News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan did a good job fixing his early mistake.

Started by AnOldBrownie, March 07, 2021, 05:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Your last annalysis is just plain silly,and whatever logic you are using it doesnt have a lot to do with a good knowledge of the game ,sorry.

The Old Count

Quote from: ALG01 on March 11, 2021, 01:30:06 PM
Quote from: Statto on March 11, 2021, 12:09:05 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on March 11, 2021, 10:03:25 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on March 10, 2021, 04:33:50 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on March 10, 2021, 04:09:08 PM
The signings this season have been truly excellent. Not a duffer amongst them . Well done TK!

What about the injured kongolo?

Desperately nit picking. he has look ok when he has played,and will still come good IMO. Disagree that RLC was apoor signing too. He may still be vital to us. " very poor arguements that our recruitment hasnt been excellent this season !!!

Kongolo has irrefutably been a terrible signing, RLC is debatable IMO. Jury's out on Maja.

Leaving Maja out of it and giving half marks for RLC would give TK a success score of 8.5 out of 10 new faces this season, so an 85% success rate - I think that a fair assessment.

A good DoF probably wants to be getting 60-80% of transfers right (ie players that end up justifying their price tag) so TK has done very well on that metric this year.

His success rate overall probably remains well below 50%. We'd have had 4 or 5 times as much to spend this year if it wasn't for his mistakes in the last couple of years. And obviously there are other issues - the timing of transfers, the total failure to fill some key positions, the terrible PR etc. So people are entitled to remain cynical about his overall competence.

But with those massive caveats yes he's done well this year IMO.

I understand everything you have said.

But here is the thing. To leave us without forwards was ridiculous and dangerous and as a result we have scored 22 goals and lie perilously in the bottom three. It is a team game so we need to build a team, not just a brilliant defence. We needed action on day 1 of the January woindow, not the last minute amnd as a result let winnable games slip away.

I like Maja, i think he is a breath of fresh air well done but a month too late.

We can agree to differ on RLC but he has not been a success in my eyes. but I do admit I would have gambled on him too if I was told he was available.

You cshould not use a stat of 85% success as good without the qualification.
he only looked at and 50% of the team. he got a defence right and so OK 85% there, brillaint.
but ignored the 50% of the team where the goals come from
and
in my eyes he didn't even try that hard to fix that ,
using your logic then 85% as applied to 50% of the team means  85x50=45% success across the whole pitch and that equals Failure.

As I have said to oithers, I want what is best as do we all. The team is a whole organic thing. He needs to be very miuch better if we are to kick on.

If we survive, he just has to do better or we will be in the same unfortunate position next season.

Thing is Algo, we know you love Fulham and want the best for the club. We also know that you just can't get past thinking TK is a bit of a dick. So what says you call him up and arrange to meet up in Bishops Park for a bundle. Then you can just clock him, pat him on the back and be mates. Job done.

alfie

One of the problems with supporters is they cannot get past the past. When we came up the first time and he purchased those players the majority of us thought we have made some good signings, people in the football world were shocked at us getting Seri, it's all in hindsight that we now criticise and abuse the man after those players not performing. Now if you are a DOF ( so we know he only got that job because of his dad), but it doesn't matter if you have been doing the job for 1 year or 50 years, there is no dof in this wide world that can ever know how a player will perform until they put on the teams shirt and steps over that white line on a match day. He has made some dodgy signings but, over the last couple of years he has learnt, look at the current signings excellent, if he can be blamed for the bad signings then he should get praise for the good signings I find it sad that very few seem to want to do that.
This is my own personal opinion and I expect it will fall on a lot of deaf ears, that's fine it's not for me to expect others to agree, opinions are just that and all should be respected.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on March 12, 2021, 11:37:15 AM
One of the problems with supporters is they cannot get past the past. When we came up the first time and he purchased those players the majority of us thought we have made some good signings, people in the football world were shocked at us getting Seri, it's all in hindsight that we now criticise and abuse the man after those players not performing. Now if you are a DOF ( so we know he only got that job because of his dad), but it doesn't matter if you have been doing the job for 1 year or 50 years, there is no dof in this wide world that can ever know how a player will perform until they put on the teams shirt and steps over that white line on a match day. He has made some dodgy signings but, over the last couple of years he has learnt, look at the current signings excellent, if he can be blamed for the bad signings then he should get praise for the good signings I find it sad that very few seem to want to do that.
This is my own personal opinion and I expect it will fall on a lot of deaf ears, that's fine it's not for me to expect others to agree, opinions are just that and all should be respected.

