watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two months to go

Started by Andy S, March 15, 2021, 10:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

We have about two months to go before the end of the season. With COVID 19 was the season anywhere near as lucrative as we were told it would be? We were told it would be worth at least £100m but with no crowds allowed into grounds and tv money cut along with higher wages was it worth anything at all? One thing for sure it has been an interesting ride no matter what happens over the next ten games

Logicalman

Interesting thoughts, though I wasn't aware that TV monies had been cut, as I thought those were multi-year deals.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFC In Oz

When was TV money cut?  Have you got a link?

Considering the fact that nobody is allowed at games/pubs etc you'd think TV audiences would have increased.

Twig

Turnstile receipts and F&B sales represent a small percentage of total income for PL clubs and I wasn't aware TV income had been reduced at all. In addition clubs have furloughed staff and/or declared some redundant. Given all that I wouldn't expect our income over this season to have been dented too much.

Sammyffc

TV money cut ? uhhhhh ? since when ?

Andy S

You might not hear about it but it doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Every business will try to save what it can due to the pandemic. The Tv companies have had it supply a team and a rig at every premier club for every match. This has to be paid for. Gate money while not being the only income a club receives is significant revenue. Let's not pretend it doesn't matter. Wages have to be paid and I don't remember reading that Sherri or Johanson had been  Furloughed. We have so fear not scratched the surface of the fall out from the pandemic in any part of our lives