watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are cooked

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, March 04, 2021, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

I'm usually pretty upbeat, but, I'm resigned to relegation now.

I get that it was an awful decision tonight, and no way do I back it, but, how many times do we need to keep rueing VAR, or the officials, before our own clinical mistakes ?

I get it was Spurs, I get it's a tough run of 3 games, but, Jesus Christ, can we just put our foot through a bloody football, score goals, and win some games ??

Saddest thing is, this is a half decent team that is playing well, and we're going to lose some bloody good players when it happens, all because we couldn't justify a decent striker in the summer.

I'm that sure now, that if it doesn't, I'll donate £100 to Cancer Research.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on March 04, 2021, 09:52:26 PM

I get that it was an awful decision tonight, and no way do I back it, but, how many times do we need to keep rueing VAR, or the officials, before our own clinical mistakes ?

I get it was Spurs, I get it's a tough run of 3 games, but, Jesus Christ, can we just put our foot through a bloody football, score goals, and win some games ??

Saddest thing is, this is a half decent team that is playing well, and we're going to lose some bloody good players when it happens, all because we couldn't justify a decent striker in the summer.

I think we will still find the points  Jim... keep the faith ....👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Kimbleman

I've not given up hope either. We are IN every game we play and I wouldn't be surprised if we turn over LFC. Agree though we need to shoot more.....and hit the target. Think RLC should be told to get the ball to Maja (in the box) at every opportunity. Convinced now that Mitro is a busted flush, too slow and just drifts about. Don't forget Newcastle are playing us last game....we only need to stay in touching distance. Tonight's performance also shows just how shite Burnley really are after a 0-4 thrashing by a team that frankly we made look fairly ordinary. Keep the faith.

scotto2000

we can do this. don't give up.

Statto

The material events of today are that we've come much closer than I expected us to come to taking some points off Spurs with yet another good display, and Newcastle have had some massive training ground bust-up. All in all, I will go to bed more confident of us staying up than I was when I woke up this morning. 

Deeping_white

Staying up wasn't dependent on us beating Spurs, Liverpool or City, in fact most people thought that we still stand a chance even if we lost all three. We still need 12-15 points I think, but anything against the top 6 is a bonus to count towards that, with some entirely winnable games before the end of the season.

As statto says, Newcastle look like a team that's ready to implode and we look like a team that has genuine belief. Liverpool is entirely winnable based on their current form and injury issues, and 3 points from them and Spurs would be better than if we'd got a draw tonight and scrape a draw on Sunday. The boys will be fired up after that, they played well and got denied a goal by an atrocious rule and I saw nothing from that performance that suggested we can't finish outside of the bottom three

FFC1987

Another game we 'deserved' to win. Don't get me wrong, we played well, but not creating enough and not finishing what limited chances we do create is sending us down.

This result hasn't confirmed it for me but its a long running joke now after every game we say 'we outplayed them and were unlucky' to the extent where a lot of us called it before hand. This result hasn't sent us down but looking at 11 draws, many of which we probably should of won, look just  like this result. There's a theme here and we'll be extremely fortunate to stay within 3 when Brighton play Leicester and Newcastle play WestBrom.

Not down and out but the hope is dwindling after every result.

FFCFOREVER

RaySmith

I feared  Spurs would overrun us and look far better, but we more then matched them, and dominated the second half.

Yes,  we don't make the most of our chances, which makes that travesty of justice in disallowing  Josh's superb goal all the more  hard to take, but we should be encouraged by the fact that we looked at least as good as Spurs with Bale, Kane, Sol, et al (what a tawdry load of cheating bar stewards, glad the Fulham players don't behave like that) who hammered Burnley the other day, and are in line for  a top spot.

A bitter pill to take, but we are still in with a good chance of staying up, the way we are playing.

Lyle from Hangeland

I don't understand you're complaining. Teams is playing great and is going to stay up.

colinwhite

We are staying up. We can take points of any team . 12 games to go ,this isnt like a fulham team of the last 10 years. we look a proper team.

hovewhite

I'm actually more confident of staying up the longer the season goes, we do need more shots and could do with TC back.
RLC is all show I think as he is not in front of goal someone who even gets near the target let alone hitting it. Maja I think is the best we have.

SG

I was confident of staying up until last night. It seems however well we play we are not taking 3 points off any of the 'top' teams. This leads me to conclude that we are going to need to win 5 out of 7 games assuming we gain nothing from the 4 remaining games against the 'top' teams.
I cannot see that happening and ultimately it comes down to our inability to put the ball in the net which as much as anything is down to our midfielders not contributing any goal threat at all

Milo

We need Mitrovic to re find his form to stand a chance. Need goals..

FFC In Oz

Quote from: colinwhite on March 05, 2021, 05:55:56 AM

We are staying up. We can take points of any team . 12 games to go ,this isnt like a fulham team of the last 10 years. we look a proper team.

We CAN take enough points but the fact of the matter is we don't take maximum points enough.

That problem stems from our inability to score goals.

toshes mate

Have to agree with the OP although it must be tough on SP and the players to turn in one of our best home second half performances and not have anything to show for it.  Lemina's rushed shot that concluded the first half sums up what we are not doing well - composure.  However, I am not resigned to our fate at all because we look like a top half side from goalkeeper through defence and midfield, but just cannot seem to find the net to order up front, and that is going to be very useful in our next two matches if we get even a little more luck in our favour.

roberto w6

We are playing very well. We're in every game and always look like we have a chance of winning it. And we deserve a little more luck.
We've got a good first team, good enough to stay in the PL. We're cronically lacking 2 forwards who score goals and if we stay up and add 2 goal scoring forwards to the squad we will become a permanent fixture.
The squad looks cohesive and motivated. We have a good manager.
There is only one problem...time is running out. We didn't really start the season imo until the 2nd half of the Everton game in late November. I think we were already 9 games in at that stage. As documented on here, it's that poor start that has caused the problems. If we took results since then, I'm pretty sure we'd be comfortably out of the bottom 3.
That said, the reality is that we are where we are and with every game that passes without points we are more likely to go down.
God, I hope we do it. But last night really got to me. It was the disallowed goal and that feeling of "it's not going to happen for us". But I wake up this morning thinking that we still have 33 points to play for. We won't get them all but if we get 17 of the 33 available, we should stay up.
So, we have to treat every game as a cup final and average 1.5 points per game. It's hard but it's certainly not impossible.
COYW!!

Dodgin

We were so good yesterday, except for not taking the chances to score. Looks like a team if we stayed up and kept most of our loan players and some additions, would not struggle next season. If we go down and I still believe we can stay up. It will be another influx of players, hopefully we go up and start again. Never a dull moment.

Woolly Mammoth

It's taken me the best of two days to get over the sheer disappointment of being shafted and robbed and done up like a kipper. There was no justice on Wednesday and clearly there is one law for the teachers pets and another for Fulham and the rest. I have not felt so gutted for a long time, hence the reason why I have not been on here since the match.
Anyway all i would like to say is that this is a fine team representing Fulham as we have been shown time and time again.
It was a set back v Spurs but we are more than good enough to stay up and good enough to turn over any team on the day. So I have not lost faith but the defeat v Spurs hurt me ans if it hurt me, I would imagine it hurt the players and will make them come back stronger and with a determination, bounce back ability and I was pleased that Scott kept his dignity post match.
Whereas many managers would have had a fit, and I would not blame them.
There are still enough matches to get to safety and we are good enough.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: colinwhite on March 05, 2021, 05:55:56 AM

Completely agree we are staying up one way or another.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.