https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many points from the next 4?

Started by Jim©, March 16, 2021, 11:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Aaron on March 17, 2021, 01:47:55 AM
Quote from: Andy S on March 16, 2021, 11:30:38 PM
I believe all those sides are beatable and a lot of them have already got to the stage where they do not have the urgency to win their games as the teams at the bottom or the top have. So for that reason we have a possibility of 12 points but I think we will fall somewhere and predict 9 points

I think that's a particularly valid point this season, the lack of crowds and weirdness of COVID the whole situation has really shaken things up.

Of our next set of fixtures there's not a single team with anything left to play for.  They're all safe at this point and none of them are challenging for a spot in Europe.  It's got to be hard to stay fully motivated when you're kicking it about in an empty stadium and have literally nothing to play for.  Even Liverpool seem to have given up for the season.

Newcastle on the other hand have two teams around them in a relegation scrap and one team challenging for Europe.

I know which set of fixtures I prefer the look of.

agree with this logic. Need our intensity to remain high

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on March 16, 2021, 11:30:38 PM
I believe all those sides are beatable and a lot of them have already got to the stage where they do not have the urgency to win their games as the teams at the bottom or the top have. So for that reason we have a possibility of 12 points but I think we will fall somewhere and predict 9 points

Agree with your comments especially about " all those sides are beatable ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

4 points providing we beat Leeds, really can't see us getting any points against Villa and Arsenal in spite of our great run of away results.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jim©

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2021, 08:33:52 AM
4 points providing we beat Leeds, really can't see us getting any points against Villa and Arsenal in spite of our great run of away results.

As I said earlier in the thread - the last ten games we've got 13 points and we've played 6 of the top 8. Man City are the only team we can't beat IMO, the rest all there for the taking IF we're at our top level.

Southdowns White

If we can inject an element of pace into our attack in these games I think we can win any of them, BDR to start if he is fit is a must for me. Slow, slow build up against the teams that are happy to sit back and possibly break if they get the chance, will end in stalemate. If we can draw teams out I think we have more of a chance to score.