more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Josh Onomah

Started by JackHamlet90, March 12, 2021, 06:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackHamlet90

What has happened to him?
I'm not complaining or saying he should be playing or anything as we have been very good last 10 games but I am surprised he hasn't been given a chance in the number 10 role at any stage considering how Parker has always said he rates Onomah & knows how good he can be

Lordedmundo

I think it is simply that he does not have a route into team at the moment, as her needs to get ahead of Reed, Lemina or Anguissa. He is in a difficult situation as he needs a run of games to prove that he is good enough as back-up and he is not going to get that opportunity as it stands (and no offence to him - I hope he doesn't as the aforementioned players have been brilliant for us this season).

Craven Mad

Agree with the posts above - he's fighting for a spot in a squad that's already covered at CM.

I really think he needs a full season in the Championship. He wasn't a starter for us last season until the latter stages, so he doesn't have heaps of experience yet and that often shows on the pitch (a bit slow to make a decision and not incisive when needed).

A year in the Championship (either on loan or with us if we're relegated) would do him the world of good and would help him progress his career.

filham

Competition for the three midfield spots is Lumina,  Anguissa, Reed , RLC, Cairney and Onomah, in that order I would think.
Onomah unlikely to make the bench without a couple of injuries

bencher

Quote from: Craven Mad on March 12, 2021, 10:46:38 AM
Agree with the posts above - he's fighting for a spot in a squad that's already covered at CM.

I really think he needs a full season in the Championship. He wasn't a starter for us last season until the latter stages, so he doesn't have heaps of experience yet and that often shows on the pitch (a bit slow to make a decision and not incisive when needed).

A year in the Championship (either on loan or with us if we're relegated) would do him the world of good and would help him progress his career.

I agree with the above. If he can quicken up his decision making he has some of the ingredients to be good at this level. Has a goal in him, and has some good physical qualities. Needs regular football. I think his position is as the spearhead of the midfield, which is of course RLC or Cairney's role.

Bill2

Quote from: bencher on March 12, 2021, 10:51:12 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on March 12, 2021, 10:46:38 AM

I agree with the above. If he can quicken up his decision making he has some of the ingredients to be good at this level. Has a goal in him, and has some good physical qualities. Needs regular football. I think his position is as the spearhead of the midfield, which is of course RLC or Cairney's role.
In my mind just not good enough, has had some good games but more often poor. Certainly too many players better than him in the squad at the moment.

ALG01

personally i think the three we have had named abover are all way better than Josh and to be honest, I do not think he is quite up to this standard.

if we ever get a couple of goal leads in a game he should be given a few cameo chances and see how he measures up. I like him better when he is advanced because he does have some skill so maybe there is hope yet.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: ALG01 on March 12, 2021, 02:03:05 PM
personally i think the three we have had named abover are all way better than Josh and to be honest, I do not think he is quite up to this standard.

if we ever get a couple of goal leads in a game he should be given a few cameo chances and see how he measures up. I like him better when he is advanced because he does have some skill so maybe there is hope yet.

+1

I don't think he has the necessary mindset to be a consistent player at this level.

I think many of us are looking back with blinkered vision because of his stunning goal against Cardiff and a handful of other great performances (in the Championship).

There's a reason why Tottenham were willing to throw him in as steak knives for the Sess deal

MaximusDecimus

Championship player . Not up to scratch for this league and will be sold if we stay up .

perry geyton

Grooming him to kill it next season

perry geyton

Quote from: MaximusDecimus on March 12, 2021, 02:54:27 PM
Championship player . Not up to scratch for this league and will be sold if we stay up .

Says who ?
You probably said the same thing about Harrison Reed earlier on in this season

mrmicawbers

He's down the pecking order at the moment.Had we been in a better position he may have got a few games.Only young so not writing him off as a potential premier league player.

Deeping_white

If it wasn't for the fact that CM is arguably our strongest position depth wise, I think he'd have featured much more this season once coming back from injury. Think it's just been a double whammy of injury and having better players ahead of him. If we go down he's guaranteed to be in the 18 because he's very good at that level, and I think he's got the potential to be at the very least, a decent PL squad player. Hopefully we stay up and he gets a full pre-season under his belt to get fit and fight for a place, because the goal he scored against Cardiff in the play-offs last season was a glimpse of the talent that he possesses, and he's not a bad finisher for a midfielder either so he certainly deserves a chance at staking his claim in a more settled (hopefully) PL team.