Main Menu

Our goal threat was gone.

Started by ex-Pat, March 04, 2021, 10:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: blingo on March 05, 2021, 02:53:16 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 05, 2021, 12:28:34 PM
Quote from: blingo on March 05, 2021, 10:57:58 AM
Are these the same people that were ringing his praises as top scorer in the championship? Hang your heads in shame. He is THE reason we are in the premiership. Perhaps if the crosses came in he would score a lot more. We should be looking at our wingers and midfield who are simply not producing enough quality for either Mitro or Maja to score from.

I think the contribution Mitro made this time round was/is negligible. Did he not miss out on most of the run into the final? Currently we could be getting crosses in from all angles and to the front and back posts but he just does not look like getting to anything at the moment.
Was the acute drop off in form not one of the reasons many pundits and posters highlighted getting in a tried and tested forward was essential business way back in August/September? The days of an out and out, socks rolled down winger getting to the line and whipping in a cross might come back but the modern game demands they bulk up the midfield and defend from the halfway line and the role of the No.9 has equally had to change. Maja already looks like he can cover more ground, sniff out the chances and adapt to phases of play better than Mitrovic has of late.

You failed to mention the 26 goals that took us up.

He hasn't been given the playing time either my friend. Assists?

Hang on a cotton picking. Like others you have touched on the Mitro on Fire period which as I said above had some great goals and performances in it but that period was not part of my contribution. The element of the thread I responded to was based on the now and extended out to the period since his form dropped which as post Lockdown One and the run in to the championship final where I am sure he featured as a sub but was the opposite of on fire. I quote myself, "as the championship season ended" . With him out of the team with seven/eight games to go the goals came from Reid, Onamah  and Kebano and there were comments on here about the team being less one dimensional and for the better. I quote myself again from a later post " his contribution was/is negligible". It was, he did'nt play. In the specific period being discussed his input was zero, zilch, nothing. Now if the topic or any of the posts referred to the season as a whole then obviously his goals are right up there but that was not being discussed. A man of two seasons in one possibly but the last half did lead to concerns about life in the Prem which were proved right as even in acknowledging all the caveats in my post this season has not worked out for him. With shoring up the defence a given the next biggest shout was for a centre forward option or was I reading from a different forum.
Maybe not getting game time is as simple as not being the best option currently available.

Statto

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 05, 2021, 05:04:25 PM
Hang on a cotton picking. Like others you have touched on the Mitro on Fire period which as I said above had some great goals and performances in it but that period was not part of my contribution. The element of the thread I responded to was based on the now and extended out to the period since his form dropped which as post Lockdown One and the run in to the championship final where I am sure he featured as a sub but was the opposite of on fire. I quote myself, "as the championship season ended" . With him out of the team with seven/eight games to go the goals came from Reid, Onamah  and Kebano and there were comments on here about the team being less one dimensional and for the better. I quote myself again from a later post " his contribution was/is negligible". It was, he did'nt play. In the specific period being discussed his input was zero, zilch, nothing. Now if the topic or any of the posts referred to the season as a whole then obviously his goals are right up there but that was not being discussed.

Ok well the point you were replying to, "he is the reason we're now in the PL", was clearly referring to the 49-game promotion campaign. From your reply, it now seems you don't disagree with Blingo on that, and just wanted to point out that among those 49 games there were a few he didn't play. Which is an odd point to make, because it doesn't really add anything of weight to the thread topic, but at least we got that cleared up.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Statto on March 05, 2021, 08:03:52 PM
Hang on a cotton picking. Like others you have touched on the Mitro on Fire period which as I said above had some great goals and performances in it but that period was not part of my contribution. The element of the thread I responded to was based on the now and extended out to the period since his form dropped which as post Lockdown One and the run in to the championship final where I am sure he featured as a sub but was the opposite of on fire. I quote myself, "as the championship season ended" . With him out of the team with seven/eight games to go the goals came from Reid, Onamah  and Kebano and there were comments on here about the team being less one dimensional and for the better. I quote myself again from a later post " his contribution was/is negligible". It was, he did'nt play. In the specific period being discussed his input was zero, zilch, nothing. Now if the topic or any of the posts referred to the season as a whole then obviously his goals are right up there but that was not being discussed.

Ok well the point you were replying to, "he is the reason we're now in the PL", was clearly referring to the 49-game promotion campaign. From your reply, it now seems you don't disagree with Blingo on that, and just wanted to point out that among those 49 games there were a few he didn't play. Which is an odd point to make, because it doesn't really add anything of weight to the thread topic, but at least we got that cleared up.

Wrong again superstar but never mind.

Statto

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 05, 2021, 08:33:23 PM
Quote from: Statto on March 05, 2021, 08:03:52 PM

Wrong again superstar but never mind.

Really? Ok, so the rest of us return to our original position of not knowing WTF you're on about.
But nevermind.