I find all this fine until we get to the penultimate couple of sentences (i.e. not the final one).  SP was complaining during the winter window (see my previous comments) which suggested he didn't know what was going on.  We supporters don't know as much as SP knows about what goes on but when he appears frustrated about recruitment matters that is a worry, IMO.  In the supporters' view that's down to TK's history, not about bad signings which can happen regardless, but around his capacity to act without consultation with his managers which we know happened with both of Parker's predecessors.  The famous word used to describe TK's behaviour in a recent supporter video was 'egregious' and it seemed a worthy choice ...       

colinwhite

is that what "egregious" means ? "A bit of a dick" ??

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on March 12, 2021, 11:55:19 AM
Quote from: alfie on March 12, 2021, 11:37:15 AM

I find all this fine until we get to the penultimate couple of sentences (i.e. not the final one).  SP was complaining during the winter window (see my previous comments) which suggested he didn't know what was going on.  We supporters don't know as much as SP knows about what goes on but when he appears frustrated about recruitment matters that is a worry, IMO.  In the supporters' view that's down to TK's history, not about bad signings which can happen regardless, but around his capacity to act without consultation with his managers which we know happened with both of Parker's predecessors.  The famous word used to describe TK's behaviour in a recent supporter video was 'egregious' and it seemed a worthy choice ...     
Fair enough, no argument.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ALG01

Quote from: The Old Count on March 12, 2021, 10:32:05 AM
The signings this season have been truly excellent. Not a duffer amongst them . Well done TK!

Desperately nit picking. he has look ok when he has played,and will still come good IMO. Disagree that RLC was apoor signing too. He may still be vital to us. " very poor arguements that our recruitment hasnt been excellent this season !!!

Kongolo has irrefutably been a terrible signing, RLC is debatable IMO. Jury's out on Maja.

Leaving Maja out of it and giving half marks for RLC would give TK a success score of 8.5 out of 10 new faces this season, so an 85% success rate - I think that a fair assessment.

A good DoF probably wants to be getting 60-80% of transfers right (ie players that end up justifying their price tag) so TK has done very well on that metric this year.

His success rate overall probably remains well below 50%. We'd have had 4 or 5 times as much to spend this year if it wasn't for his mistakes in the last couple of years. And obviously there are other issues - the timing of transfers, the total failure to fill some key positions, the terrible PR etc. So people are entitled to remain cynical about his overall competence.

But here is the thing. To leave us without forwards was ridiculous and dangerous and as a result we have scored 22 goals and lie perilously in the bottom three. It is a team game so we need to build a team, not just a brilliant defence. We needed action on day 1 of the January woindow, not the last minute amnd as a result let winnable games slip away.

I like Maja, i think he is a breath of fresh air well done but a month too late.

We can agree to differ on RLC but he has not been a success in my eyes. but I do admit I would have gambled on him too if I was told he was available.

he only looked at and 50% of the team. he got a defence right and so OK 85% there, brillaint.
and
using your logic then 85% as applied to 50% of the team means  85x50=45% success across the whole pitch and that equals Failure.

As I have said to oithers, I want what is best as do we all. The team is a whole organic thing. He needs to be very miuch better if we are to kick on.

If we survive, he just has to do better or we will be in the same unfortunate position next season.

Thing is Algo, we know you love Fulham and want the best for the club. We also know that you just can't get past thinking TK is a bit of a dick. So what says you call him up and arrange to meet up in Bishops Park for a bundle. Then you can just clock him, pat him on the back and be mates. Job done.

We are fulham supporters and we do not do 'bundles.' well I don't
SO
how about I do a brian clough on him... namely I call him up, we have a chat and then decide I was right 064.gif

I am now preparing for tomorrows game.

I saw Tom cairney's 50 minute interview last night and apro po of nothing, it is interesting to hear him talk about starting out in football and why he came to Fulham. Very good if you haven't seen it yet.

The Old Count

Quote from: ALG01 on March 12, 2021, 01:59:59 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on March 12, 2021, 10:32:05 AM

and

We are fulham supporters and we do not do 'bundles.' well I don't
SO
how about I do a brian clough on him... namely I call him up, we have a chat and then decide I was right 064.gif

I am now preparing for tomorrows game.

I saw Tom cairney's 50 minute interview last night and apro po of nothing, it is interesting to hear him talk about starting out in football and why he came to Fulham. Very good if you haven't seen it yet.

'how about I do a brian clough on him... namely I call him up, we have a chat and then decide I was right'.  Lol. That would be better.