https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Latest Anguissa thread

Started by perry geyton, March 08, 2021, 04:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 08, 2021, 10:08:15 PM
Anguissa gave an interesting interview to the Guardian this week

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/06/andre-frank-zambo-anguissa-scott-parker-fulham-interview

Frank is definitely a "young 25" in football terms. He reminds me some of American players who peak a few years later than comparable European players because of the (lesser) development structure.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Simply91 on March 08, 2021, 07:45:03 PM
Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2021, 06:52:48 PM
It's an odd one because statistically he makes more tackles, interceptions and blocks than Lemina and his dribbling clearly give us some cutting edge going forward. But for some reason IMO we seem more defensively assured with Lemina alongside Reed. Perhaps it's because Anguissa roaming forward leaves us exposed, or because a his dribbling, whilst great, sometimes ends in him giving up possession.

Jury's still out for me as to which is the better pairing. Certainly you need Reed in there, not because he's the best overall but he's the most disciplined in sticking to the proper anchorman function.

I know there are still a few games left to play, but Harrison Reed has been my favourite player this season - up there for player of the season (so far)

Harrison has been superb in the last couple of months, but I think Andersen and Areola would be a fair way ahead of him in the player of the season category.

Harrison would probably be the best of the next group which would include Tosin, Aina and Lookman.

JackHamlet90

Anguissa is a quality player I like him he still has a vital role to play in our chances of survival

colinwhite

It's an odd one because statistically he makes more tackles, interceptions and blocks than Lemina and his dribbling clearly give us some cutting edge going forward. But for some reason IMO we seem more defensively assured with Lemina alongside Reed. Perhaps it's because Anguissa roaming forward leaves us exposed, or because a his dribbling, whilst great, sometimes ends in him giving up possession.

Jury's still out for me as to which is the better pairing. Certainly you need Reed in there, not because he's the best overall but he's the most disciplined in sticking to the proper anchorman function.   

Agreed: frank is the best player of the 3 IMO . but its better balanced for our current side with HR and ML . away victories at both LIverpool and Everton would tend to back that up too.

Riverside

I am surprised we have not seen Aguissa in the RLC AM role
I know he doesn't have the end product but neither does RLC ( Cairney would have end product but be less effective defensively )

I like to see Anguissa in front of Reed and Lemina .
And why not try that against City on Saturday ?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Riverside on March 09, 2021, 12:46:37 PM
I know he doesn't have the end product but neither does RLC ( Cairney would have end product but be less effective defensively )

Worth a go
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riverside on March 09, 2021, 12:46:37 PM

Why not indeed, perhaps Scott is saving him for City.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

simplyfulham

Quote from: colinwhite on March 09, 2021, 10:35:11 AM

Agreed: frank is the best player of the 3 IMO . but its better balanced for our current side with HR and ML . away victories at both LIverpool and Everton would tend to back that up too.

That's a bit of an over simplification and I don't think it's true either.

Reed and Lemina are the most balanced CM's we have and probably the most positionally responsible. Lemina gets very similar numbers as Frank for Tackles+Interceptions per 90.

Reed and Lemina score highest for Interceptions per 90 (closely followed by Frank) but Reed leads the way for Pressures per 90.

The big difference comes when we have the ball. By any metric you like, Cairney's stats suggest he's the best passer in all forms even taking into account his numbers only account for about 33% of our games now. The difference are so stark though.

Loftus-Cheek and Frank tend to dominate most of the significant dribbling stats, like Successful dribbles per 90 (where Frank is miles ahead) or Carries into the final 1/3+Penalty box per 90.

I'd pick Frank in games against teams who press us high, if you want someone to break against that press and start a counter then he's got the strength and ability to do it. He's not so useful at breaking down teams who sit deeper.

perry geyton

Franks dribbles tend to lead to a sideways/backwards pass though and RLC's normally lead to him falling over

For me Harrison has everything and definately gets my vote for player of the season