watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker comments

Started by LittleErn, March 19, 2021, 10:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleErn

Scott is telling it like it is. He said we didn't deserve the points and made wrong decisions at crucial times. "Very disappointed with tonight".

SP

Well done for hanging in there, I had to switch off at the final whistle.

LittleErn

I was too shell-shocked to move!

davew

Quote from: LittleErn on March 19, 2021, 10:22:21 PM
Scott is telling it like it is. He said we didn't deserve the points and made wrong decisions at crucial times. "Very disappointed with tonight".
Who made the wrong decisions, presumably it was him?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

LittleErn

3rdgenfan

Maybe we would have a better chance at securing the points if he'd taken Cav off for Mitro instead of Maja. Bad managerial decesion

SuffolkWhite

Not watched his reaction, but  could not understand Majar coming off.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Whitestone

As the OP said Scott said it exactly as I would imagine most people saw it. We were poor tonight and now have eight cup finals. It ain't over yet.

love4ffc

Scott is correct, we did not deserve anything tonight.  Hopefully he can get this squad to pull together and make it happen for the rest of the season.  Fingers and toes crossed. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

clarkey

Scott was honest but taking Maja off was a shocker, selecting three non creative midfielders was poor, and bringing on RLC when it was obvious we were only going to score through set pieces was a serious misreading of the game.

We lost too many personal battles and our decisions making when in possession was awful.

Of course Cav was terrible and Lookman let everybody down. But then he flatters to deceive every single game. He has never really looked a quality finisher.Very sad defeat tonight. Left us with nowhere to go except attack.

andyk

He is partially responsible. He blew their confidence last week.
Basically, told them they weren't good enough to compete with Man City.
Rooky mistake. Overthinking everything.
Should have set them up to try and score. But no striker, no intention of trying to score. It undermined a team that had just domnated the champions, at Anfield.

Woolly Mammoth

I had three gripes about tonight. Two of them I said at the time so it was not as though I was being wise after the event.
First gripe, I cannot understand why Tete did not start at Right Back as he is the best full back we have.
Then it would have been a straight choice between Aina and Robinson at left back and would probably have chosen Aina to start.
Second Gripe, why take Maja off at half time, he was doing ok, yes if he wants to put Mitro on fine but keep Maja on, although Maja is more likely to score. Of course somebody would have to come off but not Maja. Otherwise don't bring Mitro on for Maja.
Third gripe was we know how Leeds play and it is important to keep our composure at the back and up front but we did the opposite, especially at the back which is unlike us and we lost our shape so quickly which is unlike us.
But we cannot beat ourselves up about it, it is easy to point the finger after a disappointing display and result.
We are in the Stickiest Situation since Sticky the Stick insect got Stuck on a Sticky bun.
However, we have 8 League games left and we probably need to win half of those games to save ourselves.
I thought Scott Parker in his post match interview said it how it is, he was honest and I am sure behind closed he would have shown the players how disappointed he is.
I expect supporters will be criticising and slagging off anyone they don't like, and I understand the frustration and disappointment, as most of us expected more tonight, but that gets you nowhere. It is now that we have to have calm heads and positive thinking, we must not even think about relegation until we are actually relegated. 
There will be more twists and turns and I understand we are running out of games, but all is not lost.
It's back to the training ground and the draining board and show us all that they are capable of reaching the target despite the fact that we cannot buy a win at Craven Cottage which is just as well we have 5 away games and tough ones at that, but so was Everton, Leicester and Liverpool and look what happened there.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

No complaints from me Leeds were the better team and deserved to win. I would have liked to have seen Maja and Mitro on at half time as we would have seen Leeds having to defend more. But it didn't happen so now we just have to get on with it

Whitestone

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 19, 2021, 11:22:17 PM
I had three gripes about tonight. Two of them I said at the time so it was not as though I was being wise after the event.
First gripe, I cannot understand why Tete did not start at Right Back as he is the best full back we have.
Then it would have been a straight choice between Aina and Robinson at left back and would probably have chosen Aina to start.
Second Gripe, why take Maja off at half time, he was doing ok, yes if he wants to put Mitro on fine but keep Maja on, although Maja is more likely to score. Of course somebody would have to come off but not Maja. Otherwise don't bring Mitro on for Maja.
Third gripe was we know how Leeds play and it is important to keep our composure at the back and up front but we did the opposite, especially at the back which is unlike us and we lost our shape so quickly which is unlike us.
But we cannot beat ourselves up about it, it is easy to point the finger after a disappointing display and result.
We are in the Stickiest Situation since Sticky the Stick insect got Stuck on a Sticky bun.
However, we have 8 League games left and we probably need to win half of those games to save ourselves.
I thought Scott Parker in his post match interview said it how it is, he was honest and I am sure behind closed he would have shown the players how disappointed he is.
I expect supporters will be criticising and slagging off anyone they don't like, and I understand the frustration and disappointment, as most of us expected more tonight, but that gets you nowhere. It is now that we have to have calm heads and positive thinking, we must not even think about relegation until we are actually relegated. 
There will be more twists and turns and I understand we are running out of games, but all is not lost.
It's back to the training ground and the draining board and show us all that they are capable of reaching the target despite the fact that we cannot buy a win at Craven Cottage which is just as well we have 5 away games and tough ones at that, but so was Everton, Leicester and Liverpool and look what happened there.

Brilliant summary apart for the mention of the R word although credit due for saying we must not think about it.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 19, 2021, 11:22:17 PM

Don't like quoting when write up is so long but Woolly I am with you for every word, well said my man.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

colinwhite

We were not great tonight and deserved nothing which is even more disappointing given how we have been playing. Lookmans miss changed the game and he and several others got bullied all night. Many players were disappointing tonight including some that have seemed beyond criticism with Harrison Reed , Andersen and Tosin all below par. Its difficult though ,they pressed Andersen in particular very high ,and reed found little space to manouvre in front of defense which meant we were forced to play long alot of the time (something many have been advocating ! ).

Ironically enough it was our inability to keep the ball without feeling under real threat from press which cost us. But you have to hand it to Leeds they really had our number and did a job on us.

MikeCdawg

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on March 19, 2021, 10:33:22 PM
Not watched his reaction, but  could not understand Majar coming off.

Same here. I didn't think mitro looked fit warming up at half time never mind when he came on

Nero

Yes the plan was to score from a set piece. Christ we got lucky once I wouldn't expect another one until next season let alone the next half. Great move bring on your target man and leave on your full back that can't cross.  I try and see the positive in Parker but to many times hes let us down like playing for draws against other teams at the bottom. Leeds were there for the taking and we made them look good. Honestly do people thing Leeds players are any better them Fulhams or have just been coached better and been told they can win games instead of being told they're going to lose as the other team is better

e4b

Thought Mitro did ok. Held the ball up brought in other teammates .Some of Maja's first touch was awful gave the ball back to them

alfie

I personally thought Maja was poor, other than one good attempt, his first touch needs a lot of work.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't