidence to reduce a ban for being sent off?  Keetch pulled his hair to stop him so he punched Keetch. It was on "The Big Match"  Not sure it's true but someone once told me they later had a good laugh and a beer or three.

ron

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on March 02, 2021, 04:12:47 PM
RIP Saint. Condolences to family. Wasn't he the first player to use TV evidence to reduce a ban for being sent off?  Keetch pulled his hair to stop him so he punched Keetch. It was on "The Big Match"  Not sure it's true but someone once told me they later had a good laugh and a beer or three.

No, it was Mark "pancho" Pearson who was chinned. Anyone who punched Keetch would not survive the next meeting with him!

jarv

Yes it was Pearson. I was standing at the front and close to the action. Alan Minter would have been proud of the punch. :005:

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ron

Quote from: jarv on March 04, 2021, 10:56:09 AM
Yes it was Pearson. I was standing at the front and close to the action. Alan Minter would have been proud of the punch. :005:

Me too Jarv. I was halfway up the Riverside terrace, just on the Hammersmith side of the halfway line.