watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many points from the next 4?

Started by Jim©, March 16, 2021, 11:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

So, after that mini run of very tough fixtures, we move onto a seemingly kinder run of 4 games....

Leeds (h)
Villa (a)
Wolves (h)
Arsenal (a)

Interestingly, we lost to all 4 of these teams earlier in the season, the first time we have a run of games where that's happened.
I think there's two winnable games in there, the two home ones, but with our away form it's likely we could pick some points up there too.

I think we can get 7 from this run, though I'd take 6. Less than 4 would heap a load of pressure on us for the last 6 games.

Twig

I think we must take 6 points to stand any chance of staying up. However, I am hoping for 7 (trying to be reasonably realistic).  And itwould be good if one of the wins could come from the Leeds game just to heap more pressure on our rivals for the drop.

SuffolkWhite

We need at least 6, but God only knows.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

MJG

5 would be the par score considering Arsenal are one of the teams.
We need to get level on points and games asap really, so at the end of 33 games if we had another 7 points from this run that would be a great return and set us up well with 5 left and one with Newcastle where we expect 3 dont we?

Big weekend ahead.
Just the views of a long term fan

Jim©

Quote from: MJG on March 16, 2021, 12:38:27 PM
5 would be the par score considering Arsenal are one of the teams.
We need to get level on points and games asap really, so at the end of 33 games if we had another 7 points from this run that would be a great return and set us up well with 5 left and one with Newcastle where we expect 3 dont we?

Big weekend ahead.

I'd really prefer to not have the last day drama!
To get our nose infront of Newcastle pre international break would be ideal as they then have that horror run coming up of W Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester and Man City whilst we play Arsenal, Chelsea, Burnley, Southampton and Man U. 

FFC1987

I think we'll need 9 but would take 7.

Whitesideup

I would like 2 or 3 more than Newcastle get from their next five games. But Newcastle have Brighton and Burnley, and Tottenham  as their next three, and Tottenham aren't all that.

Holders

5 or 6 I reckon but happy to be proven wrong.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FFC In Oz

Our home form has been dismal this season, so for that reason I'm actually more confident going in to the Villa game than I am Leeds & Wolves.

Woolly Mammoth

We need 12, so we can put this relegation issue to bed, but I will settle for 8. We have to look and be positive and show confidence, no hiding behind the settee anymore for some. Look these challenges straight in the eye. No fannying around hoping for a break or some luck or the run of the green.
We have to go for it in every game and not be afraid to play anybody if we want to stay up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lordedmundo

I think 6 points would be fine - 5 points probably the least we can get away with, but of course it all depends on what Newcastle do.

We are capable of getting 9 or even 10 points - if we can do that then we will surely be ahead of Newcastle with 5 games to play. If we are then ahead by 3 points or more then I think we can match their points total over the subsequent 4 games (and therefore not need anything against them on the last day).

filham

The first question to be answered is how many goals from the next four games. We got one from the last four and unless we do better than that we are as good as relegated.

Mitro has to be used from the start of matches.

Jim©

Quote from: filham on March 16, 2021, 04:46:18 PM
The first question to be answered is how many goals from the next four games. We got one from the last four and unless we do better than that we are as good as relegated.

Mitro has to be used from the start of matches.

Not really. in our last 6 games we scored 3 goals and won two and drew two. Keep it tight and nick a goal, seems to have worked the last ten games (13 points) where we've played 6 of the top 8. Impressive.

The Rock

Interesting that these 4 teams haven't played us yet.

Arsenal I see beat our Championship side: Odoi, Ream, Hector, Kamara, Bryan, Cairney, Onomah, Kebano, Rodak etc.

7 or 8 points is very achievable. We're a much better side.

Jimmy Hill

blingo

fancyfeet4

We cant rely on other teams to drop points.  As you saw last weekend, they will still pickup points here and there.

I think the next game is a must win.  Leeds form guide is poor.  1 win and 1 draw in the last 6.  Get 3 and our outlook looks way different.  Lose or draw and we have 2 games more than Newcastle and Brighton and will be down points.  it will feel much different.

Andyb

I think we will get 4 points all draws

Andy S

I believe all those sides are beatable and a lot of them have already got to the stage where they do not have the urgency to win their games as the teams at the bottom or the top have. So for that reason we have a possibility of 12 points but I think we will fall somewhere and predict 9 points

Aaron

Quote from: Andy S on March 16, 2021, 11:30:38 PM
I believe all those sides are beatable and a lot of them have already got to the stage where they do not have the urgency to win their games as the teams at the bottom or the top have. So for that reason we have a possibility of 12 points but I think we will fall somewhere and predict 9 points

I think that's a particularly valid point this season, the lack of crowds and weirdness of COVID the whole situation has really shaken things up.

Of our next set of fixtures there's not a single team with anything left to play for.  They're all safe at this point and none of them are challenging for a spot in Europe.  It's got to be hard to stay fully motivated when you're kicking it about in an empty stadium and have literally nothing to play for.  Even Liverpool seem to have given up for the season.

Newcastle on the other hand have two teams around them in a relegation scrap and one team challenging for Europe.

I know which set of fixtures I prefer the look of.