watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Latest Anguissa thread

Started by perry geyton, March 08, 2021, 04:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

I started a thread a while back on here saying that I felt we play Better and win games when Anguissa doesn't start and gotta hell of a lot of stick for it....
Well anyways turns out I was right, he's best to bring on when  winning games to sure  things up.

I'm now currently accepting apologies

Thanks for owning it in advance

Perry

ChesterTheTabby

Are you sure your name isn't "Petty" Geyton? 🤪🤣
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

perry geyton

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on March 08, 2021, 04:29:32 PM

Come on now surely you've got better then that

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: perry geyton on March 08, 2021, 04:43:08 PM

I do have better than* that, but I still thought it was descent.  I'll let others give it a go 😁
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

perry geyton

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on March 08, 2021, 04:45:15 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on March 08, 2021, 04:43:08 PM

I do have better than* that, but I still thought it was descent.  I'll let others give it a go 😁

I'd be honored 🙏🏼

Were you part of the Anguissa is God club ?

colinwhite

depends on form and opposition, and system we choose to play. Frank can do things the other two cant and visa versa. Its complicated ,not simple.

Deeping_white

You also started one about his haircut and seemingly deleted it when people pointed out it was a weird thing to start bashing a player for. Are you the Clarkey equivalent with Frank now? Don't see why we need to have these threads acting like you're some sort of footballing guru because he was our best player up until Christmas time, I'm sure if I started one about TC being a sick note you'd be in there up in arms

filham

One of the things that amazed be about our victory at Anfield was that Cairney, Mitro, Anguissa, Robinson and RLC were not in our starting line up. You have to hand it to Parker for his brave team selection and it seems that we have a squad with some depth.
I expect both Anguissa and RLC to be well used again before the end of the season.

jayffc

As usual
Life isn't black and white
2 things can be true at the same time.
Anguissa is a brilliant player
We are playing really well without him in the starting lineup, while that's the case, there's no need to change it up. But just because Lemina and Reed are playing out their skins recently, doesn't mean Anguissa isn't a great player.

Statto

It's an odd one because statistically he makes more tackles, interceptions and blocks than Lemina and his dribbling clearly give us some cutting edge going forward. But for some reason IMO we seem more defensively assured with Lemina alongside Reed. Perhaps it's because Anguissa roaming forward leaves us exposed, or because a his dribbling, whilst great, sometimes ends in him giving up possession.

Jury's still out for me as to which is the better pairing. Certainly you need Reed in there, not because he's the best overall but he's the most disciplined in sticking to the proper anchorman function.   

Hatch007

Quote from: jayffc on March 08, 2021, 06:39:39 PM
As usual
We are playing really well without him in the starting lineup, while that's the case, there's no need to change it up. But just because Lemina and Reed are playing out their skins recently, doesn't mean Anguissa isn't a great player.

:plus one:

Jeroen

I guess against Liverpool went for a more defensive team, with quicker player for the counter.
Against teams where we have to make the play (Burnley etc) he has chose for Anguissa and RLC to build up play etc. (My non educated guess at least)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2021, 06:52:48 PM
It's an odd one because statistically he makes more tackles, interceptions and blocks than Lemina and his dribbling clearly give us some cutting edge going forward. But for some reason IMO we seem more defensively assured with Lemina alongside Reed. Perhaps it's because Anguissa roaming forward leaves us exposed, or because a his dribbling, whilst great, sometimes ends in him giving up possession.

Jury's still out for me as to which is the better pairing. Certainly you need Reed in there, not because he's the best overall but he's the most disciplined in sticking to the proper anchorman function.   

Anguissa is great but he's not always the quickest at tracking back when caught out of position, whereas Lemina and in particular Reed always sprint back. Reed is rarely caught out of position which helps.

AJW48361

Frank is very good but must improve his End Product.

Simply91

I know there are still a few games left to play, but Harrison Reed has been my favourite player this season - up there for player of the season (so far)

perry geyton

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 08, 2021, 06:32:56 PM
You also started one about his haircut and seemingly deleted it when people pointed out it was a weird thing to start bashing a player for. Are you the Clarkey equivalent with Frank now? Don't see why we need to have these threads acting like you're some sort of footballing guru because he was our best player up until Christmas time, I'm sure if I started one about TC being a sick note you'd be in there up in arms

I didn't delete it FOF did
And I stand by my words his haircut was attrocious, he's since sorted it out a bit recently

perry geyton

I was rather surprised Scott didn't bung him for the last 20 at Liverpool, was he not on the bench ?

For me Frank is a solid player with a severe lack of flair and the less said about his shooting the better

Personally I think Onomah has a lot more to offer and well be seeing a lot more of him next season

perry geyton

Quote from: jayffc on March 08, 2021, 06:39:39 PM
As usual

Brilliant is a bit strong
Decent with potential would be more appropriate
A brilliant player can pick a pass and score

clarkey

Anguissa has been looking abit jaded the last few games, he got dropped, maybe had a niggle, and will be back at his best soon.For many games he has been one of our best players. It is great that Harrison Reed is in such good form and we do not rely on Frank as much as we did, but his day will come again. Scotty actually made a mistake with his subs at Anfield, he should have brought Anguissa on for Cav on 70 minutes, we would have looked better for those last 20 minutes.