News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would sessegnon be scoring goals for us?

Started by Willham, March 17, 2021, 11:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

Ryan Sessegnon's ability only shone occasionally on a poor season in the prem last time, but how much was that down to situation and team mates?
Do you think in our current formation he would the goalscorer/maker we could do with or do you think something else?

JackHamlet90

Think he would do better for sure but don't think he would play LM as much as Lookman is a better player

Bassey the warrior

Andy S

Ryan Sess is a disaster for a young player. It's very sad what has happened to him. Ok he has probably earns a fair bit of cash but he could have been playing first team football for us had he stayed. Him moving on has left a gap for another young player to come through so it's not all bad for us. Whether he will get another opportunity who knows but the grass isn't always greener on the other side

Steeeeeeeeeed

I saw his name mentioned the other day, but it was because he got hammered all game by a young winger that a number of clubs (including Everton, and errrr Fulham) are supposedly looking at.

He still is only 20 though, which surprised me (21 in May)

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Andy S on March 18, 2021, 08:00:52 AM
Ryan Sess is a disaster for a young player. It's very sad what has happened to him. Ok he has probably earns a fair bit of cash but he could have been playing first team football for us had he stayed. Him moving on has left a gap for another young player to come through so it's not all bad for us. Whether he will get another opportunity who knows but the grass isn't always greener on the other side
Are you sure about that? Have you been following his career since he left and reading Hoffenheim match reports and articles/interviews re Sess?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

junior white

Seen a couple of games he is playing left back or left wing back it seems and he did ok in the games I saw. Different position to when he played on the wing for us so can't draw a comparison, I never thought he was a full back as he wasnt the best defensively. But then who doe splay proper full backs these days lol.

We Are Premier League

He 20y, playing every week as left back in germany, could have a good/great career in-front of him. But No, at this stage he would not be a saviour to us.

Saw an interview with him recently, he said that he is learning alot about his defensive positioning and working on building up his strength in germany.

Twig

Certainly not a potential saviour for us. However to answer the OP, he did have the ability to get into the right place at the right time to score a few important goals and I seem to recall that he was a pretty confident finisher. So I do think he could have been useful given none of our players are scoring for fun.

filham

Well in the Championship he certainly demonstrated an eye for goal, not too sure how he would perform right now.

Be good if he was around as an option though, we are desperate for a couple of goalscorers.

perry geyton

No he simply was not good enough at the highest level

gang

WindyCity

<<Would sessegnon be scoring goals for us?>>

NO

simplyfulham

Would sessegnon be scoring goals for us?

YES

Obviously.

Colton F.C.

Well yes.....and no.  Maybe a few more than Cav, Lockman & RLC (combined?)

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

It is impossible to say.
We all know he made a massive mistake leaving us for Spurs, but he did it for his own career and future. But his one and only season in the prem for us, wasn't a great success. However, after another year in the Championship with more first team games, he could well have been a phenom this season.

But he isn't with us, so there is literally no point dwelling on it and wondering what might have been.

Bassey the warrior

I don't get why they play him at left back. His best attribute is his finishing, he's a natural goalscorer.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on March 18, 2021, 06:38:24 PM
I don't get why they play him at left back. His best attribute is his finishing, he's a natural goalscorer.

Is it though? He's scored 24 goals in his club career. Not prolific.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan, but I believe hes a strong wing back. Under the right guidence he could be a new Ashley Cole.

Dodgin

Just back after injury, seems a regular choice.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 18, 2021, 06:36:27 PM
It is impossible to say.
We all know he made a massive mistake leaving us for Spurs, but he did it for his own career and future. But his one and only season in the prem for us, wasn't a great success. However, after another year in the Championship with more first team games, he could well have been a phenom this season.

But he isn't with us, so there is literally no point dwelling on it and wondering what might have been.
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on March 18, 2021, 06:46:48 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on March 18, 2021, 06:38:24 PM

Is it though? He's scored 24 goals in his club career. Not prolific.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan, but I believe hes a strong wing back. Under the right guidence he could be a new Ashley Cole.
You say we all know he made a big mistake leaving us for spurs (well I for one don't) and that under the right guidence (sic) he could be a new Ashley Cole. Don't you see any contradiction  in your 2 posts and do you realise that when he joined Spurs it was when  Pochettino was there?  Poch has a pretty good record of developing young players.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.