watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old sod's army

Started by bog, February 10, 2010, 07:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

This aint about any football matters folks, but did anyone watch the Godfather 2 on film 4 the other night? Only I watched 'it' and the stupid idiots cocked up the sequence of reels and missed out one of the best bits! I would not have minded if they had made some sort of apology afterwards but not a word. Seems as though they thought that they may have got away with it!   

HatterDon

I didn't, sir; but I feel your pain. Several decades ago I watched The Spy Who Came in from the Cold at a theater in Bedford. Everything went well until reel three came on. It was running backwards -- i.e. you could see where the sound track was, there was no audio, and everyone in London was driving on the right. I waited about a minute and then went and talked to the manager. After finally convincing him that one should HEAR the sound track and not see it, they finally stopped the movie. After twice more putting the reel on backwards, they finally just skipped it altogether and went to reel four. At this point I went spare. I walked up to the manager and asked for my money back. He said, "Mate, there are at least 75 more people in the theater and not a one of them has a problem with the film. What is wrong with you?" He was right; nobody else complained. Perhaps they were all stoned or something. I left without my money back.

All of this is less than interesting, but it is incumbent upon those of us of a certain age to begin long, pointless stories for no apparent reason. Thanks for ignoring. Ta ta.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

I remember that the BBC showed The Waltons every week. Big success for them. One week was normal but the following week the older daughter was sleeping with a man and nobody seemed to mind. Now I cant say I followed it closely but it turmed out the BBC had missed out a wedding episode and showed it the following week. Seemed fairly amusing at the time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

Very annoying is it not hatter john. Good flim as well The Spy who Came in From the Cold.

OldBrownShoe

Mike, re Godfather II. It's a great film, one of the few IIs better than the I.  You know you can borrow the film or indeed the complete set from me.  We'll speak soon.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

The Equalizer

I'm still an old stickler for Godfather Pt 1. I know not the reason, but I just prefer it. Years ago, my aunt bought the Godfather series on VHS, there were only 2 films at the time, but it was played in chronological order. So you got the whole early Vito-De Niro bit at the beginning, followed by the wedding sequence and Godfather 1, then the remainder of Godfather 2.

What a bloody monstrosity. Great films, but the second was filmed like that for a reason! When you take it away the film hardly makes sense! Fortunately they left the 3rd one out, the only good thing about that was Sofia Coppola buying the farm at the end.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

Sofia Coppola is the worst example of trying to be like your father since Frank Lampard
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

Quote from: finnster01 on February 11, 2010, 03:26:56 PM
Sofia Coppola is the worst example of trying to be like your father since Frank Lampard

Well, Lost In Translation was actually a pretty effing blinding film. She hasn't done a lot else though. Did you know that she actually appeared in all 3 Godfather films?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

I thought Lost In Translation was a pile of self serving, naval gazing tosh myself.  She has a good film in her. But that wasn't it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 11, 2010, 04:04:18 PM
I thought Lost In Translation was a pile of self serving, naval gazing tosh myself.  She has a good film in her. But that wasn't it.

but it featured a lot of Scarlett Johansen's tush, so I liked the movie fine.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel