watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We won the game but..

Started by JoelH5, March 07, 2021, 05:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

It shouldn't be forgotten that the referee played 6 (six!!!) minutes of injury time after a half with no injuries or goals. Where has that come from? That needs to be explained. Absolute stitch up!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFCFOREVER

Totally agree and SP was making his feelings known on the touchline.

Willham

And I want to see tetes yellow rescinded

filham

The extra 2 minutes was VAR time and allows the ref to wind the game back incase a VAR incident occurs right at the end of injury time, it is only played when the big six are not in a winning position . With Man U. it can de played following Fergie Time.

Cookie6262

It's 30 seconds per substitute, so if both teams use all there subs that's 3 minutes.... I also remember Lamina going down for something 🤷‍♂️

Pluto

Referee needs investigating. He was absolutely diabolical today (again!). 50% extra time for them for no reason whatsoever. Imagine if they'd scored in that time!

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Cookie6262 on March 07, 2021, 06:23:52 PM
It's 30 seconds per substitute, so if both teams use all there subs that's 3 minutes.... I also remember Lamina going down for something 🤷‍♂️

If only we as football fans with a lifetime of watching actually saw that thats how it really works.

It doesnt. There was four minute first spurs, thats for substitutes and var decisions, amongst tottenhams time wasting.

But ofcourse, the substitutions today which if you watched were done so swiftly, Liverpools players waited by the touchline to be off instantly, took seconds.

_Putney_

I can see there being 6 minutes somehow... As in, I wouldn't be surprised if you could find six minutes because of stoppages within the four. But the consistency is lacking. Against Spurs, we play the allotted time, and there was definitely time wasting by Spurs.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Willham on March 07, 2021, 05:40:06 PM
And I want to see tetes yellow rescinded
I'm with you there, although we both know its not possible.  How could that be a booking and a free kick? Absolute joke, thankfully it didn't cost us.

Stevieboy

What about the forearm smash on Lemina, red card all day !!

junior white

They held up four mins, 3 of which is accounted for bu substitutes as they are meant to allow 30 seconds per sub apparently. I think he gave Areola a subtle warning on time wasting to take it too 4.

What annoyed me was the free kick Mitro game away at the end was in 3:30 of injury time so by the time it was taken it should have been over at 4:30, if we go by the sours game he should have blown straight away as that ref did.

Overall i thought he did ok outside of that, didn't give silly free kicks to Liverpool as so many refs have done before just told them to get on with it

Whitesideup

Quote from: Stevieboy on March 07, 2021, 07:30:43 PM
Said that the moment it happened. Not just a professional foul, but violent conduct.

Whitesideup

And did you notice in the first half, 1 added minute, but we played two whole minutes.

The second half it wasn't just that we played 6 minutes - we played 2 minutes more than the 4 minutes added time.

Tete's booking was scandalous. A second yellow for him could have cost us the game. Fortunately he didn't put a foot wrong after that.

SouthIslandWhite

6 minutes of stoppage was obscene imo, but..... we didn't do ourselves any favours by time wasting and sitting on the pitch rubbing out quadriceps while the ref looked down at us on his dime?
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

alfie

Areola takes an age to take goal kicks, the ref is going to add on time for that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

junior white

We have to also remember that the time shown on the board is a minimum amount of time, so doesn't take into account any time wasting after the 90th minute etc, although playing 2 more minutes was ex chess I've as there was no more than 30 seconds to add on after that

The Cravenette

Most teams will take longer when they are winning and rush around when they are losing, that's just the way it is. I have been to games where the time wasting is crazy and ref's will hardly add any time on.

Adding 2 more mins to the 4 mins is ridiculous. How can you find an extra 4 mins in 45 and then 2 mins in the extra 4? Another 50% within the added on time! If they had scored I would have gone mental!

Penfold

Quote from: Stevieboy on March 07, 2021, 07:30:43 PM

Absolutely. That would have got you sent off on a Rugby League field - stiff arm challenge.

PaulUMD

davew

Quote from: alfie on March 07, 2021, 08:00:03 PM
Areola takes an age to take goal kicks, the ref is going to add on time for that.

And Lemina's injury (about a minute) during the 4 minutes added time.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)