News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would sessegnon be scoring goals for us?

Started by Willham, March 17, 2021, 11:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 18, 2021, 08:40:14 AM
Quote from: Andy S on March 18, 2021, 08:00:52 AM
Ryan Sess is a disaster for a young player. It's very sad what has happened to him. Ok he has probably earns a fair bit of cash but he could have been playing first team football for us had he stayed. Him moving on has left a gap for another young player to come through so it's not all bad for us. Whether he will get another opportunity who knows but the grass isn't always greener on the other side
Are you sure about that? Have you been following his career since he left and reading Hoffenheim match reports and articles/interviews re Sess?

Was going to say. He's doing well there.

General

Steeeeeeeeeed

The One thing I agreed with Claudio Ranieri was that Sess was 'too nice' during those few months. He looked like a timid schoolboy (which he still was I guess) in the Prem. He was so out of his depth.

I do wish him well though, and two - three years from now he may well be close to the player we thought he would be.

The Rational Fan

Ryan Sessegnon's whoscored statistics indicate that he hasn't improved as a left-winger, but he has improved dramatically as a left-back with a career personal best number of inceptions, tackles, and clearances per game in the Bundesliga in that position. I am not sure of Ryan Sessegnon's best position, but if it's as a left-back then I should remind you that Stuart Pearce was left back for Wealdstone at Ryan Sessegnon's age, so he has time to develop.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 19, 2021, 12:52:17 AM
Ryan Sessegnon's whoscored statistics indicate that he hasn't improved as a left-winger, but he has improved dramatically as a left-back with a career personal best number of inceptions, tackles, and clearances per game in the Bundesliga in that position. I am not sure of Ryan Sessegnon's best position, but if it's as a left-back then I should remind you that Stuart Pearce was left back for Wealdstone at Ryan Sessegnon's age, so he has time to develop.

That made me smile (and this is not a criticism or sarcasm). I just loved the comparison of Pancho Pierce with Ryan Sessegnon. Sort of like comparing a cheetah with a rhino or a Jag with a Hummer?

Riverside

I think Sess would be scoring

Where Sess was special was his how many decisive touches he had
The number of times I said that I would sub him and then he set up or scored a goal

I think he would have similar stats to Lookman who has 4 goals and 3 assists
But is he better than Lookman ?

Cav has 3 goals and ZERO assists
RLC has 1 goal and ZERO assists
Bobby has 5 goals and ZERO assists
( Mitro has 2 goals and THREE assists )

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 18, 2021, 07:04:17 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 18, 2021, 06:36:27 PM
It is impossible to say.
We all know he made a massive mistake leaving us for Spurs, but he did it for his own career and future. But his one and only season in the prem for us, wasn't a great success. However, after another year in the Championship with more first team games, he could well have been a phenom this season.

But he isn't with us, so there is literally no point dwelling on it and wondering what might have been.
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 18, 2021, 06:46:48 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on March 18, 2021, 06:38:24 PM
I don't get why they play him at left back. His best attribute is his finishing, he's a natural goalscorer.

Is it though? He's scored 24 goals in his club career. Not prolific.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan, but I believe hes a strong wing back. Under the right guidence he could be a new Ashley Cole.
You say we all know he made a big mistake leaving us for spurs (well I for one don't) and that under the right guidence (sic) he could be a new Ashley Cole. Don't you see any contradiction  in your 2 posts and do you realise that when he joined Spurs it was when  Pochettino was there?  Poch has a pretty good record of developing young players.

Don't you see the contradiction in your point? Poch WAS there when he moved, now its Jose. And we all know how he feels about developing young players.
So my point and opinon still stands. He made a mistake going to Spurs.

simplyfulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 19, 2021, 11:26:28 AM
Don't you see the contradiction in your point? Poch WAS there when he moved, now its Jose. And we all know how he feels about developing young players.

But that's with the benefit of hindsight.

Don't think anyone saw the managerial change coming at spurs when Sess moved. Imagine what we could all achieve if we had a crystal ball.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 19, 2021, 11:26:28 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 18, 2021, 07:04:17 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 18, 2021, 06:36:27 PM
It is impossible to say.
We all know he made a massive mistake leaving us for Spurs, but he did it for his own career and future. But his one and only season in the prem for us, wasn't a great success. However, after another year in the Championship with more first team games, he could well have been a phenom this season.

But he isn't with us, so there is literally no point dwelling on it and wondering what might have been.
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 18, 2021, 06:46:48 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on March 18, 2021, 06:38:24 PM
I don't get why they play him at left back. His best attribute is his finishing, he's a natural goalscorer.

Is it though? He's scored 24 goals in his club career. Not prolific.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan, but I believe hes a strong wing back. Under the right guidence he could be a new Ashley Cole.
You say we all know he made a big mistake leaving us for spurs (well I for one don't) and that under the right guidence (sic) he could be a new Ashley Cole. Don't you see any contradiction  in your 2 posts and do you realise that when he joined Spurs it was when  Pochettino was there?  Poch has a pretty good record of developing young players.

That's a bit like saying that you buy a pint of your favourite beer, take a drink of it and someone happens to knock over your glass. Was it a mistake to buy the beer? With your logic yes. But, to return to the original point, IMO Sess is doing well with Hoffenheim and was right to move to Spurs.  I don't believe our coaching set up is the best he could/can experience. Not, per se, a criticism of ours but simply that in general bigger, richer clubs are better resourced on and off the field.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

perry geyton

Quote from: Colton F.C. on March 18, 2021, 06:17:41 PM
Well yes.....and no.  Maybe a few more than Cav, Lockman & RLC (combined?)
He's not half the player Lookman is

grandad

He did well in the Championship but only when Mitro was playing with him. Not a PL FB or Wing Back yet.
Where there's a will there's a wife