watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shin pads

Started by Andy S, March 14, 2021, 09:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

In the 60's and 70s we had shin pads that were very clumsy. Since then they have got thinner and thinner until itv looks like nobody wears them now. Is that really the case?

H4usuallysitting

Is this one of them clever ITV adverts

gang

They are compulsory in the top 4 divisions, not sure about lower leagues, just improved to be more comfortable.

Woolly Mammoth

Shin pads are mandatory in all men's adult open age League football.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jamie88

Quote from: gang on March 14, 2021, 10:55:49 AM
They are compulsory in the top 4 divisions, not sure about lower leagues, just improved to be more comfortable.

I'm sure I see certain players choosing to not wear them, Grealish for one

HV71

He doesn't need to - he never gets fouled

Logicalman

Quote from: HV71 on March 14, 2021, 08:13:00 PM
He doesn't need to - he never gets fouled

:005:   064.gif  :023:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

In my young days we didn't have a lot of money to spend on sports gear and old books (not hardback) were often used as makeshift shin-guards.

Woolly Mammoth

Back in the 60s I remember forgetting to bring my shin pads to a game, fortunately I found an old piece of carpet in a filthy old cupboard next to the dressing room. So I managed to cut and rip enough off to enable me to shove it down my socks and hold it there with tie ups. I don't think it was Shag Pile or Axminster but it did a job.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.