more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

12 points and I think we can do this.

Started by South Coast White, March 13, 2021, 10:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

9 points, beat wolves,southampton,
Newcastle,3 points draw Burnley, Villa, Leeds, bit of luck maybe with Chelsea,Arsenal & Utd.

Sgt Fulham

We have a great opportunity, but it's now or never. We can't afford any more games like WBA away, Palace away, Brighton home and away. If we do the business we stay up, otherwise it is back to playing the likes of Luton.

Statto

SouthIslandWhite

It will be a very serious task. But over recent months, our form in terms of away results has been outstanding. That should help.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Statto on March 14, 2021, 12:55:05 AM
Will 12 points be enough though?

Personally I believe 38 points will be enough.

We had Don Hutchison on the coverage here, and he was saying he believed there'll be a low points total of about 32-33 points required to stay up.

Considering that 18th and 17th are already on 26 points, I think Don is underestimating the tally required considering the amount of points still left to play for.

hovewhite

It's well possible as we are more together and tough to break down than likes of Newcastle, man City this was a blip and not a surprise to me.

JoelH5

Every calculation I've done shows we have to beat Burnely, unless we get a shock result somewhere. I actually think 2 wins, a few draws and not losing to Newcastle on the last day and we're safe. My predications also meant a draw against Leeds. It doesn't appear to be but the Leeds game is actually vital. If we can win that, we are right on track. It just shows how massive the Liverpool result was.

All these calculations also mean no shock results for Newcastle which could happen. I think we want Brighton Newcastle to draw, at worst a Brighton win but we can't have a Newcastle win there.

Newcastle Arsenal is also a massive game. We need an Arsenal win but I could see that as a draw which would change everything. Realistically, if we best Leeds, Vila and Burnely, the last day won't matter.

Interested to see others predictions - https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=1

I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

If we can reach 38 points we should be safe, it won't be easy but there are I expect many twists and turns to come. It is really in our hands and the key is turning draws into wins whoever we play.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

The end of season always throws up weird and wonderful results between top and bottom clubs, let's hope we can get the wins needed, because we are still nowhere near safe.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on March 14, 2021, 12:11:23 PM
The end of season always throws up weird and wonderful results between top and bottom clubs, let's hope we can get the wins needed, because we are still nowhere near safe.

You are correct, it could still go either way as we stand at the moment. We have to try and achieve at least 4 wins which we are capable, but we have to prove it by beating teams like we have recently against Everton and Liverpool. Yesterday we drew the first half against the best team in the country so we cannot dwell on the second half.
I would like to think we are capable of beating Leeds and Villa on any given day, it's that niggling factor of not being able to score enough goals in most games.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Whenever I go down the rabbit hole of forecasting, I start to become more pessimistic. One game at a time. Leeds next. Extremely winnable. Fingers crossed we don't hit a hump in form with heads down after City result.

Riversider

As I said elsewhere it needs to be factored in that both Brighton and Newcastle still have to play Sheffield United,  a club in absolute turmoil,  with a group of players that are unhappy with Wilder leaving
Put it this way I wish we were playing the Blades next at home instead of Leeds.

RaySmith

Expected the unexpected.

Brighton or Newcastle could fail to beat Sheff U. It happens.
Just as we  will sometimes probably  fail to win where it's expected, but get wins in unexpected places.

We need to be fully up and prepared for every game, and if there's a set back, dust ourselves down and  prepare for the next game.

There's pressure on all the teams down there, and we've  put that pressure on to an extent.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: RaySmith on March 15, 2021, 09:45:24 AM
Expected the unexpected.

Brighton or Newcastle could fail to beat Sheff U. It happens.
Just as we  will sometimes probably  fail to win where it's expected, but get wins in unexpected places.

We need to be fully up and prepared for every game, and if there's a set back, dust ourselves down and  prepare for the next game.

There's pressure on all the teams down there, and we've  put that pressure on to an extent.

:plus one:    Exactamundo Raymundo
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFC1987

It would be very typical of this season if Newcastle now beat Brighton though creating that nice gap for both.....

Whitestone

I'm not convinced that 38 points will be enough this year. More like 39 or 40. Hope I'm wrong.