watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time Has Come Today!

Started by WindyCity, March 19, 2021, 02:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

......"Can't put it off another day"....."There are things to realize".....Anything less than three points tonight and relegation is assured...

And if FFC wins tonight....."my soul has been psychedelicized!"

Time Has Come TODAY!!!

Nod to the Chambers Brothers......

SuffolkWhite

Relegation is not assured tonight if we don't win imo. I guess we will shall see come the end of the season.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Almost every match we have played since Christmas has been a must win, we are now onto must, must win games.

perry geyton

I'm almost dreading this game,

my Leeds supporting neighbor ain't helping things either,

SuffolkWhite

I thought Leeds were alright against a resurgent Chelski so I think this is one of the games we may draw! I think Wolves is a game we have a better chance of winning and also Villa, it's all a matter of opinion.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on March 19, 2021, 02:28:48 PM
Almost every match we have played since Christmas has been a must win, we are now onto must, must win games.

Haha.....I think we've reached that point, don't you?  It's time for some wins.  We can't go on forever hoping against hope that all the teams around us lose all their games, while we accumulate losses and draws.  Just not realistic, and not a formula for staying in this league.  At some point wins are necessary if FFC wants to stay in this league.  COYW!!!!

perry geyton

Game are running out I'm with the OP it's a must win game
More then ever

SuffolkWhite

I would much rather we won the next 4 games and picked up the odd point here and there the rest of the season......But this is football and Fulham!!!!

COYW
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

somerset cockernee

Quote from: WindyCity on March 19, 2021, 02:11:06 PM
......"Can't put it off another day"....."There are things to realize".....Anything less than three points tonight and relegation is assured...

And if FFC wins tonight....."my soul has been psychedelicized!"

Time Has Come TODAY!!! Absolute stonking track !

Nod to the Chambers Brothers......

WindyCity

Quote from: somerset cockernee on March 19, 2021, 04:03:30 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on March 19, 2021, 02:11:06 PM
Absolute stonking track !

Yes, one of the great anthems of the late sixties.  (Long version of course)

Cuckoo!

sunburywhite

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Scott, Fulham, and Shahid Khan!'
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SouthIslandWhite

A true war song imo.

I used to play this on my old 2007 era IPod whilst I was serving in Afghanistan before I had to go out. Glad I always found it waiting for me every time when I got back to CP. Classic Vietnam era tune, works in any war I can assure you. COYWs!   049:gif
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

arnieb

Got a Chambers Brothers double vinyl album,1 side live 1 studio,from'71?.Fantastic! Their drummer was a white fella from Yorkshire.

FFC1987

If we don't win tonight its not over, but its another nail in the coffin with time running out. We can't expect Newcastle to lose all of their games but if we can be in front or alongside 11th April, them having played Brighton, Burnley and Spurs, and we having played Leeds, Villa and Wolves, I think you have to fancy us staying up. Between that point and close of season, their next 5 games are Westham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester and Man City. Really tough run that closing with Sheffield and Us. We could be 4 points + clear by that point pending a run of wins......

WindyCity

Quote from: arnieb on March 19, 2021, 05:59:11 PM
Got a Chambers Brothers double vinyl album,1 side live 1 studio,from'71?.Fantastic! Their drummer was a white fella from Yorkshire.

Cool     :dft003:

The very first album I ever bought (and played on the folks' "hi-fi") was Chambers Brothers - "A New Time - A New Day"

Jules

This game is huge for our chances of staying up. A combination of a win taking us out the bottom 3, a home game against a mid table team, a match tomorrow between our 2 relegation rivals who would feel pressure if we win. Plus, an international break (yawn!). Let's hope we can do it. A win and 3 points would give us real momentum to stay out the bottom 3.

davew

Quote from: perry geyton on March 19, 2021, 03:15:21 PM
Game are running out I'm with the OP it's a must win game
More then ever
Not sure, a point would be ok, obviously 3 would be better. Just hoping that at the very worst we get to the last game of the season where if we beat or draw against Newcastle we stay up, not too much to ask.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)