watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Reflecting.

Started by bog, March 14, 2021, 09:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I thought first half we did what we had to when in possession and made it hard for them although MOTD managed to make it look one way traffic. There was one move the length of the pitch that they totally ignored. At no time were we overrun in that period and they didn't have it all their own way. With the 2nd half at their place and this first 45 we had managed 90mins without conceding v of the top sides in Europe. The second half was painfully not enjoyable but that early free kick was never a foul and our naïve defending from the kick undid all our good intentions and later two annoying errors made it look easy.

Obviously they deserved to win but were not as wonderful as the fawning commentators made out.   049:gif

Thank you and good night 

092.gif   

Fernhurst

Plus 1 ——  :54:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

I blame the referee for blowing for halftime. If we could have played all the way through it could have been a different outcome.
Goals change games and their first coming from a free kick the referee gave to City which IMO was never an infringement knocked us back and all of a sudden we were chasing the game, they are a class act and do not need a referee to assist them. I often wonder if some referees have a conscience.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

I never expected us to win that game but was hoping for a performance that would give us confidence for the next match at home to Leeds. I think we came away with some negatives that Parker has to address.

1. That high defensive line we took for the first goal left much too much space between our defenders and the goal. Leeds will be pleased to exploit that space as City did.
2. Two defensive error lead to goals, we hadn't see those for a while.
3. No goals again , we have only scored eight all season. Leeds have now scored 24 goals away from home, they are likely to score next week so we can't expect a clean sheet , we will need a goal or two.
4. The plan of playing without a centre forward took City by surprise but they gradually adjusted, it is not to be repeated.