watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ibane Bowat

Started by grandad, March 11, 2021, 09:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, & Brighton are all reported to be in talks to sign him. His scholarship ends in June & he has been offered a professional contract by us.
Will another of our rising stars be tempted to leave , lured by big money?
Where there's a will there's a wife

AJW48361

lamby

This is what funds the academy!

Andy S

Ryan Sess is living proof that a big transfer is not always beneficial. He is nowhere near the spurs first team and not worth the money they paid us for him. So let's Ibanez Bowat needs to stay here a little longer to develop his game. These young players should realise that there is no rush

Statto

He's 18, not that young for a footballer these days, and I haven't even heard of him. Roberts, Sessegnon et al broke into the first team aged 16/17 and Elliott is still only 17 now. So this lad can't be that good.

RAY Rock ????

😂😂 none of you know how good Ibane Bowat is. His potential is frightening he is 6ft 2 quick and has a great left foot that can pass great diagonal passes and he reads the game well he is also a centre back. We must try and keep him we tried to sign tobido for 18 million in the summer we definitely dodged a bullet there. In my opinion this boy will make it

SuffolkWhite

I have not heard of him so cant comment on whether he is good or not, but if he is 18 would he be on some sort of professional contract already with us? Or is that the case and the contract expires soon?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bog

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on March 12, 2021, 03:18:54 AM
😂😂 none of you know how good Ibane Bowat is. His potential is frightening he is 6ft 2 quick and has a great left foot that can pass great diagonal passes and he reads the game well he is also a centre back. We must try and keep him we tried to sign tobido for 18 million in the summer we definitely dodged a bullet there. In my opinion this boy will make it

You are correct, I have never heard of him. Why have not heard of him as he is 18? Why has he not been anywhere near the first team squad then? 

092.gif

MikeTheCubed

Centre backs take longer to mature than for example wingers and attacking midfielders. By comparison Chris Smalling was 19 years & 6 months old when he made his first league appearance for Fulham (as a late substitute on the final game of the season).

Ronnief

I can't believe that so many of our regular commentators on this site have not heard of Ibane. I admit I haven't seen him play but I have read some comments on the club site and reports of the under 23 and under 18 matches.  These promising youngsters need our support and hopefully they will become Fulham players in the near future. Many will not make it but some will go on to make good footballers where ever they may go. I am always reminded of one of our past junior players Darren Pratley who is still playing at a good level and he is now in his 30's. Good luck to Ibane and here's hoping he will develope at Fulham into one of our Players.

res

Quote from: Ronnief on March 12, 2021, 10:11:58 AM
I can't believe that so many of our regular commentators on this site have not heard of Ibane. I admit I haven't seen him play but I have read some comments on the club site and reports of the under 23 and under 18 matches.  These promising youngsters need our support and hopefully they will become Fulham players in the near future. Many will not make it but some will go on to make good footballers where ever they may go. I am always reminded of one of our past junior players Darren Pratley who is still playing at a good level and he is now in his 30's. Good luck to Ibane and here's hoping he will develope at Fulham into one of our Players.

The U18s and U23s do get match reports on the FFC Web, with team selections with brief TV highlights. Player profiles are also on the FFC Web. So all can keep up to date with player developments such as Ibane.
Some will move on for nothing and make the grade in the lower leagues (e.g. Spence at Middlesborough, Atkinson at Oxford). Others we will get a decent fee but not make it at their new club  (e.g. Adeniran went to Everton for a large fee but not made it-yet-in their first team, and has been on loan at Wycombe this season, Drameh who went to Leeds this year for "a 6 figure fee" and is doing well in their Academy). And there are others for whom we get big money (e.g. Roberts, Sessegnon, Elliott, Woodrow). And there ore others who leave for nothing and become valuable elsewhere (e.g. Maja currently back with us on loan but who will cost a few £m if we sign.
So, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Always good to see players develop, though, rather than just waving the cheque book.

filham

Surely some one will explain to this lad that his future is best served by staying with us for a few more years. If then he develops into a top premier league quality player with the big six interested he can consider a step up to the top.