Wolves      West Ham      Chelsea     
Arsenal      Liverpool      Sheff Utd     
Chelsea      Arsenal       Leeds     
Burnley      Leicester      Wolves     
Southampton      Man City      West Ham     
Man Utd      Sheffield      Man City     
Newcastle      Fulham        Arsenal     
[I wish it was easier to do tables!]

They both have more of the "top" teams - so think they will find it tougher than we will.   We will make up the difference and overtake both.

Now what about Newcastle v Brighton - what's best for us - a draw? Or a Brighton win to sink Newcastle?

FFC1987

Newcastle.

I said if we were within 3 points game 29 we could stay up, and not stay up needing much on last game. regardless of Newcastles late equaliser, they just don't look like a team who will win many games and I don't know how true that is when Wilson, Max and Almiron back when you look at who they're playing at that point in time. Saying that......we need to win Saturday for that still to be the case for me. A relatively our of form Leeds without Bamford are where we need to get 3 points. It won't be curtains if we lose/draw but it'll be close to it.

SuffolkWhite

Newcastle have the hardest run in but Brighton's last 3 games are tough.

It's in our own hands, we need 12 points maybe and we have more winnable games than the other two.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride as these last games are going to be a Rollercoaster !!!!!!!  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Sgt Fulham

If offered I would take needing to beat Newcastle on the last day to stay up.

HV71

Andy S

RaySmith

Quote from: HV71 on March 15, 2021, 09:49:44 AM
If offered I would take Valium

Double strength with  a half bottle of vodka!

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 15, 2021, 09:26:32 AM
If offered I would take needing to beat Newcastle on the last day to stay up.

It could be all done and dusted by the last game of the season, much to the TV companies upset of course!

It really is game by game but what gives me hope is that (other than the mistakes against Citeh) we have been very consistent and improving.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Cookie6262

A win against Leeds Friday would be huge as we move above Newcastle putting pressure on them. Leeds isn't a must but would help, the next 4 games are all winnable ( Leeds, Villa, Wolves, Arsenal) we need 5-7 points keeps us in the fight.

The big thing will be Newcastle's game in hand I'm praying they don't win it

Lordedmundo

I think we have the most winnable games, although Newcastle and Brighton both have a banker against Sheffield United. 

Probably a Brighton win against Newcastle is best for us (although a draw not a disaster). After that, I just don't see a Newcastle win up until the aforementioned Sheffield United game on
15 May. So, if we can get enough points on the board prior to that date (when we play Man Utd) we may not need anything on the last day.

Agree that a win against Leeds this week will be huge!  It will hopefully mean that only a further 2 wins and perhaps 2 or 3 draws at most will be needed prior to the Old Trafford visit..

FFC In Oz

I'm actually entering a polar bear-esque state of hibernation and arising about an hour before kick-off against Newcastle (need to have a couple of nerve settlers before kick off after 2 months of rest)

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Lordedmundo on March 15, 2021, 11:14:05 AM
I think we have the most winnable games, although Newcastle and Brighton both have a banker against Sheffield United. 

Probably a Brighton win against Newcastle is best for us (although a draw not a disaster). After that, I just don't see a Newcastle win up until the aforementioned Sheffield United game on
15 May. So, if we can get enough points on the board prior to that date (when we play Man Utd) we may not need anything on the last day.

Agree that a win against Leeds this week will be huge!  It will hopefully mean that only a further 2 wins and perhaps 2 or 3 draws at most will be needed prior to the Old Trafford visit..

Sheff U may appoint a good new manager so that game is not necessarily a banker

Fulham 442

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 15, 2021, 02:03:50 PM
Quote from: Lordedmundo on March 15, 2021, 11:14:05 AM

Sheff U may appoint a good new manager so that game is not necessarily a banker
No they won't, they have Heckingbottom in until the end of the season as caretaker with Jason Tindall arriving today to assist him.  I think the Brewster signing was the catalyst for the fallout, over £20m and yet to score....
I agree I think a Brighton win next weekend is best for us.  That means it will be between us and Newcastle I reckon, and they look pretty broken atm....

Ruislip White

Feel notebook optimistic after seeing those run in comparisons.  Newcastle and Brighton's  run ins look daunting.

BestOfBrede

Doesn't show WBAs run in and I'm not sure they can't improve, although obviously hope not

FFC1987

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 15, 2021, 07:03:23 PM
Doesn't show WBAs run in and I'm not sure they can't improve, although obviously hope not

if WestBrom finish above us, its irrelevant really, we're down.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 15, 2021, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 15, 2021, 07:03:23 PM

if WestBrom finish above us, its irrelevant really, we're down.
Yes I suppose that's true, unless they go on a run with us and someone above implodes - unlikely for certain

Wingnut

Beat Leeds, and a draw in the Brighton v Newcastle game would be the best result. If we dont beat Leeds, a Brighton win or draw would be the best result for us. We need to stay within three points of one or both of them. Brighton's fixtures look awful on paper. They really need to beat Newcastle.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Woolly Mammoth

All three have tough games, that is why we and the other two are down the bottom, not a lot between us.
The best scenario is to put this relegation issue to bed before we play Newcastle.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jimpav

Very unpredictable at this stage. There are always freak results towards the end of the season.

It's going to be a test of each managers credentials and the players desires to stay up